Quantcast Remy from Ratatouille at Chefs de France

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Remy from Ratatouille at Chefs de France

I saw a video posted on YouTube that a little animatronic of Remy is now making special appearances at guest tables at Chefs de France Monday through Friday during lunch and occassionally at dinner. It looked really cool!! Has anyone seen it yet and any word on how long it will be staying?
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How cute is he? He wasn't there in December. Now I'll just have to go back!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Now I want to eat there! I love Remy. Maybe we could just get in for dessert or something?

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a smart move, but I am surprised if they just have remy going around. The fewest characters I have seen is 3 at Cape May, one would be hard to manage and would take a while to get around. Hopefully they will bring in Emile too.

I hope they do this we need a new character meal without the Mickey and the Gang or the Princesses. Don't get me wrong I love them all but we need some variety.

I still think they need a "Heros" meal for the boys. You could have Peter Pan, Aladdin, Woody, and Buzz, or Mr Incredible and Frozone, even bring in Hercules and Robin Hood. They all already appear in the parks. Oh well I'll keep hoping.
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Remy (as he appears at Chefs de France) isn't a traditional character meet and greet- he's actually wheeled around the dining room on a silver tray, accompanied by some cheese and grapes.

Remy is true to life-size, so he's very small and an example of the Living Character initiative- new ways that guests can interact with characters (advanced animatronics, or through experiences like Turtle Talk with Crush)

Remy previously appeared last year at Rendez-Vous des Stars restaurant at the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris where he visited diners at their tables.

He should be around for a while- at least until September I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Remy (as he appears at Chefs de France) isn't a traditional character meet and greet- he's actually wheeled around the dining room on a silver tray, accompanied by some cheese and grapes.
    Ahhhh. Cool. That does sound like a good idea. Does anyone know how he interacts with the customers? Does he talk?
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post
    Ahhhh. Cool. That does sound like a good idea. Does anyone know how he interacts with the customers? Does he talk?
    Remy can "talk"- though as humans we can't exactly understand him (he more or less squeaks)- but he's quite adept at performing a Gallic shrug as he's probably saying "je n'en sais rien" and will pantomime his responses like a tiny Marcel Marceau.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool...these are the little things that traditionally made WDW such a great place to vacation...I hope that this isn't just an isolated addition, but that they will be willing to fund similar "imagineering touches" throughout the other restaurants in the parks.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Does he make a appearance at a specific time? Or multiple appearances throughout lunch hours?

Post Thanks / Like

That would be so cute! Love him!!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We saw this when we were at Disneyland Paris...didn't know they were doing this here.

Now I may have to insist upon a Chefs de France lunch!

I leave in 2 days!!!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of trying to book a table mid-afternoon for desserts. Does anyone know if Remy makes appearances all day, or just at traditional meal times?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post

Remy is true to life-size, so he's very small and an example of the Living Character initiative- new ways that guests can interact with characters (advanced animatronics, or through experiences like Turtle Talk with Crush)

Remy previously appeared last year at Rendez-Vous des Stars restaurant at the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris where he visited diners at their tables.

He should be around for a while- at least until September I believe.

This is too cute, too bad he wasn't there when we were there in Jan. Hopefully next time.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Natazu Guest

I think I saw Remy at Cracker Barrel once, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    I think I saw Remy at Cracker Barrel once, too.
    Too Funny!!! Love the humor!
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just called to change some dining reservations and asked about this. I wanted to see if you could see Remy any time of the day or if it was just during mealtimes. Unfortunately, Disney Dining had no idea what I was talking about. She even checked with customer service and they had no idea either. She gave me a number to call Epcot dining directly, but it was to order cakes, and you could only leave a message. I left a message, also called the special dietary needs number and left a message there as well in the hopes that someone can either let me know or direct me to someone who does. Wouldn't you think they'd know about it?

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking with a friend about this and this is what they found on it.

As of March 9, guests who dine at Les Chefs de France restaurant are being treated to a unique kind of entertainment, allowing them to meet the culinary rat Remy, from the movie Ratatouille. Remy is an Audio-Animatronics puppet who, along with the restaurant maitre d' (a comedic actor), engages guests by performing a series of humorous, theatrical vignettes, using a moving food cart with a silver-domed cheese platter as their stage. Remy can make a variety of noises and comes across as a living, breathing little character with a point of view all his own. The Remy Cart was conceived by WDI Research & Development with support from WDI Creative Entertainment.
    Remy can be seen 12:30 - 6 p.m. at Les Chefs de France through September 5, 2009. (Remy can also be seen at Disneyland Paris where he's been entertaining guests since last summer.)

I am going to miss this since we arrive Sept 25
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info! I'm definitely going to book a table for an afternoon dessert or something so that we can see Remy. The girls will love it!

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

My kids would love to see Remy, to bad they other adults aren't big French foodies. Maybe we'll sneak a peak next month.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by javamama View Post
    My kids would love to see Remy, to bad they other adults aren't big French foodies.
    That's ok, the people who cook the food at Chefs de France aren't either.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: