Quantcast 99 days to go! which breakfast?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 99 days to go! which breakfast?

woohoo!! im in the double digits days to go

chef mickeys or ohana breakfast?? my dd8 has done CRT for the past 3 years so we want to try something different - we are CS people and only do 1 character bfast the week we are there so which one is better? keep in mind our ds15 loves to eat
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We prefer the Chef Mickey breakfast experience over the Ohana breakfast. While we like the "Family Style" service that Ohana offers over the buffet at Chef Mickey's, the food selection at Chef Mickey's is by far better. There truly is something for everyone.

We've also had service problems at the Ohana character breakfast (took over an hour to seat us, took forever to get our first serving of food and we spent an additional 30 minutes waiting to get more grapes & waffles for a total dining time of almost 3 hours ) While we realize that each restaurant can have an "off" day, this one was just too much. Chef Mickey's breakfast is the only meal we've scheduled for all nine of our trips, and it's on our "must do" list this June!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We love the 'Ohana breakfast and it is a tradition wth my family. My older daughter (11) just loves Stitch and my little one (4) does too! Mickey, Pluto and Lilo are also there.

The food and service has always been super for us and our waitress even played with Stitch and teased him about coffee! She also told my girls to "watch their food because Stitch likes to take it!" The food consists of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, Mickey Waffles, pineapple and cinnamin breads as well as fresh fruit. You can ask for as much as you want and we like the fact that it is brought to your table. This way you don't have to worry about missing any of the characters. You can also ask for the pressed pot coffee. I feel it is much more relaxing than a buffet. You can't really compare a buffet to a sit down meal. The buffet of course will have more items due to the fact that it is a buffet so if that is important to you then you should go to CMs. We have plenty of varity at 'Ohana and enjoy it very much.

The character interaction is great as well like I said it has become one of our favorites.
    Princess 1 - 19yo
    Princess 2 - 12 yo (my baby is growing up)
    Poor Dad is out numbered! Even our dog is a female!
    Missing my happy place so much.

6/09,8/07,2/02,11/99 - Poly
    prev trips - Dixie Landings & CR
    Read my trip report for August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Chef Mickeys. I am not a breakfast person- but I really really enjoyed the food.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a stitch lover,and I would have to say i prefered chef mickey's,the selection can't be beat! try the breakfast pizza it's awesome!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Chef Mickey's, definitely. We've never had a great experience at 'Ohana.
    Jambo everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Never been to Ohana but we love Chef Mickey's breakfast had fun even when it was just 4 adults. This was prekids time frame. We all had more than enough to eat. DH is a healthy eater.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

We have done a few character buffet breakfasts thru the years, and enjoyed them all.
    My personal favorite was at Chef Mickeys,only complaint was that it was at a different resort and that cuts down on park time.Hey! what do you think I go to WDW for anyway?
    We do Crystal Palace and Donalds Breakfastasaurus each trip.On days we do the Studios,or EPCOT,we eat at the hotel,because those parks don't have decent breakfast.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Ohana. Food is better, view is better, theming of restaurant is better, and I think their service totally dominates that of chef mickey's.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD