Quantcast arriving without ADRs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default arriving without ADRs

DH and I will be going to WDW April 17 for a week. What are our chances of getting into restaurants without ADRs. We don't plan on eating at any of the high end places, but some of the moderate sit downs. Honestly, I am glad to be going without an itinerary. We have been several times with our 5 children and I have always had each day planned. DH and I are just going to get up each morning and decide where we want to go that day. I think it will be fun for a change.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

If there is just two of you ~ you should do alright. DH and I don't make reserves until the morning we enter the park or not at all. We tend to eat on the earlier side (4:30 or 5 pm) and have been able to get into everything we have tried. Last time we were at Boma, we noticed that there were several twosome tables that remained empty for the time we were there (well over an hour from 6 to 7pm with our group).
    But I guess, like anything, you need to be prepared to maybe wait or be okay with being turned away if it can't be accomodated.
    We have enjoyed the freedom of picking a park in the morning and then deciding where to eat! It's great!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by homeschool mom View Post
    Honestly, I am glad to be going without an itinerary. We have been several times with our 5 children and I have always had each day planned. DH and I are just going to get up each morning and decide where we want to go that day. I think it will be fun for a change.
    Until Disney started the dining plan that's what we always did. I don't like deciding 180 before I go where I want to eat but that's the way it is with the dining plan. I much prefer deciding each day where we'll go and where we want to eat.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I say that during a slow time you would be fine but that is vacation week for lots of Northeast states so it could be crowded. If you don't have the dining plan and are willing to eat cs if you have to then you should be fine. You might find it more relaxing and carefree.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I did that last year, just a quick trip with nothing planned ahead. We ate at off times and really didn't have any problems. Even got in to some of our favorites in Epcot.
    Jambo everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Eeyore View Post
    DH and I did that last year, just a quick trip with nothing planned ahead. We ate at off times and really didn't have any problems. Even got in to some of our favorites in Epcot.
    Agree - we had a similar experience. If there are just 2 of you and if you are willing to eat a little early or a little later some days, you can find some good spots to eat.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest if there's a restaurant you really want to dine in make that reservation.

As someone else said the NE is on spring break and it was pretty crowded last year.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default meals

you will have a longer wait or not be able to go,
    it depends on the time you eat if around meal time no way. if the rest is very poplar no way. cal and see if you can make some now.

Post Thanks / Like

It will all depend on where you want to eat, what time of the day it is, how crowded the parks are, and the generally popularity of the restaurants. We walked up to Tusker House (great meal BTW) on Thursday last week at 12:15p and were seated within minutes but Crystal Palace was so busy at 2:30p on Saturday that they were turning people away and we waited 15 min beyond our seating time.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Did I understand from your post that it will be you, your DH and five children? That is a rather large party. Rather than waiting until dinner time, I'd suggest that you go to Guest Services when you arrive at the park and ask what restaurants have openings. As a party of three, my dinner companions did that in December at a rather busy EPCOT, and were able to procure ADRs for later that evening. Even if it is just the two of you, it will prevent you from going from restaurant to restaurant.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default party of 2

We are only a party of 2 this trip. We are leaving the 5 kids home. I wouldn't even try to get into a restaurant when we all go if we didn't have ADRs!
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

trip this year,5/7..reservations made...0. always have a great time, just be flexible.
    3/82 3/85 3/88 3/91-offsite
    4/92 Poly
    5/01 Coronado
    5/02 Yacht
    5/04 Yacht
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 PO FQ
    5/06 Yacht
    5/07 WL
    5/08 AS Music 10/08 Dolphin
    5/09 Contemp 10/09 Boardwalk Villa
    5/10 Contemp-Atrium 10/10 Beach
    5/11 Contemp 10/11 Yacht
    5/12 Yacht cl 10/12 Dolphin
    4/13 Yacht cl

Post Thanks / Like

For just the 2 of you, I should think you wouldn't have much trouble w/walk-ins, at most places. If you're turned away, there's always...someplace else. There's only 3 of us, and usually we'll only make 2 or 3 ADRs ahead of time if we want a character meal or a dinner show. The rest of the time, we'll decide after we arrive, and have never had much trouble getting into where we want.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Talking ADR's

We like to play it safe and make ressies everywhere. Then, if we cannot make it to that restaurant for one reason or another, we cancel and just do the food court. We have never gone hungry at Disney World.
    Have you?
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that if there is a place you really want to eat at...make an ADR, that way you know you will be covered for that particular restaurant.

We go as a large group during the summer (7 adults 5 children) On occasion, my brother and his wife will decide to branch off on their own. They have always been able to eat where they wanted to that day. They call in the morning and take the time that is available - 4:30 or 9:30 - it doesn't really mater when children's appetites aren't a consideration.

Have a great trip!
    Have a Magical Day!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: