Quantcast Tables In Wonderland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tables In Wonderland

We took the plunge and are using the 4/3 promo to go over Spring Break. The past few years we have gone for the free dining and bounceback offers in the Fall. So we have gotten spoiled on good meals. Debating the different dining plans, but am wondering if this plan would be any good. We have annual passes so do we only need 1 Tables in Wonderland card for the 4 of us to get the discount on the meals? I could see where spending $60 may be worth the 20% discount. Does anyone have any insight? Anyone use this before? What are your thoughts, please let me know.
    Thanks!
    MB
    Mary Beth
    12 time since 1992 - recaptured the Magic in 2005 and yearly or more since then.
    Next up: Fall 2015?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Ticket4 View Post
    We have annual passes so do we only need 1 Tables in Wonderland card for the 4 of us to get the discount on the meals? MB
    You only need one TinW card for your party of 4, in fact I think the card is good for up to a party 8 people.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine in November and covered the cost in the first 2 nights. I think we ended up saving close to $200 for the week. It covers food and beverage which is a big plus since we like to have wine/cocktails with dinner. An added bonus for us is that it doesn't expire until December 2009 so I will get another trip out of it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We've belonged to the former DDE, now Tables in Wonderland, for several years now and find it to be of great value. If you eat a TS each day, you'll get your biggest bang for the buck out of it.

Now that A/P holders are eligible to purchase the dining plan, DH had me crunch the numbers based on our planned TS meals along with our "adult beverages" at each sitting to see what is the bigger value. For us with our selected TS meals, we'll continue to save more money by utilizing our TiW card instead of purchasing the dining plan. Even with the 18% gratuity added in, it's still a great plan.

I should add that the savings on one meal @ LeCellier was $38 - and another meal's savings at Ohana was $22. That paid for the plan & we ate at many, many other TS locations which made the savings huge for our 15-day stay. And as a bonus we'll get to utilize the card again in June for a few hundred dollars more in savings.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Officially, the discount is good for up to 10 people on the same check, but people have reported getting the discount for as large of a group as 12.
    Dec 2002, All Star Music (1 yr anniversary)
    Dec 2001, All Star Movies (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much everyone! And from so many ppl in Illinois like me. Can we get the card when we check in or do we order ahead of time?
    PS - any of you Illinois folks who have any driving to WDW hints let me know.
    Mary Beth
    12 time since 1992 - recaptured the Magic in 2005 and yearly or more since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to hijack the thread, but am having trouble figuring out how this card is a benefit.
    Can someone help me with my math on this one? The card costs $65. It saves 20% at selected table service places. With the mandatory 18% gratuity the savings is 2%. With me so far? So on a $100 bill I save $2?
    Where am I going wrong. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoToo View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but am having trouble figuring out how this card is a benefit.
    Can someone help me with my math on this one? The card costs $65. It saves 20% at selected table service places. With the mandatory 18% gratuity the savings is 2%. With me so far? So on a $100 bill I save $2?
    You forgot the original tip that you were expected to leave. I'll explain. Even before the mandatory tip was added, you still were supposed to leave a tip (As a guide let say a minimum of 15% and 20% or more for excellent service. So when figuring out savings and whether the card is "worth it" or not for you as an individual. Examine you last trip's out of pocket expenses for all of your table service meals (and your quick service meals at values and Port Orleans Frenchquarter). Add in all of your tips that you left as well for the table service meals. Subtract 20% of those total bill costs. That's how much you are technically saving. But in some people's cases it is more than that because like me, they may have left in the past the 20% savings as the server's tip - (easy math says you are saving whatever you would have tipped normally), but now that it's a madadory 18% I've got the extra 2% in my pocket. That is, unless there was some excellent service rendered during the meal and then a individual can increase the tip at their own discretion.

At this rate, depending on how many people you have in your table party you can recover the cost of the TiW card in 2 or three meals. That's how people justifiy using the Tables in Wonderland card.

Hope this helps!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

That's how I think of it - discount on the food. We would be leaving a tip anyways so that would be a given. Plus for us, we are at POR and I think the food court is on the CS discount list for the card.
    Mary Beth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoToo View Post
    Unless you stiff the servers normally, it's a 20% discount. 18-20% is pretty much the accepted percentage for tips for good service. I have never had bad service using this card.

The fact that you get the discount on food and alcohol is great in my opinion. If you go to WDW sitdowns more than 3 or 4 times a year, it is definitely worth it!

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Portland, ME (1421 miles from the Magic!!)
    Post Thanks / Like

We find it a great value. We use it on our meals that are eaten at the food court (POFQ), and our TS meals. We must have saved at least $100 on this last 4 day trip alone, and we've had three trips this year with the card.

That said, if you are planning to eat most of your meals at quick service places within the parks, it probably won't be of great value to you as it isn't accepted at those locations.

"Veggie, veggie! Fruit, fruit!"
    Next Trip: April 2013 - POP
    Previous Trips: 11/12 – ASMu; 8/12 – ASMu; 2/12 - CSR; 12/08; 9/08; 5/08; 2/08 - POFQ; ‘06; ‘05; ’04- ASMu; ‘02-Offsite; ‘01-ASMo; ‘00; ‘99; ‘97-SOG; ‘96-FW Cabin; ‘94-CBR; ‘92-CBR; ‘90-CBR; ‘88-Poly; ‘86-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chick20679 View Post
    We find it a great value. We use it on our meals that are eaten at the food court (POFQ), and our TS meals. We must have saved at least $100 on this last 4 day trip alone, and we've had three trips this year with the card.

Wow! I didn't realize the TIW was accepted at POFQ! I knew Pop took it bacause they don't have a sit down restaurant. That's cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to have an annual pass to get this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFanatic View Post
    Do you have to have an annual pass to get this?
    You can either have an annual pass ($65) or be a Florida Resident ($85).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much everyone! And from so many ppl in Illinois like me. Can we get the card when we check in or do we order ahead of time?
    They've recently begun accepting memberships at the Guest Relations windows at each park. We exchanged our A/P vouchers our first day @ MK and purchased the TiW (DDE) card all at once. You could order it ahead of time if you have an activated pass, but we found it to be really convenient to get it when we arrived.

FYI, we paid $60 in July for our membership, not $65 . . .
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Unless you stiff the servers normally, it's a 20% discount.
    That made me laugh kind of loud. Now everyone at Starbuck's is looking at me. Thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    That made me laugh kind of loud. Now everyone at Starbuck's is looking at me. Thanks a lot.
    You're welcome! Did I get coffee through the nose?

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, WAIT A MIN, the TinW includes Liquor too??? I've never much looked into the DDE or now TinW, but I've just never heard of ANY discount program that discounts liquor. But if that's the case, it would SO be worth it's weight in cold! (haha, cuarvo gold that is!)
    Can someone just confirm for me... not that I don't trust, just cause it seems too good to be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    They've recently begun accepting memberships at the Guest Relations windows at each park. We exchanged our A/P vouchers our first day @ MK and purchased the TiW (DDE) card all at once.
    Just so I'm clear. Did you do anything before arival? (like how you do AP vouchers ahead of time) is there some sort of TinW voucher or anything. Or you just walked up to the window (w/ your AP voucher of course) and enrolled to be a TinW member? Do they print you up a card on the spot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Barbie View Post
    WOW, WAIT A MIN, the TinW includes Liquor too??? I've never much looked into the DDE or now TinW, but I've just never heard of ANY discount program that discounts liquor. But if that's the case, it would SO be worth it's weight in cold! (haha, cuarvo gold that is!)
    Can someone just confirm for me... not that I don't trust, just cause it seems too good to be true.
    It does cover alcohol at TS and many of the lounges.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Barbie View Post
    Just so I'm clear. Did you do anything before arival? (like how you do AP vouchers ahead of time) is there some sort of TinW voucher or anything. Or you just walked up to the window (w/ your AP voucher of course) and enrolled to be a TinW member? Do they print you up a card on the spot?
    The do it right at the window. FIrst they will print you AP and they they do the TinW.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: