Quantcast American Idol Season 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default American Idol Season 8

America's favorite TV show returns next week. First stop? Phoenix.

"American Idol" will offer auditions from that city on the season premiere from 8 to 10 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13, on Fox.

The next stop? Kansas City, Mo., which is featured from 8 to10 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 14.

The biggest change this season will be quickly evident: Kara DioGuardi becomes the fourth judge, joining Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and the sharp, indispensable Simon Cowell.
    I can't wait to see what Kara DioGuradi brings to the mix. I like some of the changes this year. Also there is a great fansite that tries to track all the contestants that make it into the top 50. I've watched a few youtube clips and listened to some music from some of the contestants and I think there's definitely some promise. There are a few more "ringer" rumors again this year but you know what-I don't even care anymore. I was all up in arms last year about Carly Smithson and I don't even know why. By the time she got kicked off I liked her, and she was one of my favorite performers on the tour. Here's to a season of less bad auditions, less audition episodes, more Hollywood exposure, and the return of the Wildcard!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder, tomorrow night is the premiere! Hopefully I won't be conversing with myself the entire season
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready

Nope I'm ready, has someone figured out exactly how many hours of our lives we are going to commit to this season??
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot. I've already had to reprogram my Tivo to make room for AI.

Let the auditions begin
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the premiere! I thought the balance was a lot better in terms of showing the good singers vs the bad. I think it was almost 2:1 good:bad. Although they waste SO much time making them sing the "theme" song for each city (in this case, Wanted Dead or Alive) while they splice in looks and comments from the judges reacting to something different.

No one completely blew me away, although I was touched by the blind guy's story and I did like his voice. He did look out of place without a piano though. I liked the girl with all the tattoos who sang Barracuda, but I've read on fan blogs that they don't think she makes it through Hollywood.

The bikini girl incident was really weird and has me questioning if I like Kara or not yet. I got her point, that while the girl hit the notes, she had no passion- but to make that point by attempting to "Show her how it's done" made her seem full of herself.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Barracuda girl was probably the best of the bunch.

Bikini girl ... let's just say that I wasn't as smitten with her bod as AI seemed to be and I thought her talent was sub-marginal. I do agree, though, that Kara came off as being very catty with her. Overall, I liked Kara, though.

The one girl towards the end ... kinda plain ... sang (I think) Sitting on the Dock of the Bay ... she was pretty good. I liked her voice a lot. She just needs to get dolled up a little bit.

It was a good first show. I agree it seemed a little more balanced, a little less cheesy, and a little less nasty than last year.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. Wonder if AI has run it's course for me. Even with the new judge and new set, I wasn't that excited tonight. Kind of a boring premiere for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked Kara. Did Bikini Girl hit the right notes? I don't think she did. She seemed really off to me. I can't believe they put her through. Kara seems to have a very right to the point delivery of her opinions that could be cutting, too. Perhaps to show us that Simon isn't so mean, the business is simply a harsh one with no room for mediocrity. Paula has never seemed really professional but more there to identify with the contestants. It's a nice balance.

I think some of the contestants who weren't put through, and clearly wouldn't be, seemed like fun people, generally nice and aware, and there weren't as many of the severely self-deluded or deliberately idiotic auditions so far.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

The one girl towards the end ... kinda plain ... sang (I think) Sitting on the Dock of the Bay ... she was pretty good. I liked her voice a lot. She just needs to get dolled up a little bit.

Do you mean the chick that sang "Put the Records on?"
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Bikini girl ... let's just say that I wasn't as smitten with her bod as AI seemed to be and I thought her talent was sub-marginal.
    I agree with this completely. Other than the shock value what was the point of this girl????? I guess it makes for good TV as she is probably who most folks are talking about today. Her voice was nothing special that's for sure and I don't think she had spectacular "star quality" looks either.

The Barracuda girl looks to be this years version of Smithson and every other "Rocker Girl" to go through the auditions. She can probably belt out a gravely power ballad but will be gone in the first few weeks IF she makes it to the finals.

All in all, not a bad premier night. At least we didn't have to see some foul mouthed punk spew about "AI not having a clue and America will hear from me yet", etc.........
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Do you mean the chick that sang "Put the Records on?"
    Nope ... I looked her up. Her name was Deanna Brown and she did, in fact, sing Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

i am kind of on the fence about this season. so far i do not care for the new judge. and from what i saw that went through to hollywood not one really was a standout. hopefully tonights show will be better.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

The premiere was pretty good, I thought there was a good balance of good and awful singers. The last guy was very good.
    Did you see the guy with the really low voice? I couldn't believe that was real!!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I fell asleep before the end last night, but early on there were a couple of gems.

There were two girls that I thought had a shot to make the top 10 and one guy I thought was really good, too.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, so night 2, and I'm still a little underwhelmed. I'll be interested to see how far Jason Castro's brother goes. The 'lalalala' attitude, just like Jason, may wear on my nerves again if he makes it through the Hollywood round. Otherwise, there were a few that got through which really surprised me. I really liked the guy who just lost his wife though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I really liked the guy who just lost his wife though.

I liked this guy too.
    I thought the tall band director guy was good too.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, the guy who lost his wife was really good, too.

I think the guy I was thinking of was the band director, though.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Wow. Talk about lack of interest.

Two new episodes and no new posts. Not a good sign for Fox! Not to mention Disney.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to rate at this point, I think. We've seen some good, some really good, and some bad and I think they all blend together. I've been surprised at some of the people they're putting through to Hollywood. Kara is wearing on me now. She's new yet apparently she thinks she knows how the show should work over Simon. She doesn't get any points for needling him, in my opinion. Maybe she was just having an off day in Louisville.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Did anyone feel like that scene with her and the girl who "was voted funniest in high school" felt really staged.

I don't know why, but I did not buy that as genuine at all. Kara isn't a very good actress and it just came across as being completely staged.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: