Quantcast Potential New Resort: Disney's Animation Inn & Suites - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think planning anything for the other half of Pop Century is better than leaving the buildings the way they are now.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds interesting. If it were to go in at Pop Century, they sort of already have that type of theming at All-Star Movies.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

And it would make sense for them to make more of this type of theme since ASMovies is the one that is always sold out first.

We have usually stayed at ASMusic because it is less crowded than Movies, and we don't care for the sports themes.

Sports is usually WAY less crowded too.
    The nice thing about being in the Music resort, is that when the busses come, we can jump on any of the AllStar busses that are empty, and walk over to our resort.
    The short walk is nothing compared to waiting in a huge crowd of people for a long time.
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

FYI

The thread drift regarding the amenities of the Animal Kingdom Lodge resort have been moved to Amenities of Animal Kingdom Lodge vs Other Deluxe Accommodations for further discussion.

At 17 posts on a different topic, the thread drift was beginning to make this thread hard to read for its original topic.

Thank you
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jason for the original post and removing the 17 completely unrelated posts.

Having stayed at the All Star Music Family Suites, this seems to be a very good idea to me. We were very impressed with the Suites.
    As other have said, anything is better the current pile of concrete across the lake at Pop.

With the closeness of this new resort to Pop, is there a chance that it will share bus transportation with Pop?
    James

Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody verify the numbers that Jim Hill floated out there... he said that the All Stars tend to operate at 95% capacity while Pop only operates at 80%. I am just wondering if there any real numbers on that or if he's making it up. The last time we stayed at Pop it was the last week of November/first week of December and it was pretty darn crowded. People were staying in all buildings and lines were crazy. If that's only 80% capacity, I am really afraid of 95%!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Can anybody verify the numbers that Jim Hill floated out there... he said that the All Stars tend to operate at 95% capacity while Pop only operates at 80%. I am just wondering if there any real numbers on that or if he's making it up. The last time we stayed at Pop it was the last week of November/first week of December and it was pretty darn crowded. People were staying in all buildings and lines were crazy. If that's only 80% capacity, I am really afraid of 95%!
    Disney doesn't release hotel occupancy figures so there is no real way to verify his numbers.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I love Pop Century and getting something finished across the lake would be great as long as Pop Century is left alone. Plus it would be great to have a new resort just a few steps away to go snoop in!
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I must be in a SMALL minority, but I would rather see the other side of Pop Century finished like the original plan, than to completely change around the concept. I think it'd be cool to stay in a resort and be surrounded from themeing from the first 50 years of the 20th century. While an "Animation Inn & Suites" sounds cool, I would rather it come after Pop Century is completed like it was meant to be.

While I am completely against it, I guess anything would be better than just letting the buildings sit there doing nothing.
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokies4life View Post
    I must be in a SMALL minority, but I would rather see the other side of Pop Century finished like the original plan, than to completely change around the concept. I think it'd be cool to stay in a resort and be surrounded from themeing from the first 50 years of the 20th century. While an "Animation Inn & Suites" sounds cool, I would rather it come after Pop Century is completed like it was meant to be.

While I am completely against it, I guess anything would be better than just letting the buildings sit there doing nothing.
    I agree with you in part. It would be nice to see the Pop concept finished, I'm not as much against it being different as you. At this point, please build something!

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've stayed at Pop a couple times and it's always felt like a Motel 6 to me.
    I have stayed at Pop and I once (Feb 2001) stayed in the Motel 6 out on 192..... not much of a difference between the two.
    Oh yeah, the Motel 6 was only $36.00 and the McDonalds was within 100 feet.
    SteveL

lockedoutlogic Guest

POP just has a short fuse theme....in my opinion....

I thought it was cool the first time i stayed there.....then was back a couple years later and it just seemed silly.....

for every 1 person who thinks it's 'really cool'.....

i think many couldn't be turned off more by the theme.....

no facts.....just a strong opinion based on alot of time and study of how disney-ites think....

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds really COOL!!! We love the POP and having another resort there to try would be great!!!

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP
    ( 9 days to go )

Post Thanks / Like

We were at POP in August, and saw the other POP building across the lake, and they had the numbers on the building already, oo, 10, 20, 30, 40 why would they just change their mind??
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    POP just has a short fuse theme....in my opinion....

I thought it was cool the first time i stayed there.....then was back a couple years later and it just seemed silly.....

for every 1 person who thinks it's 'really cool'.....

i think many couldn't be turned off more by the theme.....

no facts.....just a strong opinion based on alot of time and study of how disney-ites think....
    Well, I wish alll these people who are sick of it would stop booking rooms and eating in the food court. It would make it easier for me to get a room more often.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My two cents....

I've stayed at Pop. It was nice and the themeing was ok but I can't understand why some here think it's so great as compared to the All Stars. Perhaps because they're nostalgic and remember that era as they grew up in it. On the other side of that coin though....the younger generations, who have come of age and are bringing their children to WDW, are not as attracted to the things of their parents' and grandparents' pasts. I think some here fail to recognize that. I just don't see how 1900 - 1940 will be much of a draw to people.

Here's a scenario though. What if they're going to use the legendary years area to create this new resort, animation inn..., and only "re-theme" part of Pop in order to incorperate the entire classic and legendary year themes using the buildings currently designated as the classic years buildings?
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    I've stayed at Pop. It was nice and the themeing was ok but I can't understand why some here think it's so great as compared to the All Stars. Perhaps because they're nostalgic and remember that era as they grew up in it.
    In my case anyway, that is not the case. I prefer Pop over the All Stars because I like the furniture in the room better, and because I much prefer the food court and store to the All Stars. I will say though, I have not stayed at All Star Music since it has been refurbed, I'm interested to see them in person.
    I just don't see how 1900 - 1940 will be much of a draw to people.
    Could be right, which is why I beleive they built the Classic years first.

Here's a scenario though. What if they're going to use the legendary years area to create this new resort, animation inn..., and only "re-theme" part of Pop in order to incorperate the entire classic and legendary year themes using the buildings currently designated as the classic years buildings?
    Interesting idea, but I would think just changing out the numbers and icons would be pretty expensive. I wonder if Disney would see it as worth the price? Somebody suggested changing the name to Pop Culture, interesting idea, but I really doubt they'd even do that. Pop seems to be doing pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

I like POP more than Allstars, theming & location wise.
    but they do need to do something w the other side of the lake....as long as it doesnt disturb the turtles & wildlife when you walk across the bridge.......
    and that it doesnt all become a mod pricing wise
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I like POP more than Allstars, theming & location wise.
    but they do need to do something w the other side of the lake....as long as it doesnt disturb the turtles & wildlife when you walk across the bridge.......
    and that it doesnt all become a mod pricing wise
    And what would that do to the bridge theme? Hard to believe that they would keep 'Generation Gap Bridge' if the "new" resort didn't fit.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what actually happens.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: