Quantcast O'hanna's and my pickey eater

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default O'hanna's and my pickey eater

We are visiting the World in May 09' and would really like to have dinner at O'hanna's. My DS will is 10 and a verrrry pickey eater. The only "Dinner-type foods that he will eat are chicken nuggets or strips, fries, chips, cheese pizza and peanut butter(no Jelly). Seriously, thats it! I have made so many PB sandwiches, the smell makes me nautious!
    I was wondering, what are the "alternative children's selections" that the menu says they have and are the ala carte?
    I really dont want to have to pay almost $27.00 for him to eat fries and chicken nuggets. Any info will help and thanks in advance.

Tracy
    DaisyGirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say that we are in the same situation with one of our children so I'll be interested in the answers. It's tough when the "picky eaters" or light eaters have to pay adult prices. I look at the breakfast buffets and don't love the idea of paying almost 20.00 for a bagel and a chocolate milk!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, that sounds just like my DD's (11) diet!! We ate there in Sept, she did fine, chicken, fries and vanilla ice cream. She did try the steak, small steps. By now we are used to hearing that she is hungry 30 minutes after we eat dinner. It was still fun and the other kids and adults enjoyed dinner.
    I do know what you mean about the smell of peanut butter!!

Post Thanks / Like

Were the items ala carte or did you have to pay the adult dinner price for it?. I know my 2DD's 12 and 10 will really enjoy the food as well as myself.
    DaisyGirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyGirl View Post
    Were the items ala carte or did you have to pay the adult dinner price for it?.
    1) All character meals are a set price.
    2) Adults pay adult price, kids pay kid price.
    3) There is no ala carte.
    4) For picky eaters, stay away, if you want value for your meal dollar.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Natazu Guest

They do have chicken tenders and fries just in case but you'll still have to pay full price if he eats. This might be just the opportunity for him to try meat that isn't fried.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my DD. She is now 16 and in the past year just started trying other foods mainly because of sharing food with her friends in high school. Yes, they may be very expensive chicken nuggets, but perhaps your son might eat some of the other items? The dessert especially is wonderful. We love O'Hana.
    WeLuvBuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will go ahead and go to Ohanna's picky eater or not. Im sure we will have a good time.

Thanks.
    DaisyGirl

Post Thanks / Like

We let our DS who is 10 choose one day while at Disney to figure out everything we're going to do . . . what parks we're going to visit that day, what attractions we'll try and what meals we'll eat. This last trip, he picked Ohana for his dinner meal. Not that he's uber-picky (he loves the meat they serve), but he was at the table for perhaps a total of 20 minutes the whole time we were there. The rest of the time he was participating in the parade, coconut races, the limbo, etcetera. I should add that we were there a long time.

Even if your DS isn't enthralled with the meal, he'll have a good time doing everything else that Ohana has to offer! I know it hurts paying adult prices at places like this for a 'tween', especially if he's not going to partake in the main courses, but I really think you will all enjoy the experience.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

GaDisneyGal Guest

We went to O'Hana on our recent visit. Our entire family said that it was hands down our favorite meal of the trip. My son(7) is also kind of a picky eater and he really enjoyed the kid friendly items they offered such as the nuggets and fries. We were also really surprised how interested he was in trying all the other food they brought to the table. Something about the way they present the food on those massive skewers was so impressive to him.

Post Thanks / Like

I really dont want to have to pay almost $27.00 for him to eat fries and chicken nuggets.
    I think I will go ahead and go to Ohanna's picky eater or not.
    1) I guess I am confused.
    2) You don't want to, but are?
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will go ahead and go to Ohanna's picky eater or not. Im sure we will have a good time.

Thanks.

I'm so glad you decided to go for it! I also wanted to offer my experience...I have a pretty picky eater as well. His diet goes a little beyond the normal picky eater, but not by much! When we were seated, our server offered to bring him chicken strips. He said it quietly and I asked him to wait and see how it went. Guess what!! My son LOVED the wings and if I remember correctly the potatoes. I could not believe it!!! In fact, we had to order a second dish because he was scarfing them down!!! I'm just saying to give it a shot before you give in and buy the $27 chicken strips. You might be pleasantly surprised!!!
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

1) I guess I am confused.
    2) You don't want to, but are?
    Sorry to confuse you, I don't think anybody wants to pay that much for a kid to eat chicken and fries, but from what I have been told, there's a lot of fun things going on as well, so in order for me to try somthing that I really want, I'll do it.
    DaisyGirl

Post Thanks / Like

The first time my son went, before I realized it, he had asked the waiter for a grilled cheese sandwich which was not on the menu. They made him one. I can't remember how much I paid for it. The second time we went, he tried the food and particularly liked the wings. This is one of his favorite restaurants as there are activities to keep the kids interested.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: