Quantcast Great Movie Ride / FIRE!!! (Western Scene)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Movie Ride / FIRE!!! (Western Scene)

Did that get your attention. Well it sure got my attention when the ride story changed and the fire sequence was back during the back robbery scene.
    I won't give away the details of the new scene but it was excellent.
    This was just a few weeks ago when my wife and I visited. I just thought of it now and figured I'd post.
    Has this change up been going on for awhile or did the imaginners just bring it back.
    Really adds excitement to the show. And we love it.
    86 Polynesian
    99 Coronado Kids 1st time
    04 Joined DVC
    09 DCL Wonder
    So many memories to list here. We love WDW!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe its always been this way however there are two sequences. One is a Ganster scene which they show most often. The other is a western scene that isn't shown as often but it is the one that has the fire.

But I must agree the scene with the fire is much better in my opinion and I've actually waited a couple car loads before to make sure I got to see that version
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Aaah! You scared me! We haven't done the Great Movie ride in over a year. Glad there was no real fire!!!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb26 View Post
    I believe its always been this way however there are two sequences. One is a Ganster scene which they show most often. The other is a western scene that isn't shown as often but it is the one that has the fire.

But I must agree the scene with the fire is much better in my opinion and I've actually waited a couple car loads before to make sure I got to see that version
    That's correct. They only show the bank scene when it's busy, because they run two trams at once. The first gets the gangster scene and the second stays behind and gets the Western scene with the fire.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We got the western scene for the first time in Septmeber and It was absolutley brilliant.

This is one of my favourite rides in Disney world and my sister has to stop me riding it again and again.

The two different scenes just make it even better
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That's correct. They only show the bank scene when it's busy, because they run two trams at once. The first gets the gangster scene and the second stays behind and gets the Western scene with the fire.
    Hey Ian, hate to argue with you, but its actually reversed. The first tram gets the western scene and the 2nd the gangster
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...not sure about the sequence thing. We just saw the western/fire scene for the 1st time a few weeks ago. (We've been on the ride several times - we love it!) We didn't know anything about it, so it was a great surprise for us. However, we always go at non-crowded times and always pretty much walk on this ride (there's a line, but it moves continuously and we're in a "car" within less than 10 minutes). So I don't see the crowd having much to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly had no idea they even still did the Western scene. We got to Disney every year and have always gone on this ride. And we have not seen the Western scene in...maybe ten years or so. We usually go during Christmas, but have also been during the off-season. I'm really surprised to hear that the Western scene still exists, as I had assumed it had been retired or cut back. In addition, I know for a fact that on several of those trips we were in the first car (we were even in the first ROW once), and still, no Western scene. Which would lead me to guess that if they are only running one car, they do the bank scene more often than the Western scene.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Western scene to the gangster scene.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

In all the years we have gone we have only been on the gangster scene. I told my hubby one day I would love to see the western scene because all of our friends have seen the western scene. Glad to hear it is still an option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    Hey Ian, hate to argue with you, but its actually reversed. The first tram gets the western scene and the 2nd the gangster
    Ian is correct on this and it really depends on how busy the attraction is running.

The first tram NEVER gets the bank fire scene but the second tram may or may not get the bank fired scene. Seems to be a hit or miss on the second tram as I've experienced it both ways.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Ian is correct on this and it really depends on how busy the attraction is running.

The first tram NEVER gets the bank fire scene but the second tram may or may not get the bank fired scene. Seems to be a hit or miss on the second tram as I've experienced it both ways.
    I'm pretty sure that Imagineer1981 is correct. The gangster area is before the western area on the track, so the first tram gets the western scene and the second tram gets the gangster scene simultaneously when both scenes are in operation and two trams are running through the attraction at the same time.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

In our many trips through the Great Movie Ride (at least 20) we have only seen the gangster shoot-out scene. I kept telling my DD that a western version exists and she simply did not believe me. How could we possibly be on a ride that many times and witnessed the same scene every time so I actually started believing myself that there was no way it existed. Well, last week, of the five times we went on the GMR, we saw the Western scene 3 times!! It was excellent!
    ºOº KATHY, addicted since 1989 ºOº

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

You can ask if the Western scene is running and then ask if you can see it. That's what I did for my mom on our last visit. She had never seen the Western scene and I had rarely seen the Western scene so after riding the ganster scene, exiting the ride and going back through the queue, the cast members granted our polite request. We had to "wait on the side lines" for a couple of cars to load and depart, and one of the cast memebers pointed out a hidden mickey in the mural while we waited. Then we rode and my mom was so glad to see that there really was another "version" and that he kid was not just nuts!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be some confusion as to which vehicle gets the Western scene and which gets the Gangster scene. Keep in mind that all vehicles ride through both scenes. So the real question is which vehicle will experience the "show" performed in each scene.

So here's a breakdown: There are two vehicles that travel through the attraction at the same time, However, each vehicle contains two cars - so when you first enter the loading area, it appears as if there are four cars. The first two cars will travel together with the same driver and the second two cars will follow with their own driver.

SPOILERS BELOW

The drivers pace the vehicles through the attraction on timing. If you look closely, you will see that in each scene, there are small green and red lights that let each driver know when they are allowed to enter the next scene based on the vehicle in front of them.

Vehicle One moves rather quickly through the gangster scene so that it can get to the Western scene.

Vehicle Two moves slowly past the James Cagney figure to allow Vehicle One to quickly make its way to the Western Scene.

At approximately the same time, Vehicle One experiences the bank robbery with the bank fire while Vehicle Two expereinces the Gangster shootout with the moving gangster car with the men shooting. Each vehicle gets new drivers during these shows.

Vehicle One never sees the gangster shootout and Vehicle Two never sees the bank fire even though both vehicles travel through those scenes.

As they both move forward, Vehicle One moves quickly through the Alien Scene so that it can get to the final "show" where the original driver returns. While that show happens, Vehicle Two moves very slowly through the Alien Scene.

Vehicle One then moves slowly through the Tarzan scene so that behind it, Vehicle Two can do its show where its original driver returns.

At some point, Vehicle Two needs to catch up with Vehicle One again- this occurs in The Wizard of Oz scene. Vehicle One enters the Munchkin scene and enjoys the slow appearance of the Munchkins and their entire song--while Vehicle Two barely comes in on just the end of the song and then both Vehicles watch the Wicked Witch Appear. And if you notice, the Driver of Vehicle One has a microphone connected to all four cars at that point so that he can talk to the witch.

So for clarity, with the regular operation of the attraction, it is always Vehicle One that gets the Western Scene SHOW and Vehicle Two that gets the Gangster Scene SHOW. There can be variations if only one vehicle is running.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I haven't seen the western scene in so long I forgot it existed! I'll have to ask for it this time. We leave in 2 days!! Yipee!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I don't think I've ever seen the "fire" scene.....
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

You are right. The first tram gets the western scene, the second one gets the red light at the one way bridge and the gangster scene.

We haven't seen the western scene in a long time and would likes ta see it again, youse wise guys!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Natazu Guest

Hey Ian, hate to argue with you,
    Sometimes he just likes to test us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Western v gangsters

We just saw the western scene for the first time this last weekend. It is definitely our favorite!
    March/2005 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    April/2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Thanksgiving, 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: