Quantcast Four for a Dollar

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Four for a Dollar

Did I miss something. Is Four for a Dollar being discontinued? I love that group.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Many entertainment cast are being cut for budget reasons- the most notable being the reduction in performances of Fantasmic
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like the minority, I've never seen them but now wish I had
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We went this past saturday just to make sure that we saw them one last time. They got a standing ovation. I believe there last show is near the end of September. Definately losing some magic there!!!! There was another post that went into the reasons in greater detail...nothing official but it seems that they needed to make room in the budget for more actors for HSM3.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. They will be missed.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is starting to get on my nerves. They're cutting things that people really like. And the fact they offered discounts for the entire fall except for the week I'm at WDW has me irritated as well. So I have to pay full price for less GOOD entertainment and more HSMusical garbage.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I am really surprised Beauty and the Beast is still at DHS. Considering they have removed other great shows like Pocahontas and Hunchback, Tarzan Rocks (but I do like Nemo). It wouldn't surprise me if Beauty and the Beast gets replaced soon and Four for a Dollar is just the start of the transition?
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

They were one of my favorite things to see. It is really too bad. It seems like cutting the budget is everywhere you look.

Post Thanks / Like

B&B is a great show but it has been at WDW for a long time and it was at DL before then! It is too bad to lose 4 for a Dollar. They are very talented.

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere that the B&B showe is moving somewhere else and that the theater is going to be enclosed for a different show. That may also have had something to do with it.

Also, as I said in another post, just because Return 2 Zero isn't...well...returning, doesn't mean Four For A Dollar will cease to exist. That's why Disney has their own names for the groups. They can hire different singers.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know where i can purchase a 4 for a Dollar cd. Or what name they use outside of Disney?

Post Thanks / Like

Their name outside of Disney is return to zero and they have a website where I am pretty sure you can purchase Cd's I don't have the exact site but if you google return to zero/4 for a dollar you will find it.

I sent Disney a letter venting my frustration. IMHO there is enough for the kids (and I have my own tweens that love HSM and Hanna) Four for a dollar was more for the parents and grandparents although my kids enjoyed it as well. I just think that they are taking away the things the adults (who are paying for these vacations by the way) really enjoy. It is sad so I sent them a letter as to such but even though I asked for a response have received nothing. I hope they reconsider regardless. Even if B & B does go away, they could use them as the opening act for anything.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I also sent an e-mail and asked for a reply..........nothing!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got a response to my e-mail. At least they did send a response so maybe they will listen if enough people voice their concerns.
    Thank you for contacting us regarding the closing of the "Four For a Dollar" pre-show entertainment at Beauty & the Beast-Live on Stage at Disney?s Hollywood Studios?.

Our Guests' impressions are very important to us and we truly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. It is wonderful to know the pre-show has brought you great joy over the years. Please know that the efforts of all of the Cast Members who are a part of "Four For a Dollar"
    and the entertainment they have provided to Disney?s Hollywood Studios?
    Guests is acknowledged and so appreciated.

Although "Four For a Dollar" will be closing in late September 2008, Beauty & the Beast-Live on Stage show will continue to entertain our Guests with its mix of extraordinary songs, costumes and dances. In addition, coming in October 2008 will be the recently announced ?High School Musical 3: Senior Year.? Later this year, Disney?s Hollywood Studios? will welcome back ABC Super Soap Weekend. At the same time, we have continued to update existing offerings such as Playhouse Disney?Live On Stage! and opened Toy Story Mania, Pixar Place with its new Character greeting locations, and the Narnia experience with Prince Caspian. Next year, the park will unveil The American Idol Experience and will welcome back ESPN: The Weekend and Star Wars Weekends.

We hope that our array of entertainment, shows and character offerings at the Walt Disney World® Resort provide the most memorable and magical experiences for everyone and that they will delight you in the future as they have in years past. We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you.

Sincerely,

Executive Offices
    Walt Disney World® Resort
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I also received the exact same response, which I found interesting as they are hyping the HSM3 stuff and one of the things I addressed in my e-mail to them was what a total waste of time my whole family thought the HSM parade is, including the 2 grandkids who are going to be in their local production of HSM.
    They probably are keeping a tally of how many complaints they are getting about Four For a Dollar, but as to actually reading what our individual reasons for the mail were, I doubt it.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We saw them when we were there in April. So
    sorry to hear that they are leaving. We always
    enjoyed their opening of the show. We are
    going back in October and will miss seeing them.

Post Thanks / Like

I also received the exact same response to my email to Disney. As a former cast member and very frequent guest to WDW, I'm beginning to feel a little let down by the lack of individual attention here.

I'm not saying Disney needs to have someone call each and every person who has a complaint, but this is something that is really basic and easy to do. Don't send guests the same recycled letter over and over again. We were taught about "guest recovery" in the very first day of Traditions and learned the importance of keeping every guest happy...this just isn't how it should be done.
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wandering if any of you saw Four for a Dollar's last performance? We were there Sat Sept 20th. At the end of their performance they sang Happy Birthday to an adorable little girl. They give her a copy of their CD. She kissed one of them on the cheek. It was so sweet. I cried. We went back on Sun Sept 28th hoping to see them one last time. One of the CM's told us that we had seen their last performance. We were so bummed.
    Multiple wonderful trips; Next June 2012
    "All it takes is faith and trust...and just a little bit of pixie dust."

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I also received the exact same response, which I found interesting as they are hyping the HSM3 stuff and one of the things I addressed in my e-mail to them was what a total waste of time my whole family thought the HSM parade is, including the 2 grandkids who are going to be in their local production of HSM.
    Huh .... that's pretty shabby, really. I mean I understand "The Form Letter" and all that, but you'd think they'd at least scan the letters they're responding to make sure "The Form Letter" made sense before they sent it, ya know?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As much as any of us complain, Disney Marketeers are some of the best in the world. WDW has an insane need to keep HSM hyped because it is a relatively low cost production compared to some of the high dollar special effects movies. The more they hype this, the more DVDs and merchandise they sell. HSM is a cash-cow and I think they have a herd of cows with it.

In the grand scheme of things, how does 4 For a Dollar compare? It is not even a blip on the radar or a rounding error in a ledger book. I know they are talented, people truly love them, and they were entertaining. However, WDW is open to make a profit. Look towards the future. If the Fairies DVDs sell $B's, you are going to see Fairy parades, Fairy shows, 25 new core Fairies, more merchandise for all fairies. They will bleed it to the point just before people are overly sick of it, then close it down for the next big thing.

Just look at how things have gone: Lion King, Tarzan, Nemo, Toy Story, Cars, etc. They will pump out another blockbuster. Then, they will rinse and repeat.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: