Quantcast Should we visit Disney world on our arrival day, Nov.22 or save the ticket and visit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Should we visit Disney world on our arrival day, Nov.22 or save the ticket and visit

Should we visit Disney world on our arrival day, Nov.22 (Sat.) or save the ticket and visit on our departure day Nov. 29th (Sat. after thanksgiving)? thanks for the help

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How long will you have either day? Will you be travelling with small children? With our little kids, we like to have a rest day when we get to WDW, but if we have an earlier flight out on the day we are leaving then we'll use ours when we get there.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how much time you have either day. Can you possibly add another day (only a couple of bucks) and do both? It's so cheap to add on that I do it even if we only get a couple hours out of it.
    I checked touringplans and it the crowd predictor has the same levels for both days so you can probably take that factor out.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information/ suggestion to just add a day. I will check into the cost.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are on a Magic Your Way package, additional days are very little. If you add the day and don't use it, it is not that much money wasted.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    If you are on a Magic Your Way package, additional days are very little. If you add the day and don't use it, it is not that much money wasted.
    Just a slight clarification. Whether or not your room is booked as a package or a room-only reservation, and actually even if you're not staying at a Disney resort at all, adding an extra day to a 4-to-9 day ticket is still only an additional $3 a day.

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of crowds and managing the parks, using the ticket on the 22nd would be much better than using it on the 29th. The Saturday after Thanksgiving last year was still mobbed. However, the weekend before was quite manageable!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone said, it depends on a lot of factors:

If you are driving, you might be slightly tired on arrival day and might not stay the complete day. Although you might not want to stay a whole day in the parks on departure day, either.

If you go on arrival day, the kids might see the really cool pool/ arcade at the resort and want to leave the park early to check out the hotel. By departure day they might have that out of their system.

But it sounds like you are taking the advice of just going BOTH days!

I suppose you win no matter what you decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Without knowing all of the specifics my vote is for the arrival day. I agree that you have a better chance of hitting smaller crowds on the Sat. before Thanksgiving vs the Sat. after Thanksgiving. Plus, when I travel I just can't contain myself when I first get there. I HAVE to go to the parks. But, if you can upgrade your ticket and do both my vote is for that.
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Being impulsive, we always hit the parks the first day....tickets can be upgraded or added to any time up to 14 days from first use.....you can upgrade tickets at guest services or at the lobby concierge at most resorts.....Use your tickets on the arrival day....and if you decide to do the departure date as well, you can upgrade once you make the commitment. Cost is about $3 per ticket for the extra day.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

when we usually go, we usually just walk around DTD and spend the last day at the parks, but it is kind of rushed.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

The Saturday after Thanksgiving is going to be really busy!!! I'd use it on the 22nd!

We'll also be there during that time. The 22nd is our MK day!
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Which park(s) are you considering?
    If you don't purchase an additional day
    I'd go on Nov. 22 (thinking smaller crowds) to MK, EPC, or AK or use it for early extra magic on Nov. 29 at DHS. Avoid Studios on Nov. 22 if that's your arrival day since it is the extra magic park that day as well.
    I'm skeptical re. the crowd predictor. While both Saturdays are going to be busy, I'd bet a dollar of my hard-earned salary that Nov. 29 will be more crowded than Nov. 22 but you can let us know when you return.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what most of said regarding day since I would guess the 22nd would have less crowds probably. Although I would also take into consideration which day I would have more time in. Depending on what time you'd get there and how much time you'd have before you left.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: