Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Welcome to Intercot! How did you hear about us

In the end, it doesn't really matter to me what others think or how "rude" they think I'm being. If it's beyond 4-5 minutes, we talk a walk outside then come back when he's calm. I refuse for my child to live a shut-in life or only go to "certain" places because people think he should only go to those places just because he has special needs. While I understand when people say "I don't go out to eat to hear children cry"...I *could* easily be just as harsh and say then don't go to a place that has high chairs and boosts "family restaurant." More than anything, I'm saddened most by people's lack of understand and compassion for their fellow human being.

And while everyone is different, unless one has a special needs child it's truly hard to understand.
Thanks for the welcome . I found intercot when I was googling for Disney forums.

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, when I go out to a restaurant, I'm not just paying for the food. If I wanted good food I could just as easily stay home and cook. I'm paying for the atmosphere and I would rather that atmosphere not include screaming children.