Quantcast 'Caribbean Beach' getting a makeover?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Question 'Caribbean Beach' getting a makeover?

I heard recently that CBR was getting a makeover. I heard it would be pirate themed. Is that true? We are planning to stay there in two more years and hope the makeover will be done by then. Does anyone know what they are doing?
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the 6 guest room villages, Trinidad South, is having ALL of the rooms TOTALLY redone in a total pirate theme. These rooms are bookable as of 2009, and cost more per night than a standard room. Trinidad South is the farthest village from Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, shops, etc.

ALL of the other rooms are getting new furniture and bedspreads as well as a wallpaper border around the top of the walls (not sure about painting); the carpeting is NOT being replaced. The new rooms have a slight "Finding Nemo" theme (bedspreads and borders). Some of the rooms are already completed ... I'm sure the entire resort will be done in less than 2 years!

The main pool complex has been closed for about 9 months and is scheduled to open later this month after a complete and total redesign. The new main pool has a pirate theme, a zero-depth entry, a much-improved pool slide, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Which ones are done?

I will be staying there in 19 days and I am curious. do you happen to know if Jamaica or Aruba have been redone?
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    I will be staying there in 19 days and I am curious. do you happen to know if Jamaica or Aruba have been redone?
    I would be interested to know what areas have been redone, too. (We leave this friday! ) So far, all I've heard is that they were working in Martinique.......but that was weeks ago. And I wonder why they aren't replacing the carpet when they are replacing almost everything else???

Have fun on your trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: