Quantcast 1 can't go

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 1 can't go

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 can't go

Hello I leave sunday to go to wdw, one person will not be going with us what do I do? Do I need to cancel him with Disney? and what do I do with the plane ticket?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At this late time, I would suggest that that person eat the cost(s) and just be a no-show. You can't bail two days out and think there won't be a penalty.

If they got ticket, those won't expire until 14 days after first use. So, they can use those next tie they are int he world. You can check on the airfare, but just make sure you don't have to cancel anything and rebook. Doing that will probably force you to lose and "deals" you got. Planning a trip two days out and you're probably looking at rack rates for everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tracy65 View Post
    Hello I leave sunday to go to wdw, one person will not be going with us what do I do? Do I need to cancel him with Disney? and what do I do with the plane ticket?
    There are a lot of factors here. Some of it depends on if you booked a package, if you booked a special deal or "standard" rates, etc.

Some arlines will allow a cancellation for a refund, less $100 of the total. So if it was a $200 plane ticket, you may be able to get $100 back, for example. Other airlines only allow airline credit, some allow no refunds or cancellations at all.

Assuming you still need the same number of rooms, there really is no change in the room situation. You can simply inform them on check-in there's 1 less person in the room.

I would call your travel agent if you booked with one, otherwise call your airline and WDW individually to explain the situation and find out your options.

Good luck!
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I can pack really quick!

Post Thanks / Like

We had this happen once too. We are DVC and booked using points, so we didn’t do anything with the room. For our plane tickets, I simply called the night before and cancelled them. I would just check the penalty and rebooking details though. There was no fee for cancellation but there would have been a $50 rebooking fee plus the difference between what we paid for the original tickets and the new ones. But we had to rebook within a year from the date we originally booked, not the date that we were scheduled to leave. We only found this out when we tried to rebook and it was already too late. So we ended up just losing the tickets I would check with your airline (I think we flew Delta) but just make sure you're clear on their rules. In our case it was for medical reasons so even though we could prove it we were just out of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey me too. Let me just grab my bag!!!
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

If you are flying Southwest, you'll be able to get full credit for the plane ticket (to be used within a year of when you purchased the ticket). If you are flying someone else, there will be a penalty, but you might be able to get some of the money back if you cancel in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You all for the help

Post Thanks / Like

You can call and remove the person from the reservation. Since you are making a change that lowers the overall price within 45 days of your arrival, I believe you will be charged a $50 fee. However, I believe you will receive a refund of the cost of the person's park ticket and dining plan (if dining plan was part of the ressie). Your refund will definitely be more than the $50 fee!

You should also contact the airline. They may be able to help you with a credit or partial refund. Also, dependent upon why the person cannot go (if they are ill) you may be covered by your trip insurance if you purchased it. WDW usually offers the trip insurance when you book, so check to see if you have any!

Good luck and have a great trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: