Quantcast Your favorite "adult beverages" around WS - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie97 View Post
    My favorite is the Grey Goose lemon slush in France.
    Ditto.
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree the Margaritas and Grey Goose slushies are to die for....

Also, on a trip with my DH during the Food and Wine Festival I tried a sparkling rose wine in Italy with dark chocolate. Amazing!! I had never tried that combination before, I highly recommend it!

Can't wait for May.....
    Disneyland '81
    Holiday Inn Maingate '83
    DL Hotel '94
    Paradise Pier '95
    DL AP's '95-'00
    DL Hotel '02
    BC '03
    Poly '04
    BWI '04
    WL '04
    Coronado Springs '09
    Poly '09

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see ... not that I have my entire Epcot day's drinking pre-planned ... but here's how it usually goes. I'm a big guy though ... so you might want to skip a world or two if you're worried about getting a little carried away. I also usually go in June or July, so I'm sweating out that alchol pretty quick.

1. Flight arrives at 12:05 pm. Arrive Epcot 1:10. Enter from International Gateway, stopping at ESPN for a "Welcome to Disney" Corona to tide us over for the long (5 minute) walk to Epcot.

2. Enter Epcot; proceed directly to Rose & Crown pub. 1 or 2 Black & Tans, depending.

3. To France ! And Bordeaux from the wine shop. Or a glass of chilled Pouilly-Fuisse. Wife prefers the Grey Goose & Lemonade slushy.

4. To Morrocco ! Time for a pick me up - a cup of Morroccan Coffee.

5. Skip Japan (for drinking at least). You're only a 1 minute walk from the American Pavillion, which offers some wonderful and refreshing New York State Rieslings. Perfect wine for the hot Florida sun.

6. Italy: No doubt here. Pick up another glass of wine (I go with the Amarone, usually) from the shop.

7. Germany: Here's where I usually shift gears for the remainder of the walk towards the big ball. Time to go with a nice supersized beer. Usually something heavy, like the seasonal Beck's Dark. If I want to stay with the wine, there's an incredible selection of fine German rieslings in the shop.

8. Usually by now I'm tumbling, so I boomerang around the Outpost and China at a glacial pace, until I reach Norway ! Time to grab a bench and enjoy a couple of fabulous Carlsberg beers while I enjoy the scenery (usually the Norwegian girls, who are incredibly beautfiul !)

9. Mexico: This is where it all falls apart. Amateurs will grab a margarita, because you have to get a margarita in Mexico, right ? Wrong. Do NOT introduce hard liquor into the mix at this point. It can get ugly. Just get a nice Dos Equis or Corona, to keep you hydrated until you wrap up the booze trip around the world at ....

10. OH CANADA ! THE HOME OF EXCELLENT BEERS ! Find the stand with the selection of Unibroue beers, order a tripple style La Fin Du Monde and get ready to put a cap in that 21st birthday jog.

This is also the point where the kids insist on going on a ride and by now, dad is more than ready to sleep his way through Spaceship Earth or the Universe of Energy.

Enjoy !

Post Thanks / Like

nice last post
    but I cant skip Japan...the Japanese Women make me drunk..
    and I agree the in Norway theres also some nice sites...but I still miss Ringnes
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

The Welsh Dragon from the Rose and Crown is awesome!(Welsh Dragon: Peach schnapps, Melon liqueur, crème de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice )

And I second third and fourth the margaritas : )
    "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams,we can play together all night." --Calvin and Hobbes--

Post Thanks / Like

Bump! Your trip should be happening soon, let us know how you fair! We did this back in 2007, my first "Of age" trip to the world. We only split a few drinks. We paced ourselves fairly well, but yes it was expensive but so much fun. We will be doing this again in June for my fiancee's birthday.

-We skipped all around. I think we started in Canada, with Molson. Then it was time for dinner at Biergarten where I had a big stein of Becks, I think. Margarita in Mexico, Carlsberg in Norway, Tsing Tao (beer) in China, Peroni (beer) in Italy, Sake in Japan (not a fan, almost derailed me), Grand Marnier slush in France, half yard of Strongbow in UK, I forget what the Moroccan beer was, and I think we did Sam Adams in America. I think that covers it... we did not stop at the African Outpost
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

For the last over 20 years, will always be for me a pint for R & C, just tradition. I have added the margarita on occasion from Mexico, the layered one, of course. Can't do more than this now at over 40! I still want to try one of the slushes one of these days! I can't do champagne at the park! I would be so sick with the sun! (Like in that movie Cocktail where Tom Cruise says "perfume going in....). I agree with Sherry, drink responsibly

Post Thanks / Like

Italy: Italian Margarita

Germany: Riesling

Canada: Trois Pistoles - beer
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Less than a week away for me now!

TENTATIVE PLAN:
    -start with a fiesta margarita in mexico
    -slowly make the way over to france (with some food mixed in) and pick up a grey goose lemon slush
    -add some more food in...hahaha.... and then I'm thinking wine, this is where I need recommendations, though.. I like Pinot A LOT, also chardonnay (basically NOT red ones), so what would anyone that likes the white wines recommend and from where?

And THEN... I'm going to attempt to sober up a bit.... dbf and I have reservations for Raglan Road at 8:30 and I'm thinking I want to be feeling good for that so I can hit it hard again. YAY...... (on a side note, we're getting 8-14" of snow on top of a horrible winter so far here, so I'm almost more excited about being WARM for a while than going around the world!!!)
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll just say upfront, I'm a lightweight......my drinking around the world is limited to a start and finish thing.....If we start in Mexico I get a fiesta margarita......I usually finish it around Germany.....then I finish up in France with a Grey Goose slush......that's it for me!! Those two drinks and there is no rides for mumma! I'm benched if I do this!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
    Let's see ... not that I have my entire Epcot day's drinking pre-planned ... but here's how it usually goes. I'm a big guy though ... so you might want to skip a world or two if you're worried about getting a little carried away. I also usually go in June or July, so I'm sweating out that alchol pretty quick.

1. Flight arrives at 12:05 pm. Arrive Epcot 1:10. Enter from International Gateway, stopping at ESPN for a "Welcome to Disney" Corona to tide us over for the long (5 minute) walk to Epcot.

2. Enter Epcot; proceed directly to Rose & Crown pub. 1 or 2 Black & Tans, depending.

3. To France ! And Bordeaux from the wine shop. Or a glass of chilled Pouilly-Fuisse. Wife prefers the Grey Goose & Lemonade slushy.

4. To Morrocco ! Time for a pick me up - a cup of Morroccan Coffee.

5. Skip Japan (for drinking at least). You're only a 1 minute walk from the American Pavillion, which offers some wonderful and refreshing New York State Rieslings. Perfect wine for the hot Florida sun.

6. Italy: No doubt here. Pick up another glass of wine (I go with the Amarone, usually) from the shop.

7. Germany: Here's where I usually shift gears for the remainder of the walk towards the big ball. Time to go with a nice supersized beer. Usually something heavy, like the seasonal Beck's Dark. If I want to stay with the wine, there's an incredible selection of fine German rieslings in the shop.

8. Usually by now I'm tumbling, so I boomerang around the Outpost and China at a glacial pace, until I reach Norway ! Time to grab a bench and enjoy a couple of fabulous Carlsberg beers while I enjoy the scenery (usually the Norwegian girls, who are incredibly beautfiul !)

9. Mexico: This is where it all falls apart. Amateurs will grab a margarita, because you have to get a margarita in Mexico, right ? Wrong. Do NOT introduce hard liquor into the mix at this point. It can get ugly. Just get a nice Dos Equis or Corona, to keep you hydrated until you wrap up the booze trip around the world at ....

10. OH CANADA ! THE HOME OF EXCELLENT BEERS ! Find the stand with the selection of Unibroue beers, order a tripple style La Fin Du Monde and get ready to put a cap in that 21st birthday jog.

This is also the point where the kids insist on going on a ride and by now, dad is more than ready to sleep his way through Spaceship Earth or the Universe of Energy.

Enjoy !

I want to go with you guys!!!

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I want video.

Dave suggests you try one of the Rieslings in Germany for a wine...but that would cause you to backtrack.

Have a great time and be safe!
    Meg
    DVC Owner at AKV and BCV
    Upcoming Trips
    6/11--AKV & BCV with Kim & Gary
    8/11--Alaska on the Disney Wonder
    6/12--AKV with Jess, BCV just the two of us
    6/14--AKV & BCV just the two of us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    Ditto!! Call me. (Not going until November-sigh)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    We'll be down there June 15 - 25 ! Can't wait !

As for white wine recommendations, here are a few you might not normally search out, but which I really enjoy (and I'm generally a red only guy):

Germany - Riesling, riesling, riesling. Look for the John Jos. Prum, especially. Remember Spatlese is almost honey like, Auslese is more reserved. The German shop has a whole riesling bar and I believe they offer a flight. If you like heavily oaked chardonnay with a buttery texture, you'll love spatlese riesling.

USA - the Crab Cake shed offers a selection of New York State wines, including a NY Riesling that is pretty nice, if somewhat thin compared to Germany. Also look for the Sauvignon Blanc, which is crisper with far racier acidity.

France - go with the Pouilly-Fuisse, and refreshing white bordeaux blend of sauvignon blanc and semillon.

Italy - try the Fumaio; a plesant and very inexpensive hot weather wine served chilled.

Enjoy the trip !

Post Thanks / Like

Rosa Regale in Italy for sure! It goes perfectly with a piece of chocolate cake from the bakery in France.

Post Thanks / Like

In Francce they have these Grand Marnier Oranges slushy drinks which are to die for.
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

I'm BAAAAA-AAAAACK... and this is how it went....

my birthday was FABULOUS and also very delicious... started off with a fiesta margarita in Mexico (AWESOME) and a large churro to soak it up..haha.... my boyfriend was also drinking along with me as were our fathers so I just kind of chilled out in Norway while some beer (eww) was consumed. China was the Green Lychee Mist - tequila, melon liqueur and cream - DELICIOUS. I don't know what possessed me to get it since nobody even recommended it but it was SOOOO GOOOD - couldn't even taste the tequila, but there were some nice warm fuzzies nonetheless..haha... after that it all gets a bit jumbled but I had a Bellini, a lemon grey goose slush, and one and a half welsh dragons at the Rose and Crown. I was pretty well done for after that. My boyfriend and our dads had some tasty beers all the way around (if such a thing exists). All in all, an excellent trip I'd say.
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

During the F&WF, I had a mango gingerita and it was delicious - sweet and spicy and frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

There is definitely plenty to choose from so I'm sure you'll have a blast!! Maybe you can find some other WS barhoppers to buy you a drink on your 21st and it won't be so expensive!!! I can't wait to try these grey goose slushies everyone's hollarin' about! I would recommend you stay OFF Mission Space- I made that mistake the first time I went on it was after indulging in the F&W festival and I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening in my hotel room in bed.
    88- Grand Floridian
    98- All Star Sports
    00- Caribbean Beach
    03- Port Orleans FQ
    09- Pop- FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink2002 View Post
    I'm BAAAAA-AAAAACK... and this is how it went....

my birthday was FABULOUS and also very delicious... started off with a fiesta margarita in Mexico (AWESOME) and a large churro to soak it up..haha.... my boyfriend was also drinking along with me as were our fathers so I just kind of chilled out in Norway while some beer (eww) was consumed. China was the Green Lychee Mist - tequila, melon liqueur and cream - DELICIOUS. I don't know what possessed me to get it since nobody even recommended it but it was SOOOO GOOOD -
    oooooh! Can't wait to try that next time!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: