Quantcast BCV Questions...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCV Questions...

Today was our 7 month window date to switch our room from SSR to someplace different. We really love SSR, just want to try all of the different places. I was hoping to get either VWL, BWV or BCV. I was totally thrilled to be able to get Beach Club. We stayed at the YC 4 years ago and our kids absolutely loved the pool . We are hoping to have TONS of pool time on this trip...so getting this resort is even better. We've never stayed here though, so a few questions. First off, I was looking at the photos on ICot of the rooms and it looks like the pool for the villas is different than Stormalong Bay. I'm assuming this is just a "quiet' pool and we can still use the main pool, right? Also is there a "preferred" area to be in...a specific section we should request that is maybe closer to the bus stops, etc?? THANKS so much...can't wait to try it out.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The villas pool is essentially a "quiet pool." Yes, you can use SAB.

Rooms are decently located in relation to the bus stop. Just walk towards the valet/bell services counter instead of into the solarium. For EPCOT, follow the path to the left of the main building.

Some of the higher up rooms afford better views of Illuminations - not all rooms face EPCOT. Many face the pool, waterway, or parking.

Great location. Wonderful resort!
    Enjoy yourselves!!!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCV Questions...

It sounds like the 7 month window takes you to April. I have reservation at BC in January (which I also got at the 7 mth window with SSR our home resort). MS told me this week that SB will be under refurbishment Jan through March. They said thought that it will be open as it will be worked on in sections.

Post Thanks / Like

I am certain that you can use the other pool.

As for BCV, the rooms are significantly smaller there than BWV and far smaller than OKW but the pool (which admittedly is the best by far of all the DVC pools) and location to Epcot probably makes up for it.
    We lost count around 30 visits since 1998.
    We have 4 visits to DL/DCA.

We've stayed at Grand Cali at DL, and all WDW resorts and all DVC's except AKL/Villas, Pop, Port Orleans, Bay Lake, and FWCamp. Our Favorite? For Hotels, Grand Fla, and for DVC, BWV, with BWV our first choice overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Our first WDW with our DVC was BCV. We had a 2 bedroom villa. We truly enjoyed it. Our villas was on a corner and faced the front entrance of the resort. We are not big on views, locations since we spend little time in the room but really enjoyed BCV. You won't be disappointed
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC_dad View Post
    As for BCV, the rooms are significantly smaller there than BWV
    Huh???

BCV rooms and BWV rooms are the same size!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to contridict you, especially since I'm new, I don't want to offend anyone but...

No, the BWV rooms are larger according to the DVC website. Now the differences seem small but in reality a few dozen square feet in the wrong places can seem like a squeeze.

We always stay in a 2BR so I'll use that for comparison.

BWV 2BR
    1226 sq. feet
    sleeps 8

BCV 2BR
    1083 sq. feet
    sleeps 8

A couple hundred square feet is significant. The places that seem smaller or too small is the areas around the "dining table". We have a lot of kids and we can more or less fit around the dinning table at BWV. But at BCV there is not table, it is more of a little bench against the wall with mirrors behind it and its TIGHT. That is one area where a few dozen sq. feet make a HUGE difference. Also, my teenager likes to throw down an air matress in the "living room" area. Its tight but easily done at BWV, not so at BCV. Again, small differences can make a big difference.
    Last edited by DVC_dad; 09-26-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Left out some information.
    We lost count around 30 visits since 1998.
    We have 4 visits to DL/DCA.

We've stayed at Grand Cali at DL, and all WDW resorts and all DVC's except AKL/Villas, Pop, Port Orleans, Bay Lake, and FWCamp. Our Favorite? For Hotels, Grand Fla, and for DVC, BWV, with BWV our first choice overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - I stand corrected!

I knew that the rooms in DVC villas were close in size - but I didn't realize that it was so significant! We usually have a 1BR or studio, so it doesn't seem as big a deal.

(The notable exception being OKW, of course!)

Thanks for the clarification.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Staying at the BCV entitles you to all the privileges of the Beach Club guests, including use of any pool at the BC (quiet pool or SAB). Being a DVC member staying at BCV actually entitles you to pool hop to all other pools on property, except the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool (or if you are there during the very busy holiday times when pool-hopping is not allowed). With the pool and the location, BCV has become our favorite location. Have a great time.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: