Quantcast ECV's in the parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ECV's in the parks

Hi,
    I was wondering of anyone knows the price per day for ECV at Disney. I had spinal cord surgery and sometimes after being on my feet to much I have trouble walking. I might not need it at all but this way I know how much to put aside for this.
    Thanks
    Janet

Aug 2005 CBR
    Aug 2007 POR
    Aug 2009 AKL 2 bedroom Villas Can't wait to wake up with the animals!!!
    Aug 2010 AkL 2 Bedroom Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Buena Vista Scooters runs about $30 per day....We used them last year, and were very pleased. They deliver to the hotel, so you have the scooter full time. You can also rent by the day at the parks, but there are limited numbers, and you can't use it away from the park. Don't know the daily rate for the parks, but I do know it is higher than BVS.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I think the daily rate at Disney is $45/day.

We also rented from Buena Vista, and were really happy, with the price and the service!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I think the daily rate at Disney is $45/day.
    That is correct. I think there is also a $20 deposit.

If you're park hopping, you can present your rental receipt for a free rental at other parks on the same day, but only if ECV's are available at the time.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all your responses. I hate to order from the other company because I may not need it. I do try to push myself and I have young kids but I don't want to ruin thier fun if I have trouble walking one day.
    Janet

Aug 2005 CBR
    Aug 2007 POR
    Aug 2009 AKL 2 bedroom Villas Can't wait to wake up with the animals!!!
    Aug 2010 AkL 2 Bedroom Villas

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has us thinking -- is there a way to arrange for an off-site ECV rental once we're down there? I'm hoping that my foot will hold out through our August trip (we are going for 2 weeks, and plan on taking it easy), but if it doesn't, we would want to get an ECV to get me around at the hotel in addition to the parks.

Anyone know?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    This thread has us thinking -- is there a way to arrange for an off-site ECV rental once we're down there? I'm hoping that my foot will hold out through our August trip (we are going for 2 weeks, and plan on taking it easy), but if it doesn't, we would want to get an ECV to get me around at the hotel in addition to the parks.

Anyone know?
    Yes, my own ECV's battery died while we were there in Dec. and one quick call to Walker Moblity had one waiting for me at WL in the time it took to have lunch at the GF and then take a taxi with said dead ECV in tow.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Yes, my own ECV's battery died while we were there in Dec. and one quick call to Walker Moblity had one waiting for me at WL in the time it took to have lunch at the GF and then take a taxi with said dead ECV in tow.
    Thanks Kay! My pride is telling me it will be ok, but my practical side wants to be prepared!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going during one of the more crowded seasons,by all means get one off site.WDW only has a limited number and they frequently run out.
    Google scooter rental,Orlando to find several agencies.
    Scoot-around and Buena Vista rentals come to mind.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default ECV'S in the parks

I have very bad knees in fact I need to have replacement surgery (whenever I can muster up the courage). I had used the ECV's in the parks which are great but they do run out very quickly especially if you hop from park to park. I found used Buena Vista Scooters and love them! I always have the scooter when I need it and do not have to worry if one is available! Buena Vista is the best and I think have the best equipemtn and rates. Plus they will deliver the scooter to your hote. In February we stayed at the Grand Floridian and it was there waiting for me when I arrived. Dont risk injurying yourself get a scooter!

Post Thanks / Like

The rates are a ridiculously hight $45 a day with a $20 deposit. Just two or three years ago, it was like $30 and before that it was $20.

I do not know what the daily offsite rates are but due to WDW's extremely high rates, I've had to cut down on my length of stay due to costs. I used to stay 7 or 8 days and now it's 5 or 6 because of ECV costs.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

The rates vary from agency to agency, and also vary for the type of equipment. The scooters have a user weight limit; the more "substantial" the scooter is, the higher the price.

Also, be aware that if you are travelling during a more popular time of year, you may not be able to call last-minute and secure an ECV (it happened to us when we returned from our cruise and I needed the scooter for just two days/one evening). Thus, you may have to depend on getting to the parks early and renting onsite.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: