Quantcast Coffee poll - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Opinion of coffee at WDW

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great, love it!

7 7.87%
  • It's just okay

25 28.09%
  • Neutral

11 12.36%
  • It's Bad, but I drink it anyway

28 31.46%
  • Hate it, avoid at all costs

18 20.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coffee poll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    Well, my suggestion wouldn't necessarily mean replacing all coffee at WDW. But, I do think there are enough people who visit on a daily basis that would be happy to pay for something better than the Nescafe standard coffee they serve. I was just suggesting that they add some premium coffee stands around WDW, like Starbucks or others. The restaurants and hotels would still serve the Nescafe stuff (or whatever the current brand is) that a lot of people don't particularly like.
    That's true! Having a variety to serve everyone's interests is always best. And Disney normally does an excellent job with this, so maybe once the economy gets better (ha ) they should start thinking about putting more options out there.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I put up with the coffee at WDW, only because i have to.
    Week 2 of vacation we went to Universal and i saw a STARBUCKS,WOW, it was like, Thank you.
    If Disney can put a Macdonalds in their parks then i'm sure they could put a real coffee house in too.
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a coffee drinker by any stretch of the imagination. I have coffee three, maybe four times a year and all those times are at WDW. I do enjoy coffee and I do know good coffee when I have it. Bad coffee is never good . I had a fabulous pot of fresh pressed coffee after dinner at Narcoosee's. Had another at Le Cellier not to mention a few viking coffees' in Norway. There's good coffee at WDW, you just have to seek it out and/or ask for it.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Nestle Instant Coffee is a disgrace!! Walt would be appalled!!!

I'll admit that I'm a coffee fiend and snob. Instant coffee is simply terrible. I realize that instant/concentrate is easier, more efficient and cheaper, but Disney has compromised all standards by serving instant coffee. That stuff is a travesty.

I was most shocked when I discovered that the Fountain View Cafe in Epcot FW stopped serving fresh brewed coffee. In fact, I experience a sense of grief and mourning. I LOVE the Foutain View Cafe. It was a place to have a great cup of fresh brewed coffee, listen to the futuristic music and get lost in your thoughts while observing the beautiful scenary.

Even though the real coffee is dwindling, there are still several places to get good fresh brewed coffee throughout the parks and resorts (except MK which only has one spot for espresso that you can have made into an Americano -- EXPENSIVE). Also, you won't find the likes of the over roasted CharBucks coffee, just good, usually milder coffee.

As of the spring of 2007, you could find fresh brewed coffee at the locations below. This is not an exhaustive list. Also, there used to be many more, but it's been a while and don't know if they changed:

Epcot Future World:
    Stand by Universe of Energy (run by Joffrey's - Espr., Cap, Lat, Fresh Brew American)

Epcot World Showcase:
    -Stand betw. Canada & England (Joffrey's)
    -Morocco
    -Stand near to Morocco
    -Stands near America & Italy (Used to be Joffrey's)

MK
    -Sleepy Hollow Refreshments (Espr. only)

Hollywood Studios:
    -Starring Rolls (they roast beans here!!!)
    -Writers Stop
    -Cup 'o Joe to go
    -Stand by Tower of Terror

AK
    -Stand just past Oasis before Africa

Downtown Dis
    -Earl of Sandwich (refills too!)
    -Goofy's Candy Co.
    -Forty Thirst Street

Boardwalk
    -Boardwalk Joes (evening only)

Polynesian
    -Kona Cafe and counter This coffee rules

Wilderness Lodge
    -Roaring Forks

Beach Club
    -Hurricane Hannahs (sp?)

Grand Floridian
    -Gasperilla's Grill and Games

Contemporary
    -Contemporary Grounds

Coronado Springs
    -Coffee bar at Pepper Market Comparable to Kona but stronger.
    "Mickey's a nice fellow who never does anybody any harm, who gets into scrapes through no fault of his own but always manages to come up grinning." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    It's Nescafe, nothing more than instant coffee. Blech!
    Exactly! Why bother? Nescafe is NOT cofee. About the only time I drink coffee at WDW is when I eat breakfast at the Kona Cafe.

Blech, Blech, and double blech!

Post Thanks / Like

We ground a bunch, brought some #2 filters (thanks for letting me kow the filter type, everybody) and brewed it in the room every morning...it was perfect. We like it very, very stout....our coffee is sort of the Guiness of coffee. We are almost always disappointed getting coffee out, so we didn't even try, honestly.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conflicting information

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    brought some #2 filters (thanks for letting me kow the filter type, everybody)
    I thought someone had posted that the pots in WDW used 4 cup basket style. Oh well, I packed some #2 cones just in case. I will know for sure in under 18 hours - wahoooo!

Post Thanks / Like

1) Now, now, now.
    2) Lots of people complain about WDW coffee.
    3) But, Nescafe is the #1 coffee in the world.
    4) All those folks can't be wrong.

5) All folks have different taste.
    6) I personally do not care for Starbucks at all.
    7) We need to just relax and drink the coffee.

NOTE: Even Maxwell House has over 17 different coffees. Many people consider MH quite drinkable. If they brought in MH, which would they bring?
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Now, now, now.
    I have two things that when put together, completely disprove your theory....Gold Records and Slim Whitman!! All those folks can be wrong!!

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Now, now, now.
    Hmmm, as of this posting, half of the people who answered this poll would disagree with you and said it's bad.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I drink a pot of coffee myslef about 4 out of 7 days/wk. The coffee at WDW is drinkable. Sure I prefer my own coffee from home, but I also prefer my own bed, but don't let the beds at WDW stop me from sleeping. It is what it is and knowing how much I like my coffee and depend on it, I would rather drink that than do without. So does my family. But I have also taken my own gound coffee from home because I love my southern praline pecan flavor coffee beans, but I don't take it with us often. With enough sweetener of your choice and cream, the coffee can be made better. If the only thing I can dread about my vacation "home" is the coffee, then I would consider that a good vacation.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse View Post
    I have to have my coffee, so as bad I think it is, I drink it anyway.......however,I did find that Norway had good coffee at their bakery. I make it a point to stop there when in Epcot now.
    I was going to suggest the same place Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway is now a must-visit when I'm at Epcot
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

I have grown up in a family that is a supplier for a coffee service so I like my good coffee, and let me tell you this coffee at WDW stinks!!! I do not understand why they partner up with McDonalds for fry stations and such but not for a McDonalds coffee station, just a though?!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    Sure I prefer my own coffee from home, but I also prefer my own bed, but don't let the beds at WDW stop me from sleeping. It is what it is and knowing how much I like my coffee and depend on it, I would rather drink that than do without. So does my family. But I have also taken my own gound coffee from home because I love my southern praline pecan flavor coffee beans, but I don't take it with us often. With enough sweetener of your choice and cream, the coffee can be made better. If the only thing I can dread about my vacation "home" is the coffee, then I would consider that a good vacation.
    You kinda touched on what I was getting at, choice. When it comes to coffee, WDW doesn't offer much in this, at least not easily. To me, it just seems like it would be a slam dunk to offer offer gourmet coffee and frozen cappuccino type drinks in more places across the resort. I mean, why not have a gourmet coffee place on Main Street, or a gourmet coffee cafe in World Showcase? Or, even at Downtown Disney? As popular as Starbucks and other such gourmet coffee shops have become, I am shocked that Disney hasn't done more in this area.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    I have grown up in a family that is a supplier for a coffee service so I like my good coffee, and let me tell you this coffee at WDW stinks!!! I do not understand why they partner up with McDonalds for fry stations and such but not for a McDonalds coffee station, just a though?!
    Most likely because Nestle is a bigger sponsor than McDonalds.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffee

Even the Nescafe at the Disney food courts is fine.

And it's Disney World, a place millions of unemployed Americans can't fit into their budget.

Post Thanks / Like

I drink coffee almost everyday at home but for some reason I don't drink coffee when on vacation. Maybe because it's hot when we go to WDW and hot coffee just doesn't sound good.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

If there was an option, it's bad I try and avoid it but sometimes can't and then I'm stuck with it I would have picked that.

I'm a coffee snob and don't like instant or mild or weak coffee..so the nescafe concentrate often fails to meet my first second and third choices.

I've brought stuff from home, purchased it at many of the stations above and will continue to do so, but I admit to filling up at the starbucks at the airport on my exit and my return. How sad is that?

But I'd rather have yucky coffee there then good coffee at home or I wouldn't keep going I guess.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

It's basically terrible. I understand that instant is probably the best option given the volume of coffee dispensed at peak hours, but I would appreciate a non-instant option. I really only drink the Nescafe offered because I don't wish to spend my vacation in caffeine de-tox. It's purely for medicinal purposes!

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997