Quantcast Saratoga Springs Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saratoga Springs Resort

We are booked to stay in the SSR resort June 3-10. Any thoughts on this resort? Where do we want to request a room? This is our first time in a deluxe. We decided to go for a Villa instead of the Poly so we can put the kids in another room. We also like to eat breakfast in the room so I thought this was a good choice for us. Our boys are 5 and 2 and we will have a car.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed there many times with DVC. We like it because it is very peaceful and not alot of noise versus staying at other resorts. Its a little sprend out but that doesn't bother us because it's a very nice walk to the pools since the landscape is very pretty. I like one of the rooms that is overlooking the huge pond with a fountain in the middle of the resort. The rooms are very nice since the resort isn't very old. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I spent our October 2007 honeymoon in a Congress Park 1BR with a great view across the water of Downtown Disney.
    We had a great stay. It was nice and quiet and seeing DTD all lit up at night, especially the Cirque du Soleil tent was very cool.
    Ask for a water view in the building with rooms 2501-2836.
    Hope this helps. Have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I spent our October 2007 honeymoon in a Congress Park 1BR with a great view across the water of Downtown Disney.
    We had a great stay. It was nice and quiet and seeing DTD all lit up at night, especially the Cirque du Soleil tent, was very cool.
    Ask for a water view in the building with rooms 2501-2836.
    Hope this helps. Have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, sorry about that. I posted twice by mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my favorites because it's so clean!!! It's peaceful and quiet and the colors are very pretty. Be sure to check out the spa and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    Any thoughts on this resort?
    If you had asked me a month ago, I would have based my opinion on one stay while the resort had still been under construction - and it would have been very negative. But I just got back Saturday, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I own some points at this resort, and am glad that, contrary to some posts, my investment was well spent.
    Where do we want to request a room?
    Nice areas:
    1. Congress Park - you can be a bit of a distance from the "main pool/lobby area," but you might also have a great water view or view of DTD. It's a nice, relaxing area. Second to last bus stop (5 stops in the resort), so you won't be guaranteed a seat.

2. The Springs - closest to the main area of the resort, but alas, the worst views of all rooms. Last bus stop.

3. Grandstand - You could be pretty close to the main area (or a decent walk depending on your building) with a small themed pool. About 50% of the rooms overlook the golf course - so views are better here than at most of the resort.

4. The Carousel and the Paddock are the other areas - I can't really speak for these.
    This is our first time in a deluxe. We decided to go for a Villa instead of the Poly so we can put the kids in another room. We also like to eat breakfast in the room so I thought this was a good choice for us. Our boys are 5 and 2 and we will have a car.
    First off - DVC resorts are way different than other resorts, so do not expect Poly-type amenities...

But you will love the villa. Kitchen, hot-tub, laundry - all in your room!

SSR is pretty close to a supermarket (really close, actually), so the car will be nice to have. Parking at most of the buildings is very convenient to room locations as well.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Saratoga Springs in August, We were in the Grand Stand, It was nice because it was always the First Bus Stop, So we always got seats, and were the first ones let off when we got back from the Parks. But since you have a car, I would much prefer the Springs, which is located by the main building and pool. Have a Good Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We are members there and have had 3 great experiences. We really like Congress Park (where we stayed both times we stayed in 1 BRs). It's close to the water and makes for nice strolls. The whole property is very pretty and spacious. Have you looked into Garden Grocer? You can order a bill of groceries to be delivered on the day you arrive - breakfast is served! Of course, if you have a car, you can go to the store yourself and save the delivery fee (it's nominal).

On the reverse, DH and I REALLY want to stay at Poly soon. Is it worth the expense?
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in a 2Bdrm in Oct 2007. We stayed at the Grandstand and loved it. Short walk to the main area. Bus stop is first on/first off, which we loved. We had a view of one of the greens. We loved getting up in the morning and sitting on the patio and watch the golfers.
    I think you will really like it as well.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a place to buy snacks? We typically stay in a Value or Moderate and are used to the Food Court/Grocery Store type thingy . I know there isn't a food court, which we never use anyway but is there a store where we can redeem snack credits for cereal and things?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Our family enjoyed SSR. We had a 2 bedroom unit which worked well for us. Loved the very short walk to Downtown Disney from our building. We were not impressed with the dining options at SS, but it did not matter as we could just take the walk to DD and enjoy the many restaurants there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend Grandstand 8100-8800, Springs 3100-4400, or perhaps Congress Park. Request NOT to be in the Carousel - it's not a good fit for groups with kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a place to buy snacks? We typically stay in a Value or Moderate and are used to the Food Court/Grocery Store type thingy . I know there isn't a food court, which we never use anyway but is there a store where we can redeem snack credits for cereal and things?
    Artist Palette is the place. This is the gift shop as well as general store. There are all kinds of snacks and sundries, as well as fresh-cooked foods and fresh-baked goodies. It's located at the front, near the main pool area.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: