Quantcast general questions for trip in November

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default general questions for trip in November

We always visit the first or second week in December. But this year due to changes in school, ballet and marching band schedules (I think my kids are in two many activities), we had to move our trip to Nov 17-21.

I was so happy to see that we will be able to see the Christmas parade on our last day. I am worried that the whole time we are there, we will see nothing but castmembers decorating everywhere--or is that done at night?
    Is this a busy time (right before Thanksgiving?) Are there any Thanksgiving themed changes? What should I know about going in November?
    Don't get me wrong--I am very excited to go. Our littlest one is finally big enough to go on most rides with us. No more baby switch pass and tears--yeah!
    Susanne

Mom to 6 rowdy kids,
    1 Keeshond, 1 cat and 2 horses

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was all set to allay some of your fears about November when I saw that you are Disneyland, not World. However, November is my favorite time of year to visit DW and I can't imagine it would be any different at DL (which I also LOVE with much fervor). At WDW, the Christmas decorations are pretty much set by early to mid-November so no, you shouldn't see CMs running around with tinsel. Even so, most of that is done in the overnight - like when DH and I stayed at the Dolphin one November - we went to bed one night with a huge fountain in the lobby, the next morning it had been replaced with a giant poinsettia tree! I guess the elves did it while we were sleeping.

You should have a great time! Let us know what it's like.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

I have always enjoyed visiting in November. The week before the Thanksgiving break shouldn't be too crazy yet. Christmas decorations should be up everywhere by that time.

I love the Christmas Fantasy parade! Try to make time to see it. Also go over to Big Thunder Ranch and visit the Reindeer Round-up. It should be open by the 21st.

DLR kind of jumps from Halloween to Christmas, not necessarily anything Thanksgiving themed that I can think of.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

You should be okay crowd-wise. You will be leaving right before Thanksgiving break begins. My mother loved that week for DL and we went often. Don't forget the rain gear though! You never know!

Post Thanks / Like

Default We are going the same time

My thoughts and hopes are that we are going between the 2 holidays, so it should be great. I am also concerned. My biggest concern is that the castle will be covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdhiatt View Post
    My thoughts and hopes are that we are going between the 2 holidays, so it should be great. I am also concerned. My biggest concern is that the castle will be covered.
    All the decorations are up by the first weekend in December -- that is generally the big launch of the Christmas season, so the Castle will more than likely already be covered with lights. I normally go to the park the 1st weekend in December and the park is fully decorated, including the castle.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

The decorations are actually usually all up by Thanksgiving.

It is the perfect time of the year to visit Disneyland!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: