Quantcast T Rex restaurant

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default T Rex restaurant

Is the T Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney open yet?? What special features so they have?? Can they accomodate food allergies??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

They are open but I have not been there yet.

It was not open my last trip in Sept. This link should get you information about the restaurant and the menu. http://www.trexcafe.com/Main/Eat.htm

I sounds pretty cool there have been some previous threads on T-Rex and all sounded pretty positive.

I would think that most restaurants would make provisions for dietary needs.

Have a great trip.

29 day till the next trip
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I do not believe that you can make reservations through Disney (yet??), but you can call the restaurant direct at 407-828-8739. They will take reservations up to 6 months in advance. We have one for January 30th.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been and it is a must see if you have young kids. However, be aware it is very loud. If you have been to a Rainforest Cafe, it is very similar in menu (just different names), lots and lots of selections. I am sure they can handle a special diet.
    July 1980 Disney Inn, June 1982 CR, June 1985 CR, June 1986 CR, June 1987 CR, December 1992 GF, December 2001 CR, November 2002 BC, November 2003 BC, November 2004 GF, October 2005 BC, October 2006 BC, March 2007 Swan, March 2008 Dolphin, May 2008 BC, October 2008 Swan, November 2008 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

You'll find some more info about T-Rex on this thread which started a bit earlier in the week.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I ate there last week. As a previous poster mentioned, the menu is pretty much like the Rain Forest's. And it is very noisy inside.

I didn't love it. The food was okay, but clearly you are paying for the atmosphere.

I guess I was hoping to see something more innovative either on the menu or inside the restaurant. It just didn't deliver.

If nothing else, it should ease the crowd at the Rain Forest. You can get the same meal, just choose between eating with dinosaurs or gorillas.
    John/kmo84

Post Thanks / Like

Talking T-Rex

If you go into WDW news, you can see the video on T-Rex it is great. For me, a little too noisy, so I'll stick to RFC, which is also noisy.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

T-Rex is noisy and if you are in the ice room it can be difficult to see the menu.
    I went 3 times in December and got a different meal entree each time, none of which I have seen on RFC menu. I thought you got alot of food compared to some places. The French Onion Soup was the best I have had at WDW and it is served in a caldron instead of a bowl. I actually had a bad experience at RFC at DTD this time. I waited for over an hour after my return time and still had not been called. I said the heck with it and walked in (granted ate at the bar) at T-Rex.
    By the way the bar seats at T-Rex are way more comfortable that the one's at RFC.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the day before Christmas...very, very loud.

The comment about the Ice Cave is correct, it's pretty dark and hard to see...

For some reason the whole place just didn't feel like it had been well thought out as far as traffic patterns go. We kept fearing that we'd knock down a kid or a server.

Food wasn't bad...I'd say eat at the bar...take in the room...pay and get out.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We just ate there a couple days ago with a large party, and the consensus was that most of our party really liked the food and the atmosphere. We had a couple small children who had a great time. The only negative that we saw was we were in the 'ice room', too. It's kind of a strange place to eat with the lighting changing so much. I think when we go back (and we will go again), we'll ask for one of the other rooms. The comparison to RainForest is accurate - very similar with dinos instead of gorillas and elephants. But the food was good and their chocolate dessert (called 'extinction') was very popular at our table!

Post Thanks / Like

I keep hearing about the "ice room", but what are some of the other rooms?
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: