Quantcast What's so great about Le Cellier?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's so great about Le Cellier?

Hi all,

Le Cellier is often mentioned as a favorite dining spot by Disney fans. Can someone explain why? We've never been there but are considering it for our next trip.

Thanks!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I love to eat there for a couple of reasons. First off the food is absolutely wonderful. Our favorites are the steaks because they have a lot of flavor and are very moist and the Chedder Cheese Soup. The soup is a must for us. The dining room itself is gorgous as well. We've never really had a problem with service either. It's expensive but well worth it to us.
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

Post Thanks / Like

We've encountered some of the best servers there. We've never felt rushed and they were very friendly and attentive. The food is great - we've liked everything we've had there.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm the other side of the coin. The food is OK...better than some but as a steakhouse goes I've has as good at Outback and VERY much better by my own hand. In the few times I've been there it's the service that was the big turnoff. I've had very bad luck in getting servers who had an attitude or were basicly indifferent all together. The last time I was there I was seated and no one spoke to me at all..no drink order taken & not even a menu to look at so I just walked out.
    I haven't been back since. With every experience not what I'd call "disney like" I don't feel compelled to give them another chance.
    WDW Resort visits..
    1st visit 1977
    1979,1980,& 1982
    Twice a year (Feb & Dec) since 1984.
    Resorts: CR,BW,WL,AKL,YC,POFC,CB, FW & POP
    Next: Dec 1st thru 10th 2008
    This trip will be my 52nd..over 1yr of my life @WDW. Am I CRAZY??

Post Thanks / Like

I have loved Le Cellier on all my previous visits...the food is great and the dining room is really cute and cozy. We ate there last trip though, and I was far less impressed. The quality of the steak I had wasn't what it should have been, and the servers all seemed distracted and not at their best. While I wouldn't write it off, I think it's going to be a while before I try for another ressie there.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's very good, but overrated. If you're looking for a really special meal, try one of the signature dining restaurants-- far and above Le Cellier for food and service to our experience. We had a very unfriendly server at Le Cellier, so maybe it tainted our meal somewhat. The food was delicious, definitely one of our better one credit dining experiences, but still pretty basic as far as our culinary expectations.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I've posted a few times about Le Cellier being overrated. Have only been there twice but both times thought the food and service were fine but not wonderful.
    It does have a very faithful following of intercotees, though, so I would not discourage you from giving it a try. Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We had dinner for the first time at LeCellier a week ago during our stay. It was great; but not as great as they hype. I had steak; but I thought my steak at Raglan Road was so much better. I'm glad I tried LeCellier; but I won't be running back to it.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I ate there only once for lunch a couple of years ago and it was a great meal. The steak was great and it was one of the best meals I had that trip
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there for lunch last Sunday. I agree the dining room atmosphere was very nice. I think we all had the filet. I thought the flavor of it - and the mashed potatoes was excellent. Unfortunately, our server did have a bit of an attitude so that put a little damper on the meal...still, we would try it again.
    LORI
    2012 Boardwalk with DH, DBIL, DSIL, no kids!
    2010 Old Key West, same crowd :)
    2008 Poly with DH, DS, DD and in-laws
    2005 CBR with DH and DS
    2000 POFQ with DH
    1998 CSR with Mom
    1997 CBR with friends
    1992 DL with friends
    1979 & 1985 Offsite as a child

Post Thanks / Like

We would have loved the chance to find out what's so great about Le Cellier, but we couldn't get an ADR for Dinner for the whole 2 weeks we were at WDW.
    We took fellow Intercoters advice and tried to book 180 days in advance, but there were no tables for 2 available the entire 2 weeks. Are there not many small tables?
    There was no point phoning for cancellations, as the transatlantic phone calls would have cost way too much.
    Guess we'll just have to wait until our next visit (probably Dec 2010) to try the Cheddar Cheese Soup
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    We had dinner for the first time at LeCellier a week ago during our stay. It was great; but not as great as they hype.
    1) Good evaluation.
    2) It is small and easily booked/overbooked.
    3) That starts the hype about quality & service.
    . . . you can't get ADR's easily
    . . . therefore, it must be popular
    . . . therefore, it must be good
    . . . therefore, even if mediocre, one thinks it is very good
    . . . therefore, it is human nature to just "jump on the band wagon"
    4) At some point, perception becomes reality.
    5) Le Cellier reached that point.

NOTE: I am not saying that Le Cellier is bad, but it certainly does not warrant its hype.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it's the atmosphere and the food. This is the one resturant where my dad always stops (after visiting O' Canada) peruses the menu and inquires at the podium able a walk-up seating. We've been all times of year and he's never gotten a seat here (believe it or not some of us locals still try to get a walk up when we're in the park). Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise, othertimes - we leave the property to dine elsewhere - we're very flexible.
    That said - I got a coveted reservation last October for lunch. We skipped the Cheddar Cheese soup (because it was being offered out at the F&WF). We concentrated on the steak. It was a cozy little resturant. The tables were close together. The dining room was interesting and company (my mom) was great. Then our steaks came. Suddenly all the previously mentioned things faded into the back ground and the "angels sang" voila - that steak was like budda (butter {meaning oh, so good}- for those of you outside the NJ Tri-state area). What a steak, the service was excellent. It was great, the only thing missing was my dad, oh well now he knows! We'll be back again soon this time with a ressie, too!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

We've eaten there twice for lunch, the first time I had a steak sandwich, the second time a filet mignon. Both were cooked wonderfully, not tough or overcooked. My family also really likes the breadsticks, especially the pretzel bread. We've always had good service too (Although I might add that we've never had bad service in WDW. Overall, we've always had sufficiently friendly service and received our meals promptly).
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten here 3 times, each time I have throughly enjoyed my lunch or dinner. The Cheddar Cheese soup is to die for, you can get it outside during the Food & Wine Festival too. The breadsticks are great too. I like the Filet Mignon and the risotto. I also had a very delicious Maple Crème Brulee for dessert. I would recommend LeCellier.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the biggest parts of our trips to WDW is food! And a few years ago we were pleasantly surprised when we dined at Le Cellier after not getting a reservation anywhere else. We've kept going back ever since and have yet to have a poor meal. In my humble opinion it is the best table service in Epcot...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier... such a simple formula, yet it seems impossible to replicate.

They serve good food - at times, very good food - but not "great food" - and because they are "the best game in town," they have become the most popular restaurant in WDW!!!

We have had nothing but good experiences at Le Cellier, and we have dined there A LOT! In fact, DW told me not to book it for our upcoming trips in January and February because our family needs "something new!"

It's good. Great? Probably not.

You take a few "novelty items," such as breadsticks (pretzel, multi-grain, and sour dough), cheese soup, and good (not outstanding) steaks, and voila - you have a popular place!

Le Cellier is very good for what it does. It serves hundreds (thousands?) of people daily in a theme park, and it does it well.

Is it over-rated? Definitely.
    Is it very good? Definitely.
    Is it worth it? Debatable.
    Does my family return there time and again? Yes
    Look around EPCOT's WS. If you find a place you like better, go there. Most of the places in the WS are very good - even with mixed reviews.

We very much enjoy Le Cellier, but off the top of my head, I can list several places within WDW that we prefer.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

My family(Mom,2 sisters,2 brother-in-laws and their kids,8 all together) raved about the place last year while there in November.They were on the DDP.We went the week before Christmas and had ADRs for Cellier.We were not impressed,food okay,service horrible.We told the waitress we were on the DDP and that's all it took not to get good service since tip was already included.Now on our 1st night we ate at the Concourse at the Contemporary and it was outstanding.Our waitress,Claudia,went above and beyond any service we have ever had at DW.She got an extra tip on top of the 18%.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier use to be much better before the DDP and now it's living on it's reputation more than anything else. The menu lost it's variety and the portion sizes are much smaller now. The service has dropped off since the restaurant is overbooked and and the servers are over worked. This is one of the places that went from a a must do to a if I can get an ADR ok but I don't go out of my way to try. I was really disappointed on my last visit in 2007.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I was there once and thought it was ok and wouldn't go back. My steak wasn't cooked to order (red rare when I ordered it medium well) which is a pet peeve of mine when places known for steaks can't cook to order. I ended up waiting a while for it to be cooked more - that pretty much ruins the taste - and watched my DH eat first, then he watched me. The cast member was not very nice about it either.

I wouldn't say not to go, you may have a much better experience and more enjoyable meal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: