Quantcast Cowboys Release T.O. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This, along with the Manny contract, just goes to prove that as long as you have talent someone will pay you big bucks and take a risk on you.

I 100% guarantee you that Mike Vick gets a job shortly after getting out of the clink.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Get your Buffalo Wings ready!

Seriously, I saw the news this morning and started laughing...someone else is taking a chance on this guy???

Bills fans, here's how it's going to go: You'll love him at first, he'll be funny on TV and catch a bunch of touchdowns...then, one game he'll only catch two or three balls and he'll start privately complaining about it...a few games later he'll actually have a big game, but tell the media he was open in the other games as well...he'll gain some support in the locker room from some of the younger offensive players (receivers) who think he's right...then, the young offensive players will turn on him and he'll try to get some support from the defense...then he'll do something crazy on TV, say some really damaging things about the QB and other offensive players, then the season will be over and he'll be looking for a new team again.
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, looking at what the Bills did, it really isn't as dumb of a move as I originally thought. See, as history has come to prove, T.O. usually behaves himself the first year he is with a team. Plays nicely with others and doesn't complain in the press. The Bills signed him to a 1 year deal. They'll get production out of him, people in the seats, merchandise sold and when T.O. comes at the end of the year looking for a big money multi-year deal, the Bills can cut ties with him.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Really guys, it's Buffalo. What do they got to lose !!

16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Actually, looking at what the Bills did, it really isn't as dumb of a move as I originally thought. See, as history has come to prove, T.O. usually behaves himself the first year he is with a team. Plays nicely with others and doesn't complain in the press. The Bills signed him to a 1 year deal. They'll get production out of him, people in the seats, merchandise sold and when T.O. comes at the end of the year looking for a big money multi-year deal, the Bills can cut ties with him.
    The difference is, he was on a good team at the start with the Eagles and Dallas. Buffalo's had three straight 7-9 seasons and they have a young, third year quarterback. It will be interesting, to say the least!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

6 mil.

Now thats a lot for your average joe, or even gueli, but in the scale of things, its not an impossible salary, or by nfl standards even that high.

and yes ian- I agree.
    Vick will get a chance to play- provided the commish lets him.

Back to T.O. or as one of my favorite people called him- the player.
    Of course someone hired him. Any team with a need will give it a try. I hope Buffalo gets their money's worth out of him.
    I do not hate TO. I like that he drops soo many balls. It makes things interesting.
    Eventualy a bills fan will be just like so many others (when it comes to the players playmaking ability).

PS- at least the jets did not want him...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I see a huge difference between T.O. going to two teams (the Eagles and the Cowboys) that were winning franchises when he joined them and now him going to the Bills, though.

I mean the Bills pretty much stink and they have stunk for years. Plus, they've got some QB issues up there, which is what seems to drive him nuts.

If the Bills start out 2-4 and T.O.'s not getting his catches, he could be going off the deep end by mid-season.

The guy's a franchise killer.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

T.O. is usually on his best behavior in the first year of the contract so the Bills were wise on a one year deal.

After watching the Titans dreadful recieving core I would have liked to see him here for one year. We are so close, he really could have helped.

I know its a gamble but I am willing to take the chance. I know that sounds crazy but I was sick to my stomach watching the Steelers (whom I have nothing against) win the Super Bowl. We blew it again!
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    I know its a gamble but I am willing to take the chance. I know that sounds crazy but I was sick to my stomach watching the Steelers (whom I have nothing against) win the Super Bowl. We blew it again!

Wait a minute. You think YOUR team was close...
    40 years...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Eagles fans and Cowboys fans said the same thing and you see how that worked out.

I don't understand how many franchises this guy will have to kill before people stop being willing to give him another chance!

Not to mention the fact that he's very old and he drops way too many balls.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Eagles fans and Cowboys fans said the same thing and you see how that worked out.

I don't understand how many franchises this guy will have to kill before people stop being willing to give him another chance!

Stop giving him another chance ? Come on Ian- If a football owner thought someone like OJ simpson could play - somewhere there would be someone who would hire him. (michael vick will be back in the NFL if he has the talent- oh no I hope the Jets do not decide to give Vick a chance...

One thing, Though the Eagles & 'boys collasped, TO while a factor could not have been the only one. The game is a team game, TO didn't throw the ball to himself (than drop it). Only a realy strong 'powerhouse' of a coach or GM (thinking Parcells) can keep someone as strong (personality wise) as TO in Check. In the end TO hasn't killed any franchises- he may have sent some fans to the ER - but none of the franchises immediatly collapsed with or without him.
    As a point, even you have said Andy Reid is a major reason why the eagles have had troubles. The eagles - to validate the point that TO is not a franchise killer- did not get to Win the show this year (when TO was not a distraction) or the year(s) that he was with the team. While as fans, you might consider him toxic to team chemistry, and you might be justified- TO is not the one reason the eagles or boys did not win a superbowl. It takes a team to win or loose it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post

Wait a minute. You think YOUR team was close...
    40 years...
    Yes we were close in fact we beat the Steelers just three weeks earlier. Granted the Jets had a good run including a beating they gave us, but that was mid-season. The Titans were one yeard away in 99. And this year we were 13-3! Only the stinking Ravens have stopped us from two super bowl wins.
    I truly feel your pain, I do hope the Jets win a title sometime. As a Brewers/ Vanderbilt fan I have had little to cheer for. 40 years, huh? Try being a Vandy fan 100+ years of misery and two bowl wins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I would argue that T.O. had little to do with his teams fuetility. And he was NOT a distraction in his first year at either place, which was my point. Look I am not a big fan of his antics either, but he is no Manny or Pac-Man. He only feeds the media's desire to cover him. He may drop passes but he catches deep touch down balls, look at his stats. He does something the Titans have never had. A playmaker who stretches the field.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree. if the Bills start out rough it could be all over. He has a way to bring the team down around him. James Hardy just had to give up his jersey #81. I don't think he was compensated. Hope that wasn't the case.
    I'm rooting for this to be a disaster.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey we all know one thing it will certainly be entertaining
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I would argue that T.O. had little to do with his teams fuetility. And he was NOT a distraction in his first year at either place, which was my point. Look I am not a big fan of his antics either, but he is no Manny or Pac-Man. He only feeds the media's desire to cover him. He may drop passes but he catches deep touch down balls, look at his stats. He does something the Titans have never had. A playmaker who stretches the field.
    He may not be Pac-Man, because he has mostly avoided off-the-field issues, but he's definitely Manny. He's a me-first guy who's a clubhouse cancer. That's the definition of a Manny.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing new to add and have only one thing to say....

Thank God he's not a Packer!!!!!
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: