Quantcast Whispering Canyon Cafe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Whispering Canyon Cafe

We booked a lunch here because I'd read that it was fun for families and that they get the kids involved in different things. I was able to print out a menu from the Disney site and the offerings look good! Just wanted to ask those that have been there... How is the food? And, what kinds of things do they do to entertain the kids/familly? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to lunch at WCC a few years ago and had a great time. My youngest (2 at the time) was throwing a tantrum and the waiter threw straws at him. He stopped immediately (we still call straws "sissy sticks")! He also made me and DS6 a hat from a napkin and was generally pretty funny. However, we saw another family that had a different server and I didn't see much interaction at their table. If you are looking for a lot of action, I suggest going for breakfast or dinner. When we would be in the lobby at those times, the place was ROCKIN'. Lunch, while we were there, was generally pretty quiet.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

We did dinner in September. Service was terrible, the food was overrated (had the skillet and the only thing I could eat was the potatos; dh was the only one who tried the chicken/ribs and he ended up sick the rest of the night). We were there over two hours. We may try breakfast, but we won't be going back for lunch or dinner.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Just wanted to ask those that have been there... How is the food?
    I just have one word to tell you about the food.... SKILLET ! It is yummy for your tummy!

We went at dinner and we had a great server....it was never a dull moment! It was so good that I have it planned for the trip in May and DH wants to go there TWICE!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! Hmmmm, maybe I'll try for a dinner instead of a lunch. It will be our first day in the parks, heading over from MK.

Post Thanks / Like

I had dinner here last May, and it was TERRIBLE! My girlfriend and I (both 20 years old) had made reservations months earlier and had built up a lot of excitement. The dining room is split, MAKE SURE YOU GET A SEAT IN THE FRONT DINING AREA! We were put in the very back, and we never got to see or experience any of the antics. Our service was terrible, and my food was disgusting. I ordered the skillet, and didn't really eat anything. I will never go back, and I would recommend changing your reservation.

Artist Point is amazing, and very different from WCC. I know its signature (more expensive), but its worth it.
    23rd visit March 20-25 @ Pop Century!

Have stayed at Polynesian, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, PO Riverside, AS Sports, Music, Movies, and Pop Century.

Post Thanks / Like

WCC was one of my kids favorite restaurants. We had a blast and did enjoy the food. We were there on fathers day and our anniversary. When my husband asked for a refill they brought him a 2 liter mason jar of coke! They also brought a champagne toast for us. Nice touch! When we said we were too full for dessert, our waiter insisted on having us pick desserts to go. That evening I can say they also had the straws, ketchup bottles and giant forks moving as well as pony races for the kids and one unsuspecting adult . It was a great time. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE THIS PLACE AND I'M PLANNING TO GO BACK!! The skillet is really good and the pasta is good to (it has a little spice to it). We went for dinner, and it was really crowded, but our service was fantastic.
    For entertainment, they made all the dads stand up and do "I'm a little teapot", they also (depending on server) give you a huge drink if u ask for refills and a "free trip to the bathroom" if you finish it. ALSO, DON'T FORGET TO ASK FOR KETCHUP (EVEN IF YOU DON'T NEED IT!!)
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

My family ate there on our last trip and really enjoyed it. The ribs were mediocore, but everything else was good. We really enjoyed the bottomless milkshakes included in the DP. Be sure to get a large drink, the regular ones just aren't big enough

Post Thanks / Like

We have been here three different times. The food was good but two times the services was very, very slow.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
    We did dinner in September. Service was terrible, the food was overrated (had the skillet and the only thing I could eat was the potatos; dh was the only one who tried the chicken/ribs and he ended up sick the rest of the night). We were there over two hours. We may try breakfast, but we won't be going back for lunch or dinner.
    We're going back in March only because DS loves it. Their food always makes me sick too. I always avoid any red meat there now. I don't know if it is a spice or if they use MSG.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than waiting a looong time to be seated(way past our reservation time), we enjoyed the food and fun! We all ate the skillet and thought it was good, and we splurged and ordered the milkshakes as our dinner drink! And tried every flavor.

Post Thanks / Like

Although there are a few bad reviews about WCC, I have heard for the most part that this is definitely a place worth trying out. I for one am looking forward to trying this restaurant.
    Richard
    "please stand clear of the doors"
    multiple times as little kid but don't remember the dates
    1993-ft. wilderness
    1994-contemporary
    1995-ft. wilderness
    2002-caribbean beach/polynesian
    2003-off property
    2005-coronado springs
    2009-off property condo
    2011-Bay Lake Towers/Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

For WCC our review is based upon a sample size of one....but our one time there was an enjoyable enough experience...the food was okay, the wait time from ordering to eating was only a tad on the slow side, and the waiter was an awful lot of fun. Will probably go back at some point.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have only been to WWC once, as well. Last summer before we moved from FL we went to WWC to try this dinning experience. We had made ADR's for lunch and it was pretty slow. They did horse races, harassed a newly wed couple, and did a few other entertainment things. Our waitress was funny...she really didn't involve the kids...because they were smaller 7,2,1 and they were some what stand offish, but my DH and I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the food. We ordered the skillet....loved the chicken and ribs. The kids loved the cornbread! AND DH got one of those huge mason jars when asking for a refill.... too funny.

Definitely try WWC, it is worth doing it at least once.

Post Thanks / Like

We went during lunch last November. The smoked chicken salad was REALLY good as were the baked beans. It was really quiet though. I think you might want dinner if you want more action. We actually weren't too interested in going back... there are other places we find more interesting.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

While we've noticed a marked decrease in service the past few visits, we'll still return to WCC for dinner on our upcoming trip. We've always gotten the skillet and have been pleased with the food each time. The major upside for us is that the restaurant is located within our resort and is just too convenient to pass up.

We did note that they are no longer giving out Pony Express certificates or wooden nickels as part of the kids' entertainment. With regard to the antics, some times we've been "served" right, and other times we've had what I'd term "meek" waiters and waitresses. However, all in all, I'd term it a good bang for your buck!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Within the past 5 years, we have been to the WCC times. We have gone mostly during lunch and dinner. This is a “must do” for us. The entertainment is the main reason to go. A lot of the experience will depend on the CM you get. We have had great CMs and we have had some OK CMs. The skillet and the shakes are the best items on the menu. The other items are good, but nothing special. This is not fast food, so do not go there in a hurry or you will hate it. Sit back and enjoy what is going on around you.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there in November....a littlt too noisey, but we had a seat in the Library section... The food was really good, i had the meat loaf my brother had the fish and my daughter had the ribs. There was sooo much food we couldnt finish it all...
    Trips to wdw......TOO many to count. Next trip...nov.9th-15th 2008. port orleans french quarter... first time there...

Post Thanks / Like

I Have to comment on this....
    My husband and I had dinner there one night...we were staying at the WL and didn't want to leave, so we just wanted to eat there. Every time we were in the foyer, it was always so loud and rambunctious in there. Which is fine if you are all having a good time.
    We had a good time (they got my New Husband up front to sing "I'm a little Teapot")
    BUT there was this elderly man (sitting at the table next to us in there with his grandkids, and he didn't want to, or couldn't, or whatever...but they were BRUTAL to him!!! They picked on him the WHOLE rest of the meal!! They were so mean, they made him the laughing stock of the whole restaurant, and they were relentless!! IT was HORRIBLE! I felt so bad for him and his wife and grandkids.
    I'm sure for kids its fun to bring the ketchup to the other tables and stuff, but I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!!!

It was done in such poor taste. My husband and I were APPALLED!

Just a warning.
    Whirlwind trip in '96 *1 day all 3 parks*

Aug '08 - Wilderness Lodge (6 days) - Honeymoon Suite
    Aug '08 Coronado Springs (2 days)

May '09 - POP (8 days)

May '11 - POP (8 days)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: