Quantcast Varcity who?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Varcity who?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Varcity who?

Welllllllll, Varcity has been in a semester long hibernation! Yes, it has been a difficult semester. Lots of work on my studies, applications for a scholarship and for colleges (I won the scholarship and will find out if I won the state and nation nomination in April), and I have been playing basketball at my Junior College. We are currently 16-2 and number 8 in the state, 3rd in northern California. I'm too white to play much, but I try!

I mostly check my emails and my fantasy sport leagues when I'm online, so I don't come around Intercot much. Although, I just checked out smallworlds, how many of us are on there? I might be interested. I miss the conversations!

So, for christmas my parents are taking us to WDW! WOOT, April 3rd-11th if you're planning on going or being there then. I can tell anyone what they should and should not do at DLR. Where to eat and shop and rides and short cuts, what not. But I don't know much about WDW! So I have a few questions:

1) At DLR we can ride in the wheel house on the Mark Twain, ride the Lilly Bell on the DLR railroad. Is there anything in WDW that we can do like that? Are there any secretive things guests can do that most don't know about?
    2) Where are some must eat restaurants? I am planning on getting a reservation at Cinderella's Castle. Any where else?
    3) Anything that you guys love to do that I definitely need to do.

Well, I miss everyone. Hope everyone is safe (Except Ice who is never safe...) and had a great New years and Holiday season!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone is safe (Except Ice who is never safe...)
    Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat?!?!?!? Are you... did you just...how dare...Arggghhh!!!! You realize my wife is a profesional who travels the world providing specialized courses developed by her company and used by corporations all over called "Safety 24/7"????
    Of course... I don't always walk the walk, do I?

Even though I have been impugned, I shall offer;
    PLACES TO EAT: Kona Cafe at the Polynesian (Sticky Wings!!!!!) - Yes, do the Castle! Also check out the Biergarten/Oktoberfest and Akershus over at Epcot as well as Marakesh (if you like belly dancers!) We always try for things you can't get back home, so generally Mexican & Chinese are off limits!
    LOVE TO DO: Rock-n-Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror (a little more to it than the DCA version), Everest, Test Track, Mission Space... Gosh, so much to do.
    Yeah yeah yeah, I am sure there are others who can recommend other things and maybe even know some in's and out's (I don't go regularly enough I guess to know the "special" things) but I just like the basics and relaxing... eat, drink, be merry! Oh yeah, and BE SAFE!!!!
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, varcity's alive! So glad to hear from you! Applications can keep a person busy, good luck I can't offer much help on WDW since I'm not a regular visitor, but I hope you have lots of fun, and drop by once in a while!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Ice! I never meant not to be safe. Just saying that it felt like an impossibility for you. Honestly, I only know one other person besides you who applies to Murphey's Law

We are not fully booked yet for our trip. I know we are thinking the Grand Floridian (Beautiful place), the Fort Wilderness (Been there twice already), and the Polynesian. So I'll be on the look out for sticky wings!!!! And now I am 21, I will also enjoy the biergarten as well. oh fine German girl, please serve me unt bier!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It is so nice to hear from you Varcity. Good luck on the schlorships. My Son Kyle went through all that a couple of years ago. He is now at West Point.
    There are a group of us from here on SmallWorlds. I've been told that we try to get together on Friday evenings. I have only found Dot, Fig and Genie hanging out one evening (I hope I did not forget someone.). I really enjoy SmallWorlds as a replacement for VMK so that we can get together. My Son and I have even met there to play pool.
    As for WDW I am not a regular as I have only had the pleasure of going there twice. The breakfast in Cinderella's Castle was really nice. We took the Segway Tour on our last trip there, and I would suggest that.
    Well, welcome back. I hope to see you in SmallWorlds, I am TinkCollector there as I was in VMK. Are you Varcity?
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

Varcity who? Oh you mean the one that was trying to embarrass us that one day in the park a few months ago.

You guys are going to WDW without your mummy cat? Tell Mom to send a ticket this way.

Let us know about the scholarship when you hear. That's awesome.

Let me know when you want to get on SmallWorlds. Its usually early Fri nights when the VMK gang gets on. We had Figgie, Nachocat, SparkleMeTink, me and Snarky on last Fri night. We finally found Krazy Kim over the holidays also. DotRocks, Dino and Genie are also regulars.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey weren't you that tall dude at the park last October???

Glad things are going well for you at school and hope you have a wonderful trip to WDW! I've only been once so I'll leave the tips to the experts.

Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

I would never embarrass anybody!!!

Ya know, I was on small worlds for about a hour the other day, and in that hour I saw an entire phone number handed out and something pretty vulgar said. I'm not sure I want to go back on.

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

The must do is stop by NJ and pick me up and I will then be your personal guide through the Magic I will work for food
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Pay no attention to the gummy-lover in Jersey!!!!

Sounds like you're a busy guy, Varcity - glad you're alive and well. It's nice to 'see' you around here.

I will see if I can drop by WDW while you're there. Dino will be in WDW so you'll have to go bug / embarrass him...

When riding the monorail (especially from the TTC to Epcot) - you can ask to sit in the cockpit.

If you do take Figgie to MK - remember to take him on iasw (it's his favorite ride, don'tcha know)...

If Jungle Cruise is not busy, see if you can get a boat to yourselves and ask for a behind the scenes / history cruise - it's awesome.

Don't forget to ride the TTA many times. Also remember to see Festival of the Lion King, Spectromagic, and Fantasmic...
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take JP, no problem! Meet me in Miami and I'll shove you in my suit case from there

Where does Dino work at? I can stop by and spill some popcorn or something

iasw is my favorite and since figgie is coming with me he must go on with me, 20 times in a row!

I've read about the jungle cruise thing. I think I'll go on during the extra magic hour and see if I can't get a tour! Good tip!!!

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

He got spoiled last time he was at DLR with the train, the boat and beeped the monorail horn.

As far as embarrassing somebody, ah huh!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Varcity!

That's awesome you're going to be in WDW in April!

Yes I will be there but not so sure I should tell you where I don't want popcorn thrown at me although I will tell you its in the front entrance area so if I were you I wouldn't throw popcorn at me
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't have the picture of me beeping the monorail horn! And that did spoil me, probably one of my top five favorite moments at a disney park for sure!

Dino, I didn't say I'd throw it. Maybe a little girl would walk in front of me and I "trip" over her. Or maybe I'm looking the other way and I run into Mickey.. Many options. Many many options. I think I'll go into the park that day with an "I'm Varcity" shirt on and walk around the front

Dreaming of Imagineering

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: