Quantcast Are Some WDW Visitors Just Plain FOOLS? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the cause of the irritation is listening to someone complain about something when they don't know what they're talking about. Like with my Seaworld example above - if he doesn't like dolphins, fine. Don't go to Seaworld. But it is so toxic and negative to go and then COMPLAIN because there is mostly just dolphins and stuff. Seriously, can't people at least read what something is all about so they don't go expecting something completely different? I guess I just find it such a "downer" when people complain - like a point I made in another post about "barfy face" icons to describe a restaurant that is just not someone's cup of tea, or how I almost felt insulted when someone said to me "Soarin' is so boring. Only an idiot would enjoy something so lame.". Well, since I like it, I guess that makes me an idiot.... Now, since you say you hate animals (*gasp*, *faint* how COULD you? LOL) fair enough - but at least you don't go to Animal Kingdom and then complain about it!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    Why does everyone care if someone doesn't want to go to a Park? I mean, yeah, if it's someone in your group that refuses to go to Epcot because they don't want to be educated on vacation and that happens to be your favorite Park, I can understand why you'd be so upset. But if it's a completely different family with completely different opinions, why get so upset over it?

And yes, Animal Kingdom is just another zoo (I can't stand animals) and although I love Expedition Everest, I can live without it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more. ANd though I personally do find Soaring ratehr borin, I woudl not judge you for saying you liked it (though I may make fun of you when your not around for it. Heheh)
    In the end it is about educating yourself Disney and if you choose not to that's fine, but complaining about it to those of us who are here and trying to have a good time is just dissheartening and for that, those people do deserve slap in the face with a wet fish

D

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I think the cause of the irritation is listening to someone complain about something when they don't know what they're talking about. Like with my Seaworld example above - if he doesn't like dolphins, fine. Don't go to Seaworld. But it is so toxic and negative to go and then COMPLAIN because there is mostly just dolphins and stuff. Seriously, can't people at least read what something is all about so they don't go expecting something completely different? I guess I just find it such a "downer" when people complain - like a point I made in another post about "barfy face" icons to describe a restaurant that is just not someone's cup of tea, or how I almost felt insulted when someone said to me "Soarin' is so boring. Only an idiot would enjoy something so lame.". Well, since I like it, I guess that makes me an idiot.... Now, since you say you hate animals (*gasp*, *faint* how COULD you? LOL) fair enough - but at least you don't go to Animal Kingdom and then complain about it!
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

I talk with friends that are going and let them know what I like and why. It is just as important when I talk with my friends about WDW that I keep what they like and dislike. This is just as important as what I like. Everyone has a choice as to what they do. All people that love WDW should do is share their joy with others that ask them and not offer it to people that they do not know unless they are asked. To do otherwise is just plain rude and intrusive. IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

"Are Some WDW Visitors Just Plain FOOLS?"

...Okay, you caught me...guilty as charged...

My name is Andrea, I am a FREQUENT WDW Visitor and I am a FOOL...

I was born on April 1st.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...to seriously answer your question, yes, there are most certainly foolish WDW visitors. But, I believe most of those are first-timers...hopefully, the ones who enjoy their visit decide to come back and, you would think, they would become more educated about WDW accordingly. Otherwise, to the ones who refuse to visit parks based on erroneous presumptions, I say it's their loss.
    Andrea

Dec. '96- All Star Sports

May '98- Caribbean Beach Resort
    Dec. '98- All Star Sports
    Jan. '00- Off Site
    Dec. '01- All Star Sports
    Dec. '03- All Star Sports
    Jan. '05- Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. '06- Pop Century
    Aug. '06- All Star Movies
    Next Trip: Jan. '09- Running the half marathon

Post Thanks / Like

If I hadn't spent quality time years ago doing a bit of pre trip research...I would never have gotton as much out of my earlier trips as I did.

Years later....I now know how to plan my trips and get the most out of every park.

Anyone I talk to about Disney I always tell to do a little reading and make a plan. While I don't plan out each ride etc in each park...I do plan what parks to hit on what days and based on the time of day know which areas are best to hit.

While not a fan of AK...there are things there we do enjoy so we go, do what we like and then leave.

Same with DHS...not a huge fan but there are things there my DS LOVESSSSSS so we go, enjoy and move on.

Epcot and MK are our 2 favs. We never get tired of either.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My mother in law asked me if EPCOT was air-conditioned! Yeah, sure it is!! Florida air!!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We have friends that have been going twice a year, for 7 days at a time, for about 6 years now. They only visit one park each visit and have never been to AK and just went to HS for the first time this year. They had never even heard of Fantasmic or Toy story mania. They always tell us that they always just go to Disney World, referring to The Magic Kingdom. The really funny thing is they are DVC owners. I always ask them if they have done this or seen that. But, they seem to just stay at the resort in the pool all the time. I think I could find a cheaper place to do that than WDW. I quess I will never get it.
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I wish people would understand the magic of disney in all the parks! Every park has it not only MK, i promise!
    Disney World
    My home away from home

Last Trip: ESPN Weekend 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdrlkr View Post
    We have friends that have been going twice a year, for 7 days at a time, for about 6 years now. They only visit one park each visit and have never been to AK and just went to HS for the first time this year. They had never even heard of Fantasmic or Toy story mania. They always tell us that they always just go to Disney World, referring to The Magic Kingdom. The really funny thing is they are DVC owners. I always ask them if they have done this or seen that. But, they seem to just stay at the resort in the pool all the time. I think I could find a cheaper place to do that than WDW. I quess I will never get it.
    Now that's amazing! There's definitely a cheaper place for pool time than WDW!
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is a half a day and outta there.

No Im not a fool
    We are Siamese if you please

Contemporary Hotel Nov 1971
    Fort Wilderness 1974 & 75 (Ithink)
    Senior Trip 1983 off site
    Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter Feb '09
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I get your point, but anyone who says that someone is an idiot because they don't like the same ride as you is probably like that with everything, and to call others names just because of petty differences in ride choices is pretty mean.
    Oh, and just so you know, it's the smell Even though they are beautiful, the animal smell makes me sick...and I get kind of bored just watching them, although it's funny to think that they are looking at us people and thinking stuff like, "I'd hate to be a human, just walking around all day, staring at us and taking pictures" lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    I get your point, but anyone who says that someone is an idiot because they don't like the same ride as you is probably like that with everything, and to call others names just because of petty differences in ride choices is pretty mean.
    Oh, and just so you know, it's the smell Even though they are beautiful, the animal smell makes me sick...and I get kind of bored just watching them
    See that I have no problem with at all if you've been to a park or even a ride and you decided you don't like it then that is fine don't go why should anybody say you should go if you don't enjoy it? It's your vacation you should have fun.

Where I get slightly annoyed is with people that are judging based on something they know nothing about because they've never been. For example like the person who overheard somebody saying they wouldn't go to Epcot because it was educational. They had never been yet they were judging it. I don't even care that they will miss out that is their choice. I don't like the fact that they could possibly go home and tell a friend or family member who is about to go that there wasn't much to do and their opinion of Epcot and make it sound like they had gone when they never had. It's kind of like the saying Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover. That is what they seem to do.

Now I will say I have first hand experience at this. Not so much a park but there have been rides that I would always skip because I didn't think I would enjoy them. However one trip I finally decided to give it a try and you know what I really liked it. It made me upset that all those other trips I had skipped it because I didn't think I would like it. So its really taught me to try things before you pass judgement on whether you would like it or not.

Like I said if you've tried it and don't like it that is fine why should you keep going somewhere or doing something you don't enjoy but you should at least try it once because if you don't you'll never know what your missing.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Why does anyone feel slighted or angry because someone else does not find a something as wonderful as you think it is? The older I get the more tolerant I become to others likes and dislikes. If someone does not see any of the parks like I see them, that is fine with me. I happen to think Vegas is terrible, I happen to think thrill rides don't belong at Epcot and I think Disney can't do anything wrong. It's how I feel, and it is alright if you don't feel the same.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get as upset when people say they dislike something, but I do get annoyed when people ask ridiculous questions.

I just returned from a trip 2 days ago, and I was asked where the Epcot Hotel was. While I was on a bus to AK. Its just astounding that some people put absolutely no effort into researching where they are going to, especially someplace like WDW.
    A llama? He's supposed to be dead!

(starting last year...)
    Feb 08- 4 days at Saratoga Springs
    Apr 08- 6 days at Old Key West
    July 08- 10 days at Beach Club Villas
    Christmas 08- 6 days at Beach Club Villas
    April 09- 2 days at Universal Studios Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

We had the family over last night for a belated Christmas and the conversation drifted to WDW since they know we are going back this spring. The SIL said the same thing as before: "I don't get it. How can you keep going back."

My daughter and I finally quizzed her (more if an interregation) asking: "Did you do this, did you ride that." No and no. They really didn't do anything but wander around....... No wonder they didn't get it.

As I said in a prior post....why on earth would you spend that kind of money if you aren't going to do anything?

We proceeded to show her the pictures from one of our recent trips, pointing our everything they had missed. Maybe we'll do a girl's only trip and introduce her to the real WDW.
    Disneyland '81
    Holiday Inn Maingate '83
    DL Hotel '94
    Paradise Pier '95
    DL AP's '95-'00
    DL Hotel '02
    BC '03
    Poly '04
    BWI '04
    WL '04
    Coronado Springs '09
    Poly '09

Post Thanks / Like

When we first went to WDW, we were kind of ignorant and didn't see everything in all the parks because they "didn't look interesting" or had heard they weren't much fun. But the next time we went, I decided to get a book and research some. DH didn't want to hear anything about what I read or read it himself and still had the same opinion about WDW, a theme park with roller coasters. I don't ride roller coasters so skipped a lot of the rides. But I enjoyed the atmosphere so much that we kept going back. Finally DD pointed me to Intercot and I have learned so much on here that I would never have gotten from a book. I put the DVD on one night and DH actually watched it with me and was astonished at all he had been missing. So the last time we went, just he and I, we explored every single thing in all of the parks. Now we really know what we do and do not want to see or skip next time.

It doesn't bother me if someone else doesn't like something I do. That is their right. The same things don't appeal to everyone. What I don't like is someone passing on their opinions to someone else, i.e. "don't bother with that one, there's nothing to do there" or "don't bother to go to Ak, it's just a zoo." and that person taking their word for it instead of experiencing it themselves. Along the way, I've tried to give little hints and advice to friends making a trip, so as to not sound overbearing but hoping to get them to explore a little, and have either been met with turned up noses at the advice or either smiles and thanks for cluing them in. Some people just don't know there are ways out there to research the parks or don't have the time to do it. I always just say, "Go to Intercot. There is more information on there about the parks and resorts than you would ever want to know." Most have thanked me later. But if someone doesn't want to go to Epcot for the "educational" benefit, that's fine with me. More room for me and shorter lines. They would research a cruise or European trip before going, why not the parks at WDW?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I have given advice about planning ahead for trips to Disney World. A few times were have been asked about what to see or eliminate because of time. I always give them a guide book and have them rank rides, shows, etc... 1, 2, or 3 as to what they want to experience. As family they can decide what they want to do and develop a plan from there. We are willing to help people if they want. One couple we know went down without planning. They were going to wing it. When they got back they had already decided that they would plan better the next time. Most people learn from experience.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

It's an interesting thing. The reason most of us start out as members here on INTERCOT is because we are looking for information for an upcoming trip to Disney World. I would lay bets that we all are, by nature, more likely to research any vacation that we are going on, Disney or not. I know that is the case for me. I like to research and plan for my family's annual trips, that is part of the fun. However, there are a lot of people out there that rarely go on vacation anywhere and so the idea of actually doing extensive information-gathering before a trip is a foreign idea and something they may never understand.

I have a niece who is married to an airline pilot and potentially could go some great places inexpensively, but they hardly ever leave their home state (well, he does, but mainly as part of his job, of course). A couple of years ago they finally decided to take their girls on a trip to Disney World. I gave her a few tips on where to go to gather some information (INTERCOT being number one on the list, of course) but I know she spent very little time actually doing that. After they returned, I could tell she felt very underwhelmed by their experience at WDW, saying it was "not as much fun as I expected it to be". Of course, they had barely hit any of the highlights (despite my urging to stay there longer, they were only at WDW itself for three days before they headed over to one of the beaches). The thing is, if someone is not the type of person who is used to researching and planning they will probably never get the appeal of WDW, or many other places they go.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see them as being foolish for only taking 3 days to WDW and not hitting everything you suggested. Chances are they just don't want to dish out that much money in one place, or were interested in what you suggested, but I'm sure they still had fun. What I don't understand is how people need to take a full 2 weeks at WDW and still say they didn't have enough time to do it all. I'm guessing it's because since I'm a local, I could go visit for a day and be done. I've been able to hit all 4 parks in one day before and that's what I'd usually do for a trip out to Disney, and get my money's worth. For 3 days, I can easily see do MK one day, Epcot another, and AK/MGM the last.
    Skipper's General Warning!
    Reading of this signature might result in the following:
    Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
    Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
    Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is a half a day and outta there.

No Im not a fool
    I agree. I don't think I'm a fool because I've done everything Epcot has to offer at least once and it just doesn't interest me.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: