Quantcast Q re: Toy Story Mania ride @ DHS...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Q re: Toy Story Mania ride @ DHS...

What are our chances of getting on the new Toy Story ride @ DHs if we aren't there at park opening, or early in the day??? We don't have a single day where we've planned DHS as our "starter" park, and I'm having a hard time changing that, with breakfast ressies, EMH at other parks, etc. I really don't want to miss this ride -- but the earliest I see us getting there on any given day is 10:30.

So -- what do you think???

(edited Sunday morning to add we are going early December, if this helps me any.... thanks for all the input so far!!)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ummm...I'm not sure when your trip is., but right now, you're chances are not too good if you are not arriving at park opening, or very soon thereafter. We were there 3 weeks ago. We were there at opening, sprinted to the fast pass machines, and the lines for them were building sooo fast. My family got in line while I went to fastpass. My return time by the time I made my way to the machine was 10:30am. We waited 30mins for our first ride, then went back for our fastpass ride at 10:30am. By then the return time was 7:40pm. Sooo...If TSM is important to you..the only way to ensure you'll get on is early, early, early!!!!!!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

i would say that if you get there around 10:30am you might be able to pick up a fast pass for way later in the day. they are usually completely gone before noon. when we went in june, the shortest stand-by line was 2 hours.
    Previous Trips:
    July 1992 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    May 2003 All-Star Movies (Honeymoon)
    May 2004 Offsite (1 Year Anniversary)
    Jan 2006 Pop
    Feb 2008 Disneyland Offsite
    June 2008 Pop
    Sept 2010 CBR
    Dec 2010 CSR

Next Trip:
    March 2011 Lighthouse Key

Post Thanks / Like

Has this changed since the majority of kids are back in school? Anyone there this week/weekend? We are not scheduled to arrive until the 14th - 20th.
    Gotta Love Eeyore

Offsite 2xs as kid
    ASMo Sept '01
    ASMu Sept '03
    ASMo Sept '05
    POP Sept '07
    POFQ Sept '08
    POFQ Sept '09
    CBR Sept '10

Goooooo Jackets! Sting 'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you want to see it that bad, the longest stand-by line I've heard was only 2 hours, so no, you don't HAVE to miss it... and thinking about it, 2 hours in line for TSM is better than 2 hours at work, away from WDW.
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could do it during EMH. Anyone know how bad the lines are during EMH? I'm curious to.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the single rider line. You enter at the same pass entrance as fastpass and then you are split further down in line. We arrived at DHS around 10:30 and had a fastpass for 2:45, we jumped in the single rider line an waited about 20min. As much as we enjoy doing rides as a family we had done this earlier in our trip and single rider was fine with us.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimenyfan View Post
    Check out the single rider line. You enter at the same pass entrance as fastpass and then you are split further down in line. We arrived at DHS around 10:30 and had a fastpass for 2:45, we jumped in the single rider line an waited about 20min. As much as we enjoy doing rides as a family we had done this earlier in our trip and single rider was fine with us.
    Single rider line has been closed until further notice.

Post Thanks / Like

We visited DHS in the middle of June, shortly after the ride opened and we didn't ride it first thing in the morning. My DH and oldest DS rode RNRC, while my youngest and myself rode ToT and then we walked over to Toy Story Mania. I guess we waited in line for about 25-30 minutes. I do know that we were out of the park by about 11am so getting there any later than we did may make a big difference. I will say, that our family thought it was a great ride and very well worth getting there early or waiting in a long line to ride it at least once.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I would think you would be able to get a fastpass for it if you arrive around the time you stated...of course it might be for very late in the day. Toy Story Mania is now by far the most popular attraction at WDW.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Actually, the parks are pretty dead right now. TSM has about a 80-90 min wait (which is NOTHING).

But I will say, you'll have a better chance of getting in, if you go later in the evening. You might want to sacrifice Fantasmic for it, and see Fant another night if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there 2 weeks ago, arrived at 10:00am. We went right to TSM to get a fastpass. The return time was for 6:00pm. Luckily the ride was closed for tech problems. We walked back by 10 minutes later and they were opening after being closed for 3 hours and were able to walk right on. When we exited, the wait was already 70 minutes. If you're able to stick around for the return time its worth it. Waiting for 70-90 minutes is a little difficult unless me and the wife switch off for trips to the Margarita bar by The honey I shrunk the kids set!!!
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

Be prepared to wait on line if you don't get a Fast Pass and they go VERY quickly.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

A few days ago (Sep 3) I arrived at the Studios around 11:30am and the wait was only about 40 minutes. Fast Passes were available for 3:30pm or so at that time.

Post Thanks / Like

Last week of August, FP's were GONE by 11:05.

The ride is good - VERY GOOD - but that's ridiculous!!!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We are goin in March and are hoping that the lines will die down by then and with the Spring Breaks not yet starting, we may luck out
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Was just there this weekend. Even went for EMH in morning to DHS. We went more towards ToT and such first. By the time we made it to TSM it was 12:00. Were still Fastpasses available for aboutr 6:00ish I think. But we had dinner ressies at 6:40 at Epcot so we just stood in the standby line. Said wait was 50 minutes. But it was the last thing we had to do at the park so it wasn't that bad. Only ride we had to wait more than 15 minutes for. Parks were empty this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any explanation why they got rid of the single-rider line? For a ride that draws such crowds, it would seem that the single-rider line would be a great addition...
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

You know why they keep doing away with the single riders like TSM and Soarin'?

Because a lot of families see that the single rider has a 30 minute wait instead of a 180 minute wait. They'll go in the single rider, even though it says they will be separated and then when they get to the loading area, they complain that they want to stay together. Complain loud and long enough, and a single rider line becomes a party of 8 line. They then ride together, and thus, held up BOTH lines by arguing, and caused longer than necessary waits because they wanted to be stubborn and try to cheat the system.

And that is the official "Unofficial" word direct from the mouths of my friends at TSM.

Post Thanks / Like

How frustrating! Especially for those who follow the rules and choose to make the sacrifice of being separated from their parties to get the shorter wait time!
    Still, wouldn't it be better to have several signs posted very clearly and bluntly indicating the rules of the single rider line, and then simply to "eject" anyone from the line who is not willing to follow those rules, the same way that people without a FP would not be allowed to ride if they were on the FP line, rather than doing away with the line altogether?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: