Quantcast Discount Pins vs how often you go comparison

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discount Pins vs how often you go comparison

So, I am one of those who have never received a discount pin for vacation. We have been going every year lately.

I priced a vacation for my FIL and MIL and they decided not to go. Then my FIL went last year for the last half of our trip (last minute). This year my MIL got a flyer for 40% off. She has never stayed on property.

So, it got me wondering if there is some correlation between the number of times you have stayed and getting a pin.

Have you received a pin?
    How often have you stayed on property?

My answers:
    No
    6 times (4 times in the past 4 years)
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

After staying at the Poly 3 years in a row during the same week every year, I got a couple of pin offers this year for the first time. I got one for kids play, stay and dine for free and one for 40% off room rate. At the Poly. that was a huge discount!
    I used the 40% off. Saved over $800.00! Between the room discount and cheap airfare, our trip is quite a bit cheaper this year.
    Unfortunately, since I am using the discount, I cannot use free dining, even though we're going at the time it's going on. You can only use one discount. We still come out way ahead!
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I forgot.
    I've also read that if you don't receive a pin, you can call WDW and ask if there is a pin attached to your name. Sometimes things get lost in the mail!
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

We've got probably 30 trips under our belts and have always stayed on property. We've only recieved 1 pin code.

Post Thanks / Like

In the past 9 years we've visited WDW at least once a year. Our reservations are always in my name and I had never recieved any pin codes. This year we are taking two trips. One of the trips my mom booked and its in her name. For the other trip we rented points from a DVC member. This year I have already received 3 pin codes in the mail. Not saying that I only received them because I didn't have any trips booked in my name, but it does make me stop and think.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I just received a pin code via email yesterday. I've been to WDW 11 times, 8 of which we stayed on property. Unfortunately, the pin code was only good for Oct. - Nov., and we're going in September.

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Since 2000 we have stayed on WDW property 1-2 times a year. We received several pin code postcards in 2002 and 2003, years when we visited DL and DLP instead of WDW. We do not have a trip booked right now (after 3 trips in 2008). In 2009 we have received 12+ e-mail messages and postcards with pin code offers.

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Not saying that I only received them because I didn't have any trips booked in my name, but it does make me stop and think.
    I feel the same way. I am certain that we never have received a pin code offer during any time period when we already had a WDW trip booked. But I imagine Disney uses a vast variety of criteria to pull customer lists for different marketing offers, tracking which types of lists and offers have the best returns, so who knows....
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: