Quantcast Whispering Canyon Cafe - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thread here. Some love it, some hate it. Only thing that seems clear to me is: "Don't go if you have no sense of humor."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie54 View Post
    Interesting thread here. Some love it, some hate it. Only thing that seems clear to me is: "Don't go if you have no sense of humor."
    You are absolutely right!
    Amy
    First trip in 1983...at 5 yrs old and have been hooked ever since!
    Next trip: Last week in April 2015 at Fort Wilderness Campground

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie54 View Post
    Having a sense of humor is one thing, but if you try to get a laugh at someone's expense and make them look bad in front of their kids/grandkids/wife/etc.... That is just in poor taste.

I do have a sense of humor and if someone tries to pick on me, you can bet I am going to hold my own and pick back ten times worse. Not everyone has my sense of humor or the ability to let it roll like I do. I did witness someone go too far and I thought that this young kid had no class for acting the way he did.

I do think its funny how if you want ketchup you are going to end up with every bottle in the house and probably more. Good thing I love ketchup!!!! lol

I wouldn't go back myself, but that is because I didn't really care for the food at all. I did like the fact that it was unlimited refills on the milk shakes though. I would steer clear of the "FAMOUS WINGS" though, I thought they were wretched, but again...just my opinion.

If you really want to eat some where at the WL go to Artist Point, my favorite place to eat at probably all of DW.
    1995 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2002 All Star Sports
    2004 CBR
    2008 Wilderness Lodge and Coronado
    2009 Pop
    2011 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the feedback! We've looked at our schedule and we're going to keep it as a lunch for now. We'll keep our fingers crossed that the fun will be going on while we visit!

I was sorry to read that some people didn't have a good experience here. I'm hoping those were odd, off days at the restaurant.

I know that I would not have been able to take seeing someone repeatedly harassed for not joining in. A little ribbing is ok, then let it go!

Bummer about the wooden nickles and certificates. I didn't know about those but they sound like really fun reminders of the meal.

I'll definitely let everyone know what our experience there is like!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of WCC at all. The food is subpar at best and the atmoshphere isn't as fun as folks would have you believe. We would never, ever go back.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you're going for lunch, that's the best time! We always get the "rowdy" waitress because we always go for lunch to get the pulled pork sandwiches, but the other waiters and waitresses seemed more "tame" and we'd actually prefer that. We don't go for the service, just the atmosphere and food.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmshelton1979 View Post
    Having a sense of humor is one thing, but if you try to get a laugh at someone's expense and make them look bad in front of their kids/grandkids/wife/etc.... That is just in poor taste.

I do have a sense of humor and if someone tries to pick on me, you can bet I am going to hold my own and pick back ten times worse. Not everyone has my sense of humor or the ability to let it roll like I do. I did witness someone go too far and I thought that this young kid had no class for acting the way he did.

I do think its funny how if you want ketchup you are going to end up with every bottle in the house and probably more. Good thing I love ketchup!!!! lol

I wouldn't go back myself, but that is because I didn't really care for the food at all. I did like the fact that it was unlimited refills on the milk shakes though. I would steer clear of the "FAMOUS WINGS" though, I thought they were wretched, but again...just my opinion.

If you really want to eat some where at the WL go to Artist Point, my favorite place to eat at probably all of DW.
    Point taken. No excuses for "picking on" someone who clearly doesn't want to play. In fact, that could be an invitation to give someone a fat lip! However, I still stand behind my statement that one should have a sense of humor if dining there.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get the skillet on the DDP?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    Can you get the skillet on the DDP?

Yep!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

We had fun. The milkshakes were good. We did dinner. The ketchup thing, having to scream out loud was funny and they threw straws at us when we asked for them which my son found hysterical!!
    It was a neat place, we'd go back. But dont expect a QUIET dinner and you'll be ok..
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Did I read correctly that milkshakes were included in DDP?

Post Thanks / Like

Bump

(I want to know about the milkshakes too).
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

Like i said earlier, just ask to be seated in the Library. Excellant food, very quiet, but still fun...LOL
    Trips to wdw......TOO many to count. Next trip...nov.9th-15th 2008. port orleans french quarter... first time there...

Post Thanks / Like

The dining room is split, MAKE SURE YOU GET A SEAT IN THE FRONT DINING AREA! We were put in the very back, and we never got to see or experience any of the antics.
    We were seated in the back and we just asked if we could be in the main dining room near the fun. They accommodated us happily - we only had to wait a few extra minutes. Our server was fun and we all had a great time. The food was good - not write home because it's so amazing, but good.

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought I would give you a heads up. We love WCC and have gone for the past three years. The first two were dinners and they had alot of action. We had a blast. But last year we went for lunch, can't remember exactly what time of the day, and the place was empty! I think at one point we were the only people there! Our waitress was awesome and gave us alot of attention so that was nice. But we were very dissapointed that our kids didnt get to do the horse stick rides, which we promised they could. I guess they didnt do it because there weren't enough people there.

It is crowded for dinner but we loved that being our first meal on the night we arrived. We checked in, got ready and headed to mk and then got on the boat for the relaxing ride to the WL, had a great dinner, and then got to enjoy the electric water parade on the dock before taking a beautiful night time boat ride back. Definately enjoyed it better than lunch, even though we did have a good time.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default dinner there on 7/8/12

We enjoyed are dinner very much; my husband and daughter made the better choice though in ordering the NY strip steak. Their meals were fantastic, really nice sides and very tender flavorful steak.I had the skillet and it was way too much food and more of a buffet quality; OK but when I saw their meals I was wishing I had ordered the same. Good desserts too; a little loud but if you have kids with you they will enjoy it a lot.
    Port Orleans French Quarter July 2016[/B][/COLOR]
    Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge June/July 2012
    Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010
    Port Orleans French Quarter-August 2007
    Disney Land- October 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter-July 2005
    Many trips off-site as a child

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been there for dinner and according to alot of these posts I am glad I havent! But for lunch I have been there maybe 4-5 times now and 4 out of 5 times have been AWESOME! We always order the skillet of course... who in their right mind would pass that awesomeness! As for entertainment... how about a horse race around the whole restaurant! haha so funny and cute watching the kids AND ADULTS race each other!

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: