Quantcast Silly Question about Disney DVD's

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silly Question about Disney DVD's

Is there any store on WDW property that sells a wide variety of Disney movies? There's got to be somewhere, right?
    I mean, not just the latest films like Wall-E or Ratatouille... but I mean, if I wanted to go buy Mary Poppins or Aladdin, where should I go?
    I'm guessing the answer is probably World of Disney but I haven't actually noticed a movie section before.

I actually don't know if those particular titles are out of the "Disney Vault" right now. But I would like to take a look at what's available in store other than the movies that are basically new.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Vault rules still appy to the stores in Disney World/Land, etc... WoD is probably the best place, last I saw they were in one of the central rooms, along with the cheap souvies, etc. Not sure if they've been moved.

Many other larger stores also have a pretty big selection as well. I don't know of a specific store that specializes in movies though. They have dumbed down the merchandise in recent years which has afforded them the ability to stock pretty much everything at almost all locations.

In all honesty, your local WalMart probably has a better selection and better prices.

Post Thanks / Like

While not a Disney store, the Virgin Megastore in DTD had a good selection of Disney movies and shows. WoD had a few( maybe a dozen) movies, and I've seen movies in both Mousegears (EPCOT) and the Emporium (MK). Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with DizneyRox...Your local Wal-Mart will have a much better and cheaper type of selection compared to in parks. Thought Disney "locks" prices on everything so it will be pretty uniform as far as prices go. You can go to the Camera Center at Epcot and at the registers (not near the picture print out side but the other end) you will find a large selection of Disney movies. And Mary Poppins 45th Anniversary edition is being released this week so you should be able to get that one. I think you will have a hard time finding movies like Aladdin..that was released a long time ago and they havent released that one out again from "The Vault" but hope this helps.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Once Upon A Toy at Downtown Disney has always seemed to have the largest selection of DVDs on property from what I've seen. There is a room towards the back with some large shelves of movies, music, and games.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great way I have found to get Disney DVDs is also from the main Disney website...and they usually have free shipping on DVD's. That's were I have bought alot of my treasures.

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

On property...Virgin Records
    Off property... Wal-Mart
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

There is also the Disney Movie Club. The initial offer is usually buy 4 movies for $1.99 each. Then you have to buy four more at regular price. (You of course get the mailings every three - five weeks with the current title. if you don't want it just log in and say "no thanks") Once you purchase the four at regular price you get free shipping and great offers each month - like buy one at regular price and get additional movies at 60% off.

They have just about every Disney movie ever made (except those in the vault). I love the oldies like The Parent Trap and The Castaways with Hayley Mills.
    Donna

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: