Quantcast MK's TTA - Families greater than 4 BEWARE!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation MK's TTA - Families greater than 4 BEWARE!!

Just thought I'd bring the following to your attention if you are a family greater than 4 with young children.

We were riding the TTA and a family of 5 were behind us in the line. We entered a compartment, a boy approx. 7 years went in the next compartment and the rest of his family were in the compartment behind him.

All was well until the train left the loading area and the train split between the boy and his family.

The boy naturally became agitated and spent the whole ride looking back for his family and wanting to get off and wait for the other train that had his family onboard - especially in the areas that the train slows down.

We tried to reassure him that he was safe and told him that he must stay seated until it returned to the loading platform.

He looked very relieved when he was reunited with his family.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

that poor boy.
    We had that happen a few years back but the person that got split off from us was driving us crazy and was being rude to my youngest son who was 9 at the time! So when we 5 got in one car and he got in the one behind us and it split off we had to bite our lips from laughing so hard!!!
    But I feel bad for the little boy.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

that totally stinks... I'll have to remember that next time we go as a big group... it isn't something I usually think about when we're getting on.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime we go on this, I always make sure to look and find the front or end of a car. I never could until a few years ago...its a black magnet looking thing on each end of the trains. I would've felt so bad for the little boy...the family probably had no idea they were even in separate trains when they got on. Its odd that a CM on the platform didn't notice that though.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Each train also has a unique number and the compartments of each train are lettered A-E with A being the first car of the train.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to remember this. We will be traveling with five...in reality we are a family of seven..me, dh, dd, dd, ds, dd, dd but we will be leaving the two younger ones with my mom for this trip. My fear is that we go to get on something only to be split up in a way that would be distressful to the kids ages 10, 9,7
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    that poor boy.
    But I feel bad for the little boy.
    For which reason - the boy being split from his family or for him being stuck with us?

But, in the words of the MNSSHP "Boo-to-You" parade song, We really not so scary!
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

This happened to us too! The adults got into one car and the kids (ages 8, 8, 6, & 6) got into another. We even told the lady to make sure we got on in the same car. We knew to look at the letters, we just assumed she would do it for us. We were boarding on one of those rare days where the lines was really long! My family and I have rode TTA a thousand times, but the family we were with had never. So when the kids took off in front of us, they all kind of freaked. Their son (6) started crying right away. We were yelling from car to car and the people in from of them calmed E down. By the time were got off of it, we were all laughing. I will never forget my friends face when he looked up with his mouth wide open and just pointed in shock, DH and I turned around to see the kids were gone and busted out laughing. It was probably one the highlights of our trip!
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

We actually do tell guests which cars to start loading into. Then part of their group gets into E and the rest get into A, so I tell at one of the adults to say "see you in 10 minutes". And to enjoy the peace and queit(sp) for the next 10 minutes.
    The boy was probably not paying attention to what the CM told his family/party/group at the time of boarding. Because this sort of thing happens all the time. Also families coming up to the TTA expecting it to be a way up to Astro Orbitor.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes!

That stinks.
    "We can see a new horizon,built on all that we have done,and our dreams begin another 1000 circles around the sun..."

We Go On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zawadi View Post
    For which reason - the boy being split from his family or for him being stuck with us?

But, in the words of the MNSSHP "Boo-to-You" parade song, We really not so scary!
    My question is why would the parents make the child ride by himself...i would never allow my child to be alone like that...go 3 and 2 and that way the kids are watched.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

They wouldn't, it just ends up they actually entered cars of 2 seperate trains.
    And that would be a great idea, if the 2 cars are of the same train.
    When you look at the trains at the TTA station the cars look like their attached like on Spaceship Earth, once they have entered the cars and they leave the station only then do they realize that their in 2 seperate trains. It's only 10 minutes of seperation that's all. No worries, right?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it all depends on the child. Some can handle the separation better than others.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: