Quantcast DVC Tour Questions: FastPass and Toddler Care?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question DVC Tour Questions: FastPass and Toddler Care?

I just read an old post that mentioned if you went on the DVC tour, you can get three immediate access FastPasses per family member that goes on the tour. Does the DVC still do this? Can you get Toy Story Mania FastPasses with the ones DVC gives out?

Secondly, what do you do with your kids during the sales pitch and tour? I'll have a squirmy active toddler (she'll be 27 months old when we're in WDW) with me on my next visit, and I can't imagine being able to pay attention to the sales rep if we have her with us. Or could I go alone on the pitch/tour or do they require both spouses to be present on the tour?

Finally, how long does the typical tour take?

Please feel free to refer me to existing threads if my questions have been discussed recently. at least for my first question, there was no recent discussion in the DVC forum.

P.S. If/when I buy into the DVC, I'm likely going to buy resale at the BCVs. I know I won't get a tour of the BCVs and I'm okay with that. My thinking is that it is a good idea to get the pitch from Disney before I move forward. But if there's a compelling reason why I shouldn't do the Disney pitch if I expect to buy from the Timeshare Store or something, please let me know.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

as of Sept 08, they were still offering the fastpasses. They can be used at any attraction that had Fastpasses.

At the DVC tour, they have a secure, supervised playroom for the children. My son was almost 4 at the time and had a blast in there. I don't remember if there were any requirements about being potty trained or not.

I don't see why you could not take the tour. I would probably keep the plans to buy resale to myself, but it may give you a better understanding of how DVC works. But, I don't think I would take the tour JUST to get the Fastpasses.
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

oh, and we were there for a few hours, but we bought, too. I don't know how long it is if you don't buy.
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We're DVC members, buying in at the BCVs. Right after they opened the villas at Saratoga Springs we went on the tour. We didn't have children with us, but I don't think we were there more than 1 hour since we didn't buy in. At that time, all they offered for taking the tour was a collectible trading pin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoriSan View Post
    But, I don't think I would take the tour JUST to get the Fastpasses.
    The FastPasses sweeten the deal enough to get me to go on the tour.

Given my family's typical schedule, TSM was virtually impossible to go on last year (I rode alone once last year on our last full day while my wife took DD back for naptime...I waited in a 70 minute standby line). The line was always too long to ask a toddler to sit through, and the FastPasses are during nap time by the time we get back to the machines.

So adding the passes into my existing interest in DVC crosses the threshold for making it valuable enough to spend my time at WDW on the tour. Plus giving my toddler some structured play time might be a bonus for all of us.

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by MidnTPK; 04-10-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

We got the fast passes when we toured in December 2008.....

southern Indiana - 16 hours away from paradise
    Post Thanks / Like

A word of caution.....Don't go to the tour expecting anything extra. When we went on our tour, the only thing we were given was free ice cream in their ice cream shop.

I had my three kids with us when we went on the tour so I have some experience with the child care. They have a small area set-up for the kids to stay and be entertained. It's a lot like the kids' club that are at some of the resort(Never Land Club for example) without the age requirement. My kids were 8, 6, and 2 when we went on the tour. They will give you a beeper/pager type thing if you have a child who isn't potty trained that way if your child needs to be changed then you can come back and take care of it. My kids had a really good time and always ask if we can go on another tour so that they can go to the "play room".
    °0° Lori °0°
    '13--Pop and BCV
    '12--Pop and OKW
    '11--POR and AKV/BLT
    '10--POR
    '09--Pop and BCV -- Our first trip "home"
    '08--Pop and Poly-1st P&PP
    '07--Pop Century - 1st MNSSHP
    '07--ASMu--First family trip
    Many, many trips as a child with my parents

Post Thanks / Like

We took the tour last month. I booked the tour over the phone prior to our trip thru the DVC. We were told we would get fastpasses. Well, after a few hours on the tour, we were in the car, ready to leave, and we were given no fastpasses. I remembered this, and my husband ran back in to ask. Our tour guide said that our tour wasn't coded to receive fastpasses, but since we were promised them, he gave them to us. 4 each for each family member, so 20 in all, 5 rides. It helped out sooo much during our trip. Apparently, they put in certain codes if you are promised something..we luckily got our "gift" even though the person didn't code it.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

If the time spent taking the tour wouldn't be worth it to you without the FPs, then you may want to rethink taking the tour.

There's no guarantee that you'll get anything at all for touring. Sometimes they do FPs, sometimes it's a small gift card, sometimes it's just a serving of ice cream. Many, many people have reported just getting ice cream, it really depends on what they're doing that day.

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get FP's or anything else when we did the tour in February.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Child care does not take anyone who is under 3 and children who are not potty trained.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ldc12377 View Post
    My kids were 8, 6, and 2 when we went on the tour. They will give you a beeper/pager type thing if you have a child who isn't potty trained that way if your child needs to be changed then you can come back and take care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Child care does not take anyone who is under 3 and children who are not potty trained.
    Conflicting info alarm!!!

LDC when was your visit?

DVC2004: when did you get your information?
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Apparently, they put in certain codes if you are promised something..we luckily got our "gift" even though the person didn't code it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse View Post
    We didn't get FP's or anything else when we did the tour in February.
    Having been through several time-share sales presentations, I no longer have any shame about negotiating what I will receive for participating. Thank you both for sharing your experiences, and I'll be sure to make the deal clear before participating.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: