Quantcast Steam Train Tours

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steam Train Tours

I was woundering if anyone has done the Steam Train Tour and if so is it worth it.: My husband is a train nut and I thought it would be a nice birthday gift for him when we go in Dec.
    DVC Boardwalk Villas - Disney Dream Maker

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DH is also a train nut and the last time he went with me I surprised him with the Steam Train Tour. It was well worth the money and time we spent. The engineers are so knowledgable and the other CM's truly go out of their way to explain every question you may have. DH loved it and wants to do it again in the future. I must say however that my fondest memory of that tour was getting into the MK early and being able to get pics of main street and the castle without any people in them.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Completely unrelated to the steam train tour, but make sure that you take a moment to head over to the WL DVC villas. In the lobby of the DVC villas is one of Walt's personal scaled replica train cars that he had in his yard and would give rides on.
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Worth the time!!!

I Loved the tour. It was so cool to see the train barn under the monorails. Old tech with new. I recommend highly.

Post Thanks / Like

We took the tour in January as a birthday present for my train-nut DF. Excellent tour, excellent tour guide (WDW Engineer Ed).

Amy

Post Thanks / Like

We're taking the tour next month...
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

That does it, I'm calling tomorrow he will be very excited when I supprise him when we get there.

Thanks again everone
    DVC Boardwalk Villas - Disney Dream Maker

Post Thanks / Like

If he is a train nut, he will LOVE the tour. I like trains a lot, and the tour made me even more of a fan.

Make sure you take your camera! The only place we couldn't take photos was when we were steaming by the rear entrance of MK... they didn't want us to take photos of the road barrier security system. Everything else is fair game!

Awesome awesome AWESOME tour, he will have a blast!

K, Slater!
    I take the Ferry!
    26.08 , -77.54 , 210°, 0 kn...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfun View Post
    Completely unrelated to the steam train tour, but make sure that you take a moment to head over to the WL DVC villas. In the lobby of the DVC villas is one of Walt's personal scaled replica train cars that he had in his yard and would give rides on.
    Another railfan spot is under the Main Street railway station, now the stroller rental. On the walls, there are photos of Walt working on his garden railroad, and of the Disneyland and WDW locomotives. There used to be more when this was a locker location, but nobody seems to know what happened to the ones that were in the western half, which is now the backstage stroller storage area.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to book this as a suprise for my son who is now 10 and has been looking forward to this for years!!! I know he cannot go alone, so if I book for just he and my DH can my DD and I come in early to take some pics? I know they let us all in when it was only my niece doing BB Boutique before the park opened, but we had grandparents with us!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they will take you in early if you are not doing the tour. You actually meet outside the park and go in as a group with your guide. It is a wonderful tour and I highly recommend it. We did it as a family last year. Myself, DW, DS (13) and DD (10). We all had a great time! I'm sure we'll do it again in a couple more years!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

i'm not a "train nut" but i took the tour in 2006 and enjoyed it & found it informative & fun. we were taken to the roundhouse to see all the trains.
    it's not falling off the roof that hurts it's the landing that hurts...GOOFY

All Star Music '97,'99
    All Star Sports '02
    Pop Century '06,'11

Post Thanks / Like

I surprised my DH with this four years ago, and he loved it. Now, everytime we ride the train, he explains (again), what they're doing.

The next year, I gave him the Segway thing, and this year, we're both doing the Behind the Seeds at Epcot.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: