Quantcast Up -- Disney/Pixar (Now on DVD)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Up -- Disney/Pixar (Now on DVD)

Disney/Pixar has finally put up the official page for their 2009 release Up -- you can check out the Offical Up Website -- Disney has finally updated the site since they were advertising it on the Superbowl ... you can see the teaser there. This is late to not have a whole trailer yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NotaGeek; 02-02-2009 at 12:01 AM.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to see Disney promoting this movie finally, however it would be really nice if they had a real trailer out! The teasers don't say much, and it makes me a bit nervous that there's not better buzz about the movie yet.

Maybe an insider will stop by with some wisdom!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

The movie looks good. BTW, I think the main character is the oldest Pixar character so far. Can anyone confirm?
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Well, number 2 son got a movie gift card for his 5th birthday last week. I asked him if we should go to the movies, and he said "We need to save it for UP!"...So whatever advertising there has been has worked some charm!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    The movie looks good. BTW, I think the main character is the oldest Pixar character so far. Can anyone confirm?

Yes his name is Karl and he is 78 yrs old The movie starts about the time he is supposed to leave his house and move into a nursing home! I was lucky enough to get into a panel at comic con. The Director & Producer spoke about the movie and showed a few clips! It looks Great!
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised about the lack of hype but have no doubts that the movie will be great! Pixar has yet to disappoint.

Mickey'sGirl ~ That is too cute about your son. It shows how perceptive they really are.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't think the hype for Up is any less (or more) than other Pixar films in the past. It's only February. In my opinion (which I know isn't shared by many others) it can only go 'up' from Wall-E.

As expected, I'm sure next year the "buzz" (no pun intended) for Toy Story 3 next year will be HUGE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I personally don't think the hype for Up is any less (or more) than other Pixar films in the past. It's only February. In my opinion (which I know isn't shared by many others) it can only go 'up' from Wall-E.

As expected, I'm sure next year the "buzz" (no pun intended) for Toy Story 3 next year will be HUGE.
    Got to disagree. I absolutely loved Wall-E, as did my family. I thought it was one of the most unique and best written stories I'd seen in a long time. But to each his own.
    I hope UP keeps up Pixar's streak of fine story telling combined with beautiful animation. I'm sure we all have our favorites, but I don't think they have had a stinker yet.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

The first reviews are in and it's looking VERY good for this film! Up was also selected to be the opening film at Cannes Film Festival ...

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

It looks good from what I've seen. It's grown on me; those first initial teasers and the title weren't really grabbing me.

Time had a nice write-up in the latest issue.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

From the official Cannes Website:

The 62nd Cannes Festival opens with "Up" by Pete Docter and Bob Peterson

This is the first time in the history of the Cannes Festival that a 3D cartoon is being screened as the keynote motion picture at the opening ceremonies, a sign that animation is coming into its own. Up, the tenth movie produced by Disney-Pixar studios, features a crotchety old man, who narrates the wondrous tale, and a little boy along for the ride with him, as the man's house is lifted skyward pulled upwards by thousands of helium balloons. Their amazing journey will take them to the heart of a lost world, and in the process, they will discover themselves.

Directors Pete Docter and Bob Peterson drew inspiration for their nostalgia-tinged cartoon from the great Disney classics like Dumbo, seeking to enchant audiences the old-fashioned way "whether in terms of the design, the language level, or the image structure." The team's byword was "simplicity of spirit": the key to achieving "the simplicity that makes the subject crystal-clear and bright." "To create Up's world, we could not use what had already been made, producer Jonas Rivera commented. We had to reinvent how people were represented, their clothes, hair, water, or any other element of the story. We had to define a graphic style in harmony with our subject for this fable and adventure. Our approach defined itself by looking for the real heart or for the dominant feature of each of its elements, which isn't very common for a caricature."

Raising the excitement even higher, a live broadcast of the opening ceremonies including the French premiere of Up, voiced by Charles Aznavour, will screen simultaneously in four other French cities. Movie viewers of all ages in Paris, Rennes, Lyon, and Marseille will have an opportunity to delight in this 3D animated feature at the same time as Cannes festival goers.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    Unless you count the guy who plays chess with himself before A Bug's Life (I think it's called "Geri's Game")
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by handmaidenofprincesses View Post
    Unless you count the guy who plays chess with himself before A Bug's Life (I think it's called "Geri's Game")
    Who also popped up in Toy Story 2.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Just bought tix for the 3D version at the Downtown Disney AMC for 7:30 tomorrow night. Looking forward to this one; looks like a winner!

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Up 12:01!

anyone going to see "UP" tonight? got my tickets for the 12:01am show. AMC theatres is showing, cant find it anywhere else like Regal cinemas. AMC Marple 10 is one of the few that is showing "UP" around Philly. 12:01 °o°
    96 - All-Star Music
    99 - All-Star Music
    04 - Off-site
    05 - All-Star Movies/Music/Off-site (AP)
    06 - All-Star Music/Off-site (AP)
    07 - All-Star Movies
    08 - POP Century
    09 - POP Century/Off-site
    10 - Coronado Springs/CBR/All-Star Sports (AP)
    11 - All-Star Music 1/9! (AP)

Post Thanks / Like

We will be going to the 3D showing after school today
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited to see this --- hopefully sometime this weekend!
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you take a 3 year old to see "Up" ?

My 3 year old LOVES Pixar movies (Disney animated...not so much).

He has seen: Cars, Bug's Life, Toy Story 1&2, Finding Nemo

I am debating taking him to see Up. He LOVES balloons. LOVES them. Also likes dogs a lot. I think he'd enjoy this movie.

Thing is, he's never seen a movie in the theatre. This would be his first theatre experience. He has seen Thomas and Friends Live on Stage. Sat through the whole 90 min show, no problem.

Should I do it? Or, is 3 too young for the movie theatre? I would take him to an early show, so he'd bother less adults.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Natalie -- if you think he will enjoy it, you should take him. We've been taking our kids to kid friendly movies since they were 2. We made sure to go during the day, when you would expect more families in attendance, and if there was any fussing or acting up, we removed him from the theatre. (We only had to do that once with Curious George). Didn't want to get the look, or to negatively impact another guests movie experience.

I can't remember if your youngest has ASD or not, but if he does, I recommend covering his ears during the ads and previews and THX zooming at the start of the movie. It is very loud, and can be quite upsetting to a sensitive child (DS11 still covers his ears!).
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

My 3 year old is going tonight, with my wife, my other son and 2 of his friends. We take the younger one everywhere, and he's generally pretty agreeable ... it helps having an older sibling there to work as a role model.

If he starts talking or getting rambunctuous, just take him out and for a brief walk. At that age, they're not really following the story too much.

My wife wanted to bring him tonight because we are going to WDW in 2 weeks and she wants him to get used to sitting in a theatre and wearing those 3D glasses, so he can hang at Philharmagic, Muppetvision 3D, Tough to be a Bug and Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: