Quantcast Does it drive you crazy when you hear someone call an attraction by the wrong name? - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

...Actually, I would have been more horrified if my children laughed at another person in that fashion. I can handle the usual park mix-ups, but I could not stand such disrespect. Just my opinion. I agree that this would have been a good opportunity to explain the differences between Universal and Disney, and see if I could be of real help to this guy.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinklover View Post
    LOL this actually happened to Us in June of 07.
    a family was next to us as we were leaving the playhouse disney show. The father turns and asks me excuse me, do you know how i can get to the shrek ride or to the Dr. Suess area? I, being a Disney Geek, said oh sir I am sorry you should have checked all that before you got here. It is all closed for refurbs. Meanwhile my 2 DDs and my DBF are laughing hysterically. the man gets really angry and says that's it we are leaving and going to universal. I can;t believe Disney would have all that closed with this many people here. I then turned to him as I could not take it anymore and said "Sir, you will find those places you were looking for at Universal. This is Disney and it is all Disney related. Have a great day." we just walked away and continued laughing.
    Its funny in December of 07 I had an elderly couple stop me on the path towards tommorowland by the noodle land terrace. They asked me if there was anything to do "here" turned out the meant all of MK as they hadn't done any research. They had grabbed a map so I took a couple of minurltes talked about the lands, where shows were etc. (Maybe five) I've always hoped they enjoyed their day because I took that time. That to me seems like a great way to share the feeling we all get walking in our favorite place.
    I don't think everyone will do the research we might here. That ok I know when I was little my parents didn't research it we just went.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

No, it doesn't. Sure, I might cringe a little inside when I hear -- or read -- something really egregious, but it does not actually bother me.

I understand that not everyone views WDW as a hobby or as a topic that requires expert knowledge and precision accuracy. And in my opinion,that's okay! While it certainly is beneficial (and actually, pretty necessary) for guests to have an overall accurate understanding of how WDW works, not knowing the exact names of attractions and the like doesn't really hamper their ability to have a fun vacation.

I know that there are other topics out there about which I am not fully knowledgeable or that I may find confusing. I can only hope that others who do know more than me would be gracious and understanding --- and maybe even helpful -- in those situations.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree whole heartedly with offwego. I do not expect anyone in the parks to be an expert and I'm more than willing to help anyone in anyway I can around the parks (especially DL)

However, I don't go to LA expecting to see the Golden Gate Bridge. And I don't go to Las Vegas expecting to go to the Smithsonian.

And I certainly don't spend whatever a Disney daily ticket for every member of my family costs while thinking I am really going somewhere else and will see certain other rides.

It begs the question, how did this person even know about these attractions and not know where they were? Did someone mention them but failed to tell him which park they were at? Did he just not pay attention?

I'm sorry. I have little "patience" for someone like that.

But as I mentioned, I'm not as clever as Tinklover and would probably have just set him straight. But me and the kids would probably have cracked up later, out of sight.

Some people are just clueless.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

It does bug me too, although, I have to admit, I still refer to TTA as the "people mover" too...sorry...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I know it's not an "attraction" per se, but don't you just love going to that Irish pub/restaurant in the Polynesian Resort, you know, O'hana's.

I guess 'Ohana is just too easy to misspell and mispronounce.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: