Quantcast Tell me why you will only stay on site? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Our top five for satying on property are:
    1. Convenience (no parking fee, everything you need is on property)
    2. EMH I know some people don't like EMH because its over crowded but we have never had that problem
    3. Disney Dining Plan we like the fact that everything is paid for when we get there.
    4. Everything is on 1 card. You don't have to try to keep up this room keys, credit cards, park passes, ect.
    5. It's Disney what could be better. There is no place like it!!!!
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if it was mentioned but another great service for staying on-site is if you buy something at the Parks or DTD you can have you purchase sent to your Resort for free.

They do still do this right?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

They do still offer that. It's great!

lockedoutlogic Guest

there are many nice resorts in orlando.....

but staying in WDW....if your goal is to spend a large portion of your time in WDW.....is just simply better

there are too many reasons to list them all

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    there are many nice resorts in orlando.....

but staying in WDW....if your goal is to spend a large portion of your time in WDW.....is just simply better

there are too many reasons to list them all
    Agreed!

We go to the Orlando area to visit WDW, we do not have the need or want to spend time at Universal. (Although, we would like to do SeaWorld sometime, but that will probably be a day trip on a cruise.)

We take advantage of 1) not having to have a vehicle and deal with traffic, 2) EMH (specially mornings,) 3) atmosphere - total immersion in Disney. For us, this makes for a stress free vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Our first 3 trips we took we stayed offsite, but once we stayed onsite there was no turning back. LOL. I can't really put my finger on one reaon, its just different, it just makes our trips so much more special. When we stayed offsite I felt like our vacation was just about going to a theme park. But when we stay onsite it feels like a complete experience, not just a theme park vacation. If I had a choice of a trip to WDW staying offsite or waiting to go at a different time and stay onsite, I'd wait. I can't ever see us going to WDW and staying offsite again. I think you're going to love it.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Staying on-site

Why I like staying on-site:

1. The buses. At home I drive a lot of people a lot of places. On vacation it's so nice to leave that hassle to someone else. Also, I have a rotten sense of direction!
    2. You're close. If it's hot or crowded we like to hop on the bus and head back to our room. A break at the pool restores everyones mood. After all, you're only as fast or as happy as your group's slowest or crankiest person.
    3. Help. We've always found the staff to be very helpful whenever we had a Disney question.

Overall I'm sure that we could be happy at an off-site hotel as well.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed off site only twice and then we stayed onsite and have been doing so ever since. 16 trips so far and another in September. It is easier, no rental car, use of DISNEY Express, and the busses to and from the parks. You are amongst the Disney Magic the entire time.

You will enjoy your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the opportunity to have stayed both on and off site and I have to say it is worth the extra $$ to stay on site. You never leave the magic that is WDW when you are on site. You never have to visit reality which is one of my favorite aspects of WDW. It is one of the few places you can go where you can feel everything is right with the world....even when it isnt. When you stay on site, the Disney magic follows you from the parks to your resort. Not knocking all the fine resorts near WDW, but there is something unique about the WDW resorts...something that sets them apart. Even my very practical parents balk at the idea of staying somewhere off site. That is the power WDW has.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

To me, time is money... .thus we even splurge on a MK area resort as I have two small girls and we spend the majority of our time at MK.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say I would not go if I couldn't stay on site. But I definately prefer staying onsite. The ease of transportation and the never ending magical feeling are why.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It's wonderful. Why be anywhere else?
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

All of the reasons above. And DH came up with another, the hassle, of not haveing to worry about anything! It's all there, pacakge delivery back to yoru resort, the dining packages, towel animals, are so cute and fun! The customer service, not that is has always been perfect, and no matter which park we were at, overall we were treated wonderfully!! As crazy as vacation can be to cram everything in you walk into your resort and it's like you are home for the time you are staying there! We love the convience of getting picked up at the airport, either by ME or a car service, and getting wisked away, to a magical place where the outside world just kinda melts away! Once you stay onsite I don't think you can go back to offsite. Now I'm sure there are those who would disagree with me, and that's Ok too!!
    Enjoy your stay onsite and don't look back!!
    Cindy
    Hoping to plan another trip very soon!
    2011 BW for Hubby's conference!
    2009 Pop Christmas
    2008 BW
    2008 Disneyland Hotel
    2007 CB Christmas
    2007 DL Paris Disneyland Hotel
    2007 Mother's Day BC
    2006 Poly Concerige
    2005 DL GC
    2003 A S Sp

Post Thanks / Like

1) The Disney experience
    2) Convenience
    Off-Site: 1977, 1984, 1988, 1991, 1993, and 2000
    All-Star Sports - 2002

Coronado Springs Resort - July 12-19, 2008
    Pop Century Resort - May 14-21, 2009
    Caribbean Beach Resort - August 15-20, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

for me, it wasn't anything I got until I stayed offsite one time. I felt like I was on the outside looking in. It was nowhere near as good as it was staying on WDW property. So, here's what I've come up with.
    1. WDW hotels are held to a somewhat higher standard. You can certianly have good and bad at any resort, but I feel more like someone cares to make your stay better.
    2. It's not like staying in the parks, but it's close!
    3. I feel safer on property, not so much for me, but for family and leaving the rental car at night...
    4. Free parking at the parks!
    5. A lot of people kinda knock the food courts for being pricey, but I love having food close by, and I love having the little bars for a drink or two.
    6. Something else I just can't put into words. It's just plain better.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

They tell me my job is stressful, but after doing it for almost 30 years, I don't feel it, anymore (Gosh, I am a good liar). However, couple that with running my own business over the past 20 years which is taking up more of my time that even I can believe, I find my time to do all the nothing I want is very limited.

When I get to WDW, I don't want to do anything more than is abosutely necessary - like drive us to the park or rely on a once-in-a-while bus service.

I like to turn my mind off and just relax without worrying about the state of the world. When we are at our resort - OKW in 21 days - I don't want to see a newspaper or watch the news on TV. Staying on-site allows me to do all this and more - or is it less?

As it stands right now, I have been working almost ever day for the past month and a half and I am working almost every day until we leave. I will come home from nightshift, load the cars and away we go.

Here's hoping it's a quiet night. I can't wait to do nothing, except revel in the fact that all my hard work has helped give my family and sundry nieces and boyfriends a trip to remember.

It's no wonder when we get to Florida, I want to stay on site and be pampered for the entire trip.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

For us it is simple: Staying on site is like going to another world. I feel as great when I am on site as when I go on a Sandals vacation with my husband. We feel like we are far, far away just for that short week. It is truly amazing.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I really can't add any reasons to the list...everyone before me has done such a great job describing the magic of staying on site. I will add that we did stay off site...just once. We'll never make that mistake again. At the end of a long, tiring, wonderful Disney day, nothing beats hoping on the monorail, boat, or bus and knowing the magic isn't going to end (until the flight home).
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you've done both, you understand the difference. It clicks immediately. Everyone else has described it perfectly.

It's more than just the extras you get from staying on-site, like EMH and Disney transportation, it's just the feeling of being in this wonderful world of Disney. The real world completely fades away and you're in this magical, beautiful place where everything is happy and right all the time. It's surreal. I love that feeling!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Among everything you all have said, I REALLY can't wait to have my packages sent to our hotel!!!!! This really does SCREAM magic to me!!!!
    Offsite as a teen

2003 offsite at the now Nick hotel
    2009 May POR

Kaylee 14
    Delaney 11
    Emmi 3
    DH 38 and me 37

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: