Quantcast Survivor: Tocantins - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy. I got into it right away! That Ben "Coach" guy is going to be a trip and Brendan became an instant favorite for expressing his true opinion of Coach's attitude to the camera. Sandy has got to go. I found her very annoying and trading her chance to make a good impression with the tribe for a chance at a one-off idol was truly short-sighted and not very bright. But Carolina was the right choice this week because her baby voice was grating and now I don't have to hear it again.

I didn't like Sierra at first, but then she made the right moves and I think she might be worth watching. I hope her tribe doesn't discount her too easily. Taking Coach out early in a blindside would be a lot of fun.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    I thought it was good, not sure what Sandy was thinking with the sneaking off parts though as I was sure it would backfire on her.

Brazil looks really interesting, and the heat seems to be a big factor for sure. (why exactly do they not need to boil the water this time, did I miss something?)
    They were given water initially among the supplies on the truck but one team claimed to have taken it all, so I'm not sure what the other team is doing. I assume the water they were given is clean bottled water. With the extreme heat, it's possible that both teams are being given clean water rations to start off just to prevent health risks. Or maybe I missed something, too.
    Last edited by SBETigg; 02-13-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: added comment
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    They were given water initially among the supplies on the truck but one team claimed to have taken it all, so I'm not sure what the other team is doing. I assume the water they were given is clean bottled water. With the extreme heat, it's possible that both teams are being given clean water rations to start off just to prevent health risks. Or maybe I missed something, too.
    one scene had them filling water right from the river because they said they drank it all on the hike..and they didn't get the flint till after the challenge. (plus wasn't naked guy filling up water as well?)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they're given water other than what they had. But what do I know. I know on season "Bobby" suffered pretty bad from dehydration. It may be that the medical crew does give them a very very limited amount to keep them from getting really sick.

I think Sandy needs to watch herself. She got lucky but I'm afraid she might get a little "mouthy". The rest of them seem to have bonded pretty good on the hike.

"The girl in the black striped dress"...Sasha/Shera or whatever (sighh...whatever happened to simple "coffee cup" names...Susan, Mary, Kathy...Moon Unit)...anyway...I thought she did good getting the shelter together...I think I would have been inclined to take a quick gander on the beach for the idol then jump on the shelter as quickly as possible...be working actively when they showed up.

Kinda weird how...the Jalapaos showed up earlier than the other tribe.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as they did that immediate vote, you knew the "older" woman was going to get it! Sometimes I even wonder why they put the token older people on there. They're not always voted off immediately, but it usually happens pretty fast.

Coach reminds me of Steven Seagal with that hair pulled back and his way of speaking! He's too arrogant for my tastes. I hope he goes fast!

No one stands out too much yet. The young male student, Spencer, seems like a decent, rational kind of guy. He was the first one to mention that Sandy might not be a good choice to vote out after her performance at the immunity challenge.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RenDuran View Post
    I'm definitely excited! It's time for me to start claiming the television on Thursday nights again!
    I'm so tired of watching political news. Last night was different. I'm glad they are mixing it up some. Sandy should have already had the idol. She didn't know what a pace was and apparently didn't know what a palm tree was because the lone palm tree was easy to see. I don't think she found it but I didn't hear Jeff say anything about "If anyone has the idol" so she wouldn't have been able to play it anyway. She irritates me but I'm glad they voted off Carolina.

A PP asked how one team got there so quickly to their camp. J.T. knew how to read a map and compass and took them on a short cut. I think it was their team that got there quickly. Seems like none of them really stood out last night as to a front runner on either team.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Sandy should have already had the idol. She didn't know what a pace was and apparently didn't know what a palm tree was because the lone palm tree was easy to see. I don't think she found it but I didn't hear Jeff say anything about "If anyone has the idol" so she wouldn't have been able to play it anyway. She irritates me but I'm glad they voted off Carolina.
    Yes, that was so funny last night! What's a pace? Seriously? I couldn't believe it. I think they may have edited Jeff or he didn't say it because they knew she didn't have it, may have asked off camera. I think if there was a chance that someone had it, he would have given it a chance to come into play.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Erinn is from here so my allegiance will be with her until she annoys me or someone else strikes a chord with me.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

About not boiling the drinking water....I watched the preview show on the TV Guide channel (yes, I'm a geek) and Jeff Probst said that the water in the river was so clean that the Survivors could just drink right out of it without boiling it first.

I'm really enjoying this season so far. It's off to a good start.
    Meg
    DVC Owner at AKV and BCV
    Upcoming Trips
    6/11--AKV & BCV with Kim & Gary
    8/11--Alaska on the Disney Wonder
    6/12--AKV with Jess, BCV just the two of us
    6/14--AKV & BCV just the two of us

Post Thanks / Like

So what did you think about tonight? J.T. is really emerging as a leader and knows how to do a lot. Of course, I'm cheering him on since he is from here. I'm not sure about Debbie because I haven't seen much of her to see what she is capable of. I'll reserve opinion on the second person from AL until later. I didn't think I was going to like J.T. but I do.

I think the lawyer shot herself in the foot by running her mouth too much. She was a good competitor in the challenges and I think they will be sorry they got rid of her instead of Coach. He didn't do much in the competition for him to be a soccer coach.

I saw Jeff today on Ellen and they showed some behind the scenes at TC. He was really swatting bugs and said they were terrible. He said it was rough out there in the wild between scenes with nothing to do. Poor guy! He said 4 people (mostly cameramen) got bitten by poisonous snakes and had to be airlifted out. I wondered if any ever got bitten like that out there. Uggg!

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I missed most of this week! From what I did see, I don't think I like Debbie much. I'm not a Coach fan.

Thanks for the updates on the water, from last week's show. I totally missed that they were able to drink safely there. Probably due to the naked guy in the water last week. Distracted.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Not too bright for Taj to tell everyone she's married to Eddie George. If she ends up telling everyone she's also a former pop star, I'd say she's definitely done.

Wonder if anyone is ever going to use the Exile Island twist of switching tribes? That could be interesting.

I'm glad they got rid of Candace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Not too bright for Taj to tell everyone she's married to Eddie George. If she ends up telling everyone she's also a former pop star, I'd say she's definitely done.

No doubt! Isn't the first rule of thumb to make your tribemates think you are just an "Average Joe" who needs the money?!?!?! I wonder why she didn't realize that at the time...she knew it at Exile...

I will say that I am, so far, really liking this season. They seem to have a pretty interesting group.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get Taj owning up to the NFL connection either. What was she thinking there?

I'm confused as to how Coach got everyone to go with that plan it was pretty weird considering how poorly he performed at the challenge do you suppose it was because they all couldn't see because of the rain?

The exile twist should make it interesting.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Taj, Taj, Taj, what were you thinking girl? You don't let it slip that you're the wife of a Heisman winner and former NFL running back!

I like that kid from Alabammy, the one who befriended the New York guy. Gosh, I wish I could remember names this early in the season.

I'm so done with Exile "Island" now though. I think they've run that storyline into the ground. The idol always gets found or blabbed about anyway, so never really gets used at Tribal because everybody knows when someone gets it.

So far so good on this season.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooGoofy View Post
    I'm really enjoying this season so far. It's off to a good start.
    Funny you made this comment. My family and some of my co-workers think that it is so boring - don't know if we will be able to stick to it. We all thought that last season was great, so probably will in hopes that it will pick up.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Finally caught up after missing the first two episodes live ...

Sandy = annoying. I know I'm supposed to admire her now for being such a tough competitor and all, but I don't. Sorry, but I just can't get past the whole "What's a pace??" thing. Buh-bye!

Don't like Coach at all ... I forget who said it, but his ego is going to do him in quickly. He sort of reminds me of the uppity Brit from last season. Very smug and arrogant. Buh-bye!

I was okay with the ones that got voted off going, as well. Buh-bye!

Taj ... not very bright, girlfriend! Can't believe she let that slip!

I don't have any clear favorites right now, although I do like the older African American gentleman and the 'Bama farmer.

So far, so good I guess. Not setting the world on fire but not as dull as some past seasons either. I really like this location.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't happy with who got voted off tonight. I think Jerry should have stayed even though he was sick. I think he probably would have gotten over it. How ironic is it that he had been to Iraq, Afghanistan, and who knows where else, but gets sick and can't function well after a few days in Brazil. You would think he would be tougher than that. I hope there wasn't something seriously wrong with him.

I would love to have seen Coach blindsided. Evidently, he didn't have a lot of control because no one voted with him.

August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...how disappointing. I really had the warm fuzzies for Jerry and wish they would have tossed Erinn instead. As soon as someone mentioned Jerry, her expression was so obvious. She needs to work on her poker face.

Coach is rather annoying, but I can't help watching him. He's like a bad car accident...you don't want to look (watch), but you just can't help yourself. What a psycho man!

Taj and Brendan (?) really need to be careful. I love the plan they have going, but they are going to be drawing attention to themselves. Glad they decided to include others and I really do hope they make it to the merge!! So glad to see he found the idol...he's cute!
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Coach is really well odd for lack of a better word. What was up with all that at tribal council? Is he more appealing in person or something or is everyone letting him go along thinking he's in charge or what? It's kinda mindboggling.

Sorry that Jerry got sick but it's pretty unusual to be ill and not have people pick you to vote because of it.

Overall I thought it was a good episode and the challenges look pretty interesting.
    Natalie

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: