Quantcast The Amazing Race Season 14 -- Discussion - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good bye Hillbillies ... wow, did she run 25 miles off course? His crying at he end was supposed to be endearing, but it just seemed creepy.

I am not enjoying the editing this year, does it seem choppy to anyone else?
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

You know ... I know I was supposed to feel inspired or sympathetic towards the hillbillies, but no matter how hard I tried I just ended up finding them irritating and weird. Their near hysteria at the end was just plain annoying and her issues with finding her way down that trail and the way she just stood there flapping her hands .. in the end I was very, very happy they were the ones to go.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Next up, stewardesses! They can't leave soon enough, although the hillbillies were a good alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I simply can't believe how inept those stewardesses are. For two people used to traveling, they've just made some inexplicable mistakes thus far.

Them with the wood last night was just unreal!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I simply can't believe how inept those stewardesses are. For two people used to traveling, they've just made some inexplicable mistakes thus far.

Them with the wood last night was just unreal!
    Well -- technically they aren't used to making their own travel plans ... they show up get on a plane serve drinks hope they don't have to save anyone, land and get on a shuttle to a pre-paid hotel and repeat the next day. That's not the same type of travel -- I really wish they had carried that log back to the pit stop.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

and her issues with finding her way down that trail and the way she just stood there flapping her hands ...
    I know what you mean. As soon as I saw she her come out by that road, I thought "uh-oh, here come the water-works". And I don't mean to sound insensitive, but when he started sobbing at the end too, I just thought it was all so over-the-top.

One thing in last night's episode that seemed weird to me was how almost all the teams asked the cab driver on the way to the airport if they could use his cell phone to check on flights. It seemed scripted the way they almost all used the same exact words (and the cell phones all looked identical too). I don't recall the teams ever asking the cabbies before if they could borrow their cell phones--have they?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I know what you mean. As soon as I saw she her come out by that road, I thought "uh-oh, here come the water-works". And I don't mean to sound insensitive, but when he started sobbing at the end too, I just thought it was all so over-the-top.

One thing in last night's episode that seemed weird to me was how almost all the teams asked the cab driver on the way to the airport if they could use his cell phone to check on flights. It seemed scripted the way they almost all used the same exact words (and the cell phones all looked identical too). I don't recall the teams ever asking the cabbies before if they could borrow their cell phones--have they?
    My thoughts exactly last night. I commented to DH that it was obviously part of the script the way it happened with the cell phones. I was waiting for someone to say that they weren't allowed and they were all penalized. Yes, they have used people's phones before like this but nothing so obvious with all of them doing it exactly the same way. I wonder if the directions told them it was allowed. Now, let me ask you a question. If a stranger was riding in your car and asked you to use your cell phone to call who knows where, would you allow it? I have often wondered when this happens if the cab driver or whoever incurrs any roaming charges or other kind of charges. And how do they know the phone numbers of where they want to call or if the person on the other end speaks English? That was just weird.

I was also waiting for Phil to say something about the female hillbilly taking a ride back to the destination and being penalized for it. Maybe if they hadn't been eliminated he would have. Why didn't she just walk back up where she came from and go the other way? I would have. But she did have a camera crew with her so guess nothing would have happened to her. That was a lot different than being there alone and not having any idea where you were or where to go. That is when I would have sat down and cried.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    II don't recall the teams ever asking the cabbies before if they could borrow their cell phones--have they?
    Yeah, I've seen other teams do it before, but never in such an orchestrated way. I was wondering if maybe some of the teams had discussed it the night before at the pit stop or something. It did seem really strange how that sequence played out ...

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I was also waiting for Phil to say something about the female hillbilly taking a ride back to the destination and being penalized for it.
    I thought the same thing and wondered, too, if she would have been penalized for it had they not lost.

When she was just standing there wandering in circles and whimpering, God help me but all I kept thinking was, "This woman so deserves to be eliminated!!"
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

The team that was eliminated was obviously not going to win so it was just as well that they are gone now. How they ever got on the show in the first place is beyond me. Did the show's executives think we were all going to pull for them as the underdogs? You need some personalty to draw the popular underdog vote and they did not have any.

Re: The Stewardesses . .

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    ...... -- I really wish they had carried that log back to the pit stop.
    I had the same thought! That would have been funny.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I was disappointed they eventually figured out the log thing, too. I was so looking forward to seeing Phil's face when they showed up with that thing!

Oh, speaking of which ... did anyone else laugh out loud when Phil did the eyebrow raise because whats-his-name couldn't figure out how to open the gate??

Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! That was so funny! I thought, okay here is another dumb pair, trying to climb over the gate instead of figuring out how to get in. The eyebrow was funny after the last time someone said "NO, not the eyebrow!"

I don't think we will have to worry too much this season. There are so many really dumb pairs that they will eliminate themselves leaving a few good ones to finally compete seriously. Unless, like last season and one of them somehow persists through it all.

Now next week we will have the "lost fanny pack" again! Hope they learned from the last one and try to find it quickly.

I think the Hillbillies might be the ones that really, really needed the money but I can't imagine why the producers chose them to be on there because they were certain to be eliminated quickly. I guess like the hippies last time, there had to be one pair that was sure to be the first. I'm surprised they weren't eliminated last week.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fanny Pack

You know I was thinking, remember how this season was filmed before the last season ever even aired? So they didn't know to "learn" from the lost fanny pack.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I was disappointed they eventually figured out the log thing, too. I was so looking forward to seeing Phil's face when they showed up with that thing!

Oh, speaking of which ... did anyone else laugh out loud when Phil did the eyebrow raise because whats-his-name couldn't figure out how to open the gate??

Yes, I thought the whole gate thing was almost as funny as the cheese rolling!

The stewardesses brought back memories of last season's race where it seemed so many teams had trouble interpreting the clues. It would have been priceless for them to show up with the log, although it was pretty funny that they thought they needed to go through the Segway finish line with it.

I was glad to see the hillbillies go; I'm still surprised they weren't eliminated in the first leg of the race.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    You know I was thinking, remember how this season was filmed before the last season ever even aired? So they didn't know to "learn" from the lost fanny pack.
    You know, I hadn't thought about that. I tend to think it is happening live when I watch it, but know better. Is this maybe the one that was being filmed at WDW? Or was that just something else happening there? Someone mentioned that last season about seeing a group at 'The World' and thought it was part of this season being filmed.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yup

I am pretty sure that is this season that we are watching right now.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved it so far, since I grew up in Germany and have been to those places many, many times. Schoenau am Koenigssee is even more gorgeous in real life than it looked on TV. I was surprised that they didn't make them take a boatride on the lake, there is an isolated church there you can only get to by boat, seems like that would have made for a good challenge-but anyway.
    Two things-- Most everyone that works anywhere in Germany,especially at an airport, speaks English, so I do believe that they easily could have found someone at information and the airlines to speak English to them.
    Second, I have hiked in the Alps and it can be very confusing to find your way, but that's why they put up signs! I was not sad to see that team eliminated!
    Susanne

Mom to 6 rowdy kids,
    1 Keeshond, 1 cat and 2 horses

Post Thanks / Like

Finally caught up. I'm not surprised that the hillbillies are gone.

What did shock me was her first reaction when she realized how lost she was. That her husband was going to angry about her being lost. I think it was the way she said it, like he was going to start screaming at her. It just made me wonder how badly she's really treated by him. His crying at the end made me .

The flight attendants need to be the next ones out. They are completely clueless.

I really like the brother and sister.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

YEA! Another episode tonight! WOO HOO!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

I'm rather glad the hillbillies are gone. I did feel a bit sorry for her just being an older woman and obviously "directionally challenged". (I'm not THAT old but I can get lost pretty easily). It just didn't seem to be all THAT hard. You were standing at the top of the hill...you HAD to have SOME idea where you were going.

I figured even IF they beat the stewardesses...they would have been "disqualified" based on that little "car ride".
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, seriously? Did anyone else think that the little bit of Gypsy thievery was dodgy? That guy was TOTALLY going to take that fanny pack!

When what ever that teams name was missed their flight the elimination wasn't even a shock. They didn't even try to make it seem like they weren't going to be last!

Please s

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: