Quantcast Just got back...line etiquette questions - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Welcome to Intercot! How did you hear about us

In the end, it doesn't really matter to me what others think or how "rude" they think I'm being. If it's beyond 4-5 minutes, we talk a walk outside then come back when he's calm. I refuse for my child to live a shut-in life or only go to "certain" places because people think he should only go to those places just because he has special needs. While I understand when people say "I don't go out to eat to hear children cry"...I *could* easily be just as harsh and say then don't go to a place that has high chairs and boosts "family restaurant." More than anything, I'm saddened most by people's lack of understand and compassion for their fellow human being.

And while everyone is different, unless one has a special needs child it's truly hard to understand.
    Thanks for the welcome . I found intercot when I was googling for Disney forums.

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, when I go out to a restaurant, I'm not just paying for the food. If I wanted good food I could just as easily stay home and cook. I'm paying for the atmosphere and I would rather that atmosphere not include screaming children.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizzi6692 View Post
    IMO line cutting is always wrong. It has nothing to do with the amount of time you lose, its rude. I'm not going to let it ruin my vacation, but there is a middle ground between letting it completely stress me out and being a doormat. I'm not going to let people do whatever they want just because they think they're better than everyone else.

My reaction to your post depends on knowing a little more. When you say you try to work through it do you mean for a few minutes or do you sit there for half an hour or more trying to calm him down? If that's the case than you are being rude. I understand that he has issues, but if you can't get him to calm down, maybe you should consider not taking him out to dinner or only taking him out to places where people should expect screaming children.
    Wow, magic or no magic, you might want to become familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

I see now reason to shut this thread down, if one doesnt want to participate, then dont. It has not gotten to that point yet IMO.

I am amazed at the passiveness of most of the folks here, I am really surprised. I will handle line cutting on a case by case basis. I too, am a wide framed individual, I was use tactful methods in handling line cutters. No, it will not ruin my magic or my experience. In fact, I would feel it would dampen my expereince if i didnt intervene or act or do something. IMO, it appears some are just "shepple people". Thats no not a part of me. Perhaps, I could have a t-shirt made up for every day of the weel that says something the affect, "Your Line Cutting Stops Here" on the back with a little asterik (*) for a footnote that may allow exceptions. Or, mayvbe like I mentioned before, I could become a line cutter since there is so much passiveness.

Anyway, just a little venting there, dont mind me, and yes, my mickey time will be just fine.

SMSP

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that! Speaking of, I'm sad I didn't get to ride Toy Story Mania when I was there last! The wait was 2 hours and FP were out by 10am! My boys were even sadder!
    Same thing to us. We bit the bullet and waited. I was going to beat myself w/ an oversized checker if i had to listen to potatohead any longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Same thing to us. We bit the bullet and waited. I was going to beat myself w/ an oversized checker if i had to listen to potatohead any longer.
    You totally deserve a medal. I looked at my boys [3 and 4] and said NO WAY! They would have beating me with an oversized checker! Next time I know though. I'm getting there before it opens and racing over!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot! How did you hear about us

In the end, it doesn't really matter to me what others think or how "rude" they think I'm being. If it's beyond 4-5 minutes, we talk a walk outside then come back when he's calm. I refuse for my child to live a shut-in life or only go to "certain" places because people think he should only go to those places just because he has special needs.
    I agree, that is perfect. The problem comes when people are not as consciencious (sp) as you and let it go on, and on. Kids have bad days, special needs or not. If you can't calm them at the table and you take them outside, that's just right in my opinion.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a story for you from 2000.

It was the year of the Millenium Dreamers. Does anyone remember that group? Anyway, these were well-deserving high school students who earned a vacation at WDW for the Millenium. Unfortunately, they also wreaked havoc on the lines.

We would be walking toward a ride that had a short wait time -- say 15 minutes. Then, the docent would arrive just ahead of us, holding up a flag that signaled "Gather here!" Suddenly, 40 high school kids, wearing matching t-shirts, would rush to the docent ahead of us. A 15-minute wait just went to 25-30 with a bunch of over-enthusiastic high school kids in front of us. And it seemed they were on the same schedule as us.

First, it happened at the Magic Kingdom on several rides. The next day, it happened to us at Disney-MGM. Finally, we called customer service to find out what parks the Millenium Dreamers were going to be in for that day. Then, we avoided that park. We changed ADRs and everything.

It's not that they were rude, or anything like that. It's that they were very excited kids and a large bunch of them. And it seemed that everytime we were about to get into a short line to get on an attraction, the docent would beat us, hold up that little flag, and a large group would "flood in" ahead of us. It's funny now, but after two days of that, my wife had had enough.

Each time we see a group of young kids, rushing to an attraction today, we still say, "Probably Millenium Dreamers."
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

As this is resurrected from 2008 to begin with, with possibly every scenario played out and we're having a bit of a problem staying on topic, I'm going to close this thread.

Let's get back to planning those Disney vacations.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: