Quantcast McDonald's Gone!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question McDonald's Gone!

Not a big issue but food for thought (pun intended)...

A friend/co-worker just came back and during his week stay, all MacDonald's fries locations diappeared. He asked someone at a restaurant about this and they said they "lost the contract". Also, the McDonald's near the All Stars Resorts closed down.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Is this also part of the downsizing?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I received an email from a friend who is down there right now who said the McDonalds by the All Star is being torn down and that the fry kiosks in every park are now closed.

It was a decent snack for a decent price for my DF to share when we just wanted something to tie us over until a meal.

Oh well.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

My 4 year old will be very dissapointed. He liked calling it the "silly McDonalds."
    All-Star Sports (Sep 08)
    Caribbean Beach - Pirate Rooms (Sep 09)
    All-Star Sports (Sep 10)
    Port Orleans Riverside (Dec 11)
    Port Orleans Riverside (Feb 13)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse View Post
    I received an email from a friend who is down there right now who said the McDonalds by the All Star is being torn down and that the fry kiosks in every park are now closed.
    Oh no!!! I'm so disappointed! We've gone to that one many times even though we weren't staying at the All-Stars. DH is not gonna be happy either...

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. the actual McDonalds near the All-start sortof surprises me, however the writing has been on the wall for a while on the in park locations.

First, Disney/McDonalds movie promotions stopped a while back (when the movies started bombing)... Miraculously Disney decided to start serving healthy foods, which McDonald's really isn't synonymous with. I think that was Disney's way of saying, "Oh yeah!". ME was probably the death knell to the on property out of the way location near AS.

I would be very surprised to see the one at DTD go however...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh- I did like the one out by All-stars. I only ever used it when we rented a car though and ME has allowed us to not have to do that for the last 4 or 5 years now so I can see how it might have affected traffic too.

In the parks I always preferred non-everyday food anyway, but then, I didn't have a toddler or child to keep happy either so it was easier for us.

Bummer - It was a neat McDonald's - DH will miss it too.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if the one at downtown disney is staying? i sure hope so. the fries were always a great snack especially at mk over by dumbo.

POFQ - November 2014
    POFQ - April 2013
    POFQ - February 2012
    CSR - January/February 2011
    CSR - April/May 2010
    CSR - November 2009
    CSR - April/May 2009
    POP - December 2008
    Contemporary - October 2007 *Honeymoon*
    POP - February 2006
    Poly - 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992

Post Thanks / Like

Is the McDonalds @ All-Stars the same Mickey-D advertized out on a Route 4 Billboard near Celebration as the world's largest McDonalds?

I always wanted to stop there to check the biggest Mickey-Ds out. I guess I'll have to do that at the second largest Mickey-Ds if this is the one they shut down, hehehe!
    Journey into your...Legoź Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    Is the McDonalds @ All-Stars the same Mickey-D advertized out on a Route 4 Billboard near Celebration as the world's largest McDonalds?

I always wanted to stop there to check the biggest Mickey-Ds out. I guess I'll have to do that at the second largest Mickey-Ds if this is the one they shut down, hehehe!
    No, it's not the largest. The World's Largest McDonalds is at Sand Lake Rd. and International Drive at I4. (Not on Disney property, but very close.)

Post Thanks / Like

So I guess that means Restaurantosaurus is serving something different now? I have to say that I thought their "Happy Meals" with the punch out postcards were very cool. I was hoping to get another this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ryca1dreams
    A friend/co-worker just came back and during his week stay, all MacDonald's fries locations diappeared.
    Yes, the kiosks serving McDonald's branded products are being renovated and re-named.

This started with Pertrifries at the Animal Kingdom (re-opened as a Turkey Leg Kiosk named TriloBites) and then Frontierland Fries at the Magic Kingdom (re-opened as the Golden Oak Outpost).

The details of the remaining changes are covered in Tidbits March 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by ryca1dreams
    Also, the McDonald's near the All Stars Resorts closed down.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse
    I received an email from a friend who is down there right now who said the McDonalds by the All Star is being torn down
    Unless something recently (and drastically) changed, the location has not closed and is only under-going significant exterior renovations. Concept art of the new exterior was displayed near the location at the start of the construction earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs
    So I guess that means Restaurantosaurus is serving something different now?
    Restaurantosaurus ceased serving McDonald's branded menu items in May 2008.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baby minnie's mommy View Post
    No, it's not the largest. The World's Largest McDonalds is at Sand Lake Rd. and International Drive at I4. (Not on Disney property, but very close.)
    Great! Then I still have a chance to stop in to see the World's LArgest McDonalds. Thanks for the clarification.
    Journey into your...Legoź Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely eat McDonalds but I did like to have some fries in the AK. Oh well.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baby minnie's mommy View Post
    Really, that's the largest? I go by that all the time it seems llike nothing special when we go by. All I notice is the giant flashing billboard for $49 rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info Figment! Does anyone know if you can still get the cool Happy Meal style dino-themed boxes at Restaurantosaurus?

lockedoutlogic Guest

I too would be completely shocked if either the McD's near Blizzard/All Stars or the Marketplace location were to close....

Unless McDonald's wanted to close them....it doesn't hurt Disney at all to let them operate. Downtown always has alot of foot traffic...so any third party locations are probably viewed as a good thing by management....and the one near the 6000 rooms at all stars provides a convenient extra food option to the limited arrangement that is featured at Values....

I don't think Disney has any reason to "force them out"

Post Thanks / Like

The exterior of the McDonalds near the All-Stars is being refurbed, not closed. They're still open during the refurb.

The McDonalds at the Marketplace is also still open.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    The exterior of the McDonalds near the All-Stars is being refurbed, not closed. They're still open during the refurb.
    While I hate to reveal how low on the culinary ladder my tastebuds tend to take me...I too will join the chorus of folks who are glad that the all-star version of McDonalds is not closing...not so much for the fries (that's Mrs. Mousemates vice), but for those baseline 99cent cheeseburgers...when served piping hot they are wonderful.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    While I hate to reveal how low on the culinary ladder my tastebuds tend to take me...
    Well, I absolutely love to go out with DW to Citrico's, or California Grill for a great meal, but there's also something irresistible about fresh hot McDonalds fries and a fresh hot Big Mac...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

For us it's a good thing. McDonald's french fries (unless something has changed) are not safe for kids with dairy allergies. The McDonald's concession seriously cut back on my ability to get my kids french fries, which Disney does make.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: