Quantcast Sci-fi or Mama Melrosi

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sci-fi or Mama Melrosi

Which would you prefer going to for dinner
    SciFi or Mama Melrosi ? : I am just not sure if Sci-fi is worth using a TS Credit. Any feedback will be appreciated.. thanks

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]July 1996 off site
    July 2001 off site
    May 2004 AKL
    May 2005 All Star Resort Movies
    May 2006 PoP Century
    May 2007 POFQ
    June 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Disney Boardwalk Inn

November 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed Mama Melrose both times we ate there. Very good food and service.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

southern Indiana - 16 hours away from paradise
    Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten at both. Mama Melrose was the worst meal we have every eaten at WDW. The service was fine but the food was horrible. Sci-fi was really good and had some of the best service that we have had at any WDW restaurant and the atmosphere is so neat especially for kids.
    °0° Lori °0°
    '13--Pop and BCV
    '12--Pop and OKW
    '11--POR and AKV/BLT
    '10--POR
    '09--Pop and BCV -- Our first trip "home"
    '08--Pop and Poly-1st P&PP
    '07--Pop Century - 1st MNSSHP
    '07--ASMu--First family trip
    Many, many trips as a child with my parents

Post Thanks / Like

We've never enjoyed the food at sci-fi however we've always enjoyed Mama's and will be eating there on our upcoming trip this June.

Its a quieter venue then most of the restaurants in my personal opinion and is a nice break from the crowds.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to both. I prefer Sci Fi and DW prefers Mama Melrose. Neither was exceptionally good or bad. I liked the ambiance at the Sci Fi better.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GINNY69 View Post
    Which would you prefer going to for dinner
    SciFi or Mama Melrosi ? : I am just not sure if Sci-fi is worth using a TS Credit. Any feedback will be appreciated.. thanks

I would suggest sci-fi. We love it there and it is a must do every trip. I love the atmosphere, It feels like you are really at a drive in, And it's very vintage looking, The theme alone is so well done that it alone is worth the stop for me. May I suggest going for lunch. The have really good burgers and sandwiches. We enjoy the reuben and the cheeseburger, Me and my Mother usually get the reuben and cheeseburger and split it half and half, Which is really very tasty!

Post Thanks / Like

:
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    I would suggest sci-fi. We love it there and it is a must do every trip. I love the atmosphere, It feels like you are really at a drive in, And it's very vintage looking, The theme alone is so well done that it alone is worth the stop for me. May I suggest going for lunch. The have really good burgers and sandwiches. We enjoy the reuben and the cheeseburger, Me and my Mother usually get the reuben and cheeseburger and split it half and half, Which is really very tasty!
    This sounds like an excellent idea, I do beleive my DW and I will have to try it out. Thanks so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would rather go to McDonalds than go back to Sci-Fi.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I said after eating at the food court at the Caribbean.

We've not done Sci Fi in about eight or nine years and is on the list for lunch for our next visit. We do Mama Melrose every year and we've always had good food and good service.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

A toss-up for me but I'd probably lean towards the Sci-Fi Dine-in. Where else can you go to indoors to eat inside a "car"?
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried Sci-FI several time; I want so badly to like it. The atmosphere is cool for sure but the food is not that great. It's overpriced burgers- sorry but that's how I feel.

I like MM- I think it's good. The wood grilled shrimp pasta is great and very generously portioned. We also get the breads and spreads appetizer. I would pick MM hands down.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I would chose Sci-Fi for the experience and the atmosphere. The food is good but nothing special, I enjoy the grilled chicken sandwich and the cokes with cherry syrup in - yum!
    Sci-fi is so unique and for that I would pick it over Mama Melrose.
    Previous Trips
    1998 - Offsite
    1999 - Offsite
    2003 - Offsite
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Pop Century
    June 2009 - Pop Century
    Next trip ... September 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We have done both and have found that Mama Melrose's gets better with each visit (per chance a better chef?). The Sci-Fi Diner has been consistently inconsistent for us. It seems every other year it swings from good to bad to good again. This year we agonized whether to try Sci-Fi since our last experience was so bad -- service and food. Hence this year should be the good year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gallicdenis View Post
    Hence this year should be the good year.
    Good to know we are going to try it on this trip. ( was a toss up between sci fi and 50's prime time) Thanks.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked my lunch at Sci-Fi, but I probably wouldn't do it for dinner. If I did, it would be oop and not full meals. I've never been to Mama Melrose.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We love the atmosphere at the SciFi. If you haven't tried it, you should. As others have mentioned the food is average quality and overpriced but isn't pretty much all restaurants at WDW overpriced. The better the food quality the more overpriced it is. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Better food: Mama Melrose
    Cool atmosphere: SciFi
    Which means more to you? If you go to SciFi, just get a sandwich. Nothing fancy, and you'll be fine.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

Some here on Intercot dont care for the Sci-fi, but my meals have always been good, and I think the atmosphere is classic.

Post Thanks / Like

They're a tie for me. We alternate lunches at each on trips. Sci-Fi on "warm" trips, and Mama's on "cold" trips.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy Sci-Fi!!! So, that would be my choice. I know that it gets some bad reviews, but we have never had a bad experience. In fact, our food has always been really good! I get the burger, and my DH gets the bbq ribs. The atmosphere is really neat-definately worth checking out!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: