Quantcast park passes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: park passes

Post Thanks / Like

Default park passes

If we wanted to stay in disney for 14 days and wanted a 14 day hopper pass how would we go about this because I heard that you could only purchase a 10 day pass at one time.thank you
    Trips To WDW
    WDW-1991-Off Site
    WDW-2001-Off Site
    WDW-2005-Off Site
    Aug 2006 all star movies
    Aug 2008 POP Century
    Aug 2009-POP

April 2010-ASMu
    Aug 2011 all star music

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For a stay of that length, I would seriously consider doing a cost-per-day analysis of an Annual Pass.

It might actually come out to be the same (or less) per day to buy an AP.

Also, if you think you might be back for another visit a year from now, just try to be back in 11 months (or anytime before the expiration date), and you'll be able to squeeze even more days into one AP.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm not the most experienced with the passes, but I also thought that 10 days is the most they sell. It seems to me you could purchase multiple passes (two 7-day passes?). But what could make more sense is to check out an annual pass. With that many days, it might be your most cost effective option.

Post Thanks / Like

Default passes

how much would an annual pass be?
    Trips To WDW
    WDW-1991-Off Site
    WDW-2001-Off Site
    WDW-2005-Off Site
    Aug 2006 all star movies
    Aug 2008 POP Century
    Aug 2009-POP

April 2010-ASMu
    Aug 2011 all star music

Post Thanks / Like

Before going any further, can you answer a few questions?

1) Do you plan on going to the water parks and/or Disney Quest, or will you be going strictly to the four man parks (MK, DHS, Epcot, AK)?

2) Is there really a chance of you returning to WDW within the next 12 months following this trip?

Your answers will affect the final answer to your question.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motherof4 View Post
    how much would an annual pass be?
    An AP for an adult, not including water parks, and with no other discounts, is $469. This comes out to $33.50 per day for 14 days (less, if you sneak another trip in).

A 10-day park hopper is $287. If you have to buy an additional 4-day park hopper, it's another $269, for a total of $556. That's $39.71 per day, and the days expire if not used. I didn't add the do-not-expire feature in these prices.

I'm not sure if I figured out the best way to compare these options, but my bet usually gravitates towards the AP. That way, I have even more reasons (as if I need more) to plan another trip to WDW within the next 12 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup... AP is your best bet. Plus, you get some AP discounts at various resturants and shops in the parks and at DTD with your AP. If you collect pins, you can get the AP pins that you wouldn't be able to get otherwise. They also send out mailings a few times a year. With our AP we got a couple of preview rides on TSM.

We were able to do a 13 day trip, a 5 day trip, and a 3 day trip in that year. We really would like to get more APs, but I am not sure it will work out this year.

I highly reccommend the AP!!!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Consider

You may want to seriously consider a 10 day hopper and adding the "Water Parks and More" option.

I know at the begining of a 14 day visit it's tempting to say "We're gonna go to at least one theme park every day" but it's like ordering (and paying for) 2 desserts before you've had the rest of the meal - you may well need a few non park days - as in 4 out of 14.

With "Water Parks and More" added to a 10 day hopper you'll have 10 (TEN!) visits to Water Parks, Disney Quest and more.

Since your MYW tickets expire 14 (14!) days after first use you can spread your days off across 2 weeks - and they'll feel like days off.

Really, with a 10 day hopper and 2 weeks to use it, you're going to need a vacation from your vacation!

DTDisney, sleep late, character meals at resorts outside the theme parks, HoopDeDoo, Watercraft, golf, horseback riding, etc. etc. etc.

Holy Goofy! I could think of a jillion non-theme park things to do during 4 days of a 2 week vacation at WDW.

Trust Uncle Greg.

See Intercot's Magic Your Way info here.

Post Thanks / Like

This is where I was going with my questions.

If you buy a 10-day pass with the water parks & more option, it will be significantly cheaper than an annual pass, as long as you are okay with not going to any of the 4 main parks for 4 days of your trip.

According in Intercot's Infocentral, prices, including sales tax, are as follows:

A 10-day park hopper costs $302.41, versus a basic AP at $499.49.
    A 10-day park hopper with the water park and more option costs $352.41, versus a premium AP at $637.94.

So it all depends on what you want to do on your trip.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

A quick cost analysis of Uncle Greg's idea yields the following:

A 10-day park hopper, with the water park option, will cost $337 for an adult, or $33.70 per day (based on going through a park's gate on 10 out of the 14 days).

Compared to the $33.50 per day that an AP would cost (based on going through a park's gate on all 14 days), the cost per day is almost identical.

So, you're still left with a few decisions.
    (A) If you will be spending at least 4 days "off" by not going to any parks, and you don't think you'll be back again next year, then Uncle Greg's idea is the way to go.
    (B) If you think you'll be going through a park gate on more than 10 days (i.e. days 11 - 14), and you think you'll be able to come back in 11.15 months, then the AP will save you some money.

Either way, you're going to WDW, so that's a fantastic win-win situation however you look at it.

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

either way your going to be the world for 14 days what could be better than that
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: