Quantcast What is the Deal w/Le Cellier? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

This year was our second time eatling here and it won't be on our list the next time we go to WDW. The food is no better then Outback or the Texas Road House but at Disney prices! But I have to say the cheese soap and the desserts make up for the short comings of the main coarse! Teppan Edo would be a better choice!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for the replies from everyone. Not to brag, but I fix a mean steak at home and it is very hard to find a place to beat it and especially for me to spend as much money as Disney charges.
    May, '08: 2nd child's first trip / Poly club level
    May, '09: Celebrating life @ CR club level
    May, '10: First time w/o diapers since '05 / Poly club level
    March, '11: First Trip Home to BLT!!!
    Dec, '11: First Christmas visit / BLT
    Oct, '12: First Oct. visit / BLT

lockedoutlogic Guest

Le Cellier is good but completely overpriced....

This is just one of those Disney "things" that everyone gets fixated on and talks up into oblivion....

Chef Mickey's, the Polynesian, Caribbean Beach....

there are alot of things that people get obsessed with in WDW where the love far outweighs the substance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antnyh View Post
    Hey LoriSan...where are you staying? We'll be there May 17th through the 24th and we will be at the CR.
    I'll be at POP May 21-26. If you see a little boy laughing hysterically while running away from his exhausted Mommy, that's me
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We have always had trouble getting into LeCellier. We have tried it a few times and it has been hit or miss. A couple of times we had GREAT meals and the others.....just OK. I'm not sure we will try again for sometime. There are other places that seem to be right on every time.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    We have often wondered why it is so popular. We have been a few times (by being flexible), but it's really just a steak house. Our family actually prefers the Coral Reef and Teppan Edo over Le Cellier.
    Your post is exactly what I was going to post. We tried Le Cellier twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times I left wondering what all the hoopla is for. We didn't like the cheese soup at all, and I love any kind of soup. This stuff tasted horrible. The only thing I thought was fantastic were the bread sticks. Other than that we make steaks at home that taste much better. In my opinion its average at best. We much predered Coral Reef and Teppan Edo, with Teppan Edo being our favoirte.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We have lunch ressies for May 18th. There were no dinner time reservation available for the week that we are at WDW....

Post Thanks / Like

That is the week we are there. I know it is a ways off, but be sure to let us know how lunch was there.

Quote Originally Posted by FenwayGirl View Post
    We have lunch ressies for May 18th. There were no dinner time reservation available for the week that we are at WDW....

Post Thanks / Like

We've eaten there once, several years ago. It really wasn't that hard to get our ADR as I remember. It was in February.

The meal we had steaks was good to very good, but it was not "to die for" - super "fantabulous" - "Oh my Gosh!" - "we've got to eat again" great. I felt that way about California Grill, but not Le Cellier.
    The atmosphere, you are literally in a "cellar", was kind of interesting for a change, but not nearly as cool as Coral Reef or even San Angel Inn (which does not have as good food.)

Having been there once was enough for me. I don't know why it is so "crazy" popular. You can get as good or better steaks at a lot of good steak houses. I think that it's reputation outstrips its actual quality, not that its bad,, like I said, it's good or even very good. But it is not the best restaurant at WDW, not even close. But you would think it was from the way people go crazy trying to get an ADR there.

I would go there again if it was easy enough to get a table, but it is not worth waiting on hold for hours or making umpteen calls to try get an ADR there.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

My family also thinks Le Cellier is very overrated. I suspect that part of the popularity is that, especially for families with picky eaters, it is the only "normal/regular American food" sit-down restaurant. (I use quotes not because steaks are "normal" food to me--I'm a vegetarian--but it is for a lot of families.) I mean, is it easier to have a meal with a kid who is used to things like cheese soup and steak, or one who is crying because they don't know what couscous is and they don't want to try it? I know that there are a lot of folks who love Le Cellier, and that it is genuinely popular amongst them, but don't ignore the fact that it is the "normal" option in Epcot compared to most of the other sit-downs.

Post Thanks / Like

We "like" LeCellier and will probably try for an ADR in Sept. but if nothing is available, we won't be heartbroken. When we first started going there (about 10 yrs. ago), it was a must for us every trip but with its increase in popularity, we have found that both the food and service is hit or miss.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought it was way overrated. I really don't understand the appeal. We had so many nicer meals at WDW.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We were told that the hardest to get into restaurants arent actually booked but that the concierge lounges have openings that they hold for club level guests and that this is why the harder to get into restaurants are nearly impossible. You almost have to get club level to recieve this and even then, it has to be at the resort that holds this restaurant's openings or there has to be a resort willing to switch an open reservation for the one you are wanting. politics.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I called Saturday (90 days out!) and got Le Cellier dinner reservations with no problem and at the time I wanted! It's true about Le Cellier that if you don't call 90 days out, it's tough to get dinner reservations there. We walked up for lunch on Thanksgiving day one year and got a table immediately, but that was only for two.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, this isn't true. We always stay club level and we can't get reservations if they aren't available. I think the difference is the fact that the concierge can keep checking while we are "playing" and then let us know if there is a cancellation. At least that is what has happened for us in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    We were told that the hardest to get into restaurants arent actually booked but that the concierge lounges have openings that they hold for club level guests and that this is why the harder to get into restaurants are nearly impossible....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antnyh View Post
    IMO, this isn't true. We always stay club level and we can't get reservations if they aren't available. I think the difference is the fact that the concierge can keep checking while we are "playing" and then let us know if there is a cancellation. At least that is what has happened for us in the past.
    well, we were actually told this by the concierge on the club level.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Keep trying we went that same week last year and I didn't get dinner. So I called every day on my way home from work. It seems a little nuts but we ate there before and really enjoyed it. Finally after about 3 weeks of calling we got an 8pm reservation. Yeah I had to call about 20 times but I got it.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    We have often wondered why it is so popular. We have been a few times (by being flexible), but it's really just a steak house. Our family actually prefers the Coral Reef and Teppan Edo over Le Cellier.
    Their Cheese Soup and Pretzel bread make them a very popular place. I took a lunch reservation just to get in and the food was really good, really, really good and I am a picky foodie. I have had maybe 20 steaks that great in my life, BUT, the dinner menus is better and the steak was really small at lunch. The bread and soup make it such a hit, and that steak. Keep trying, call two times a day, ask again at checkin, and if you really want it, try just walking in and waiting. The concierge at our resort said most restaurants have about 15% no shows, so walk ins CAN get seated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
    We "like" LeCellier and will probably try for an ADR in Sept. but if nothing is available, we won't be heartbroken. When we first started going there (about 10 yrs. ago), it was a must for us every trip but with its increase in popularity, we have found that both the food and service is hit or miss.
    The service quotient is true. Since it was just my daughter and I, and I refused toi offer of wine, our server was a bit snippy and very short with us. We got our order in quick, and she had bread and salad on the table in minutes, she did ask us to hurry, (I did NOT) and she mentioned they had a large group we were preventing the seating of. We relaxed and enjoyed to food, I made a complaint to WDW about the service. But, that steak was worth it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: