Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Congrats on the two year anni!!! Its nice to have a go-to person for some weather questions!

I am now worried about Ike. I'm not worried about it at WDW (except the night of the 12), but for getting to WDW!!! We will leave Thurs, Sept 11 from DFW. Is this the time frame that Ike could possibly be around the US/Caribbean??
    dittos on the two years....also dittos on the worried about Ike (looks like it blew up into a four last night)...DW will flying to WDW this weekend...hoping the storm will head up off the coast and curve out to sea.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! We are driving from Raleigh NC. Leaving Sept 19 for a cruise out of JAX Sept 20 to the Bahamas. We return the 25th for 3 nights at WDW. I can't control the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so Ike is now a cat 3 but now predicted to be a major threat to Florida. If so when and how bad do you think it will effect WDW? I say go but the Significant Other says, Maybe not HELP
    82, 84, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 92, - Poly
    96 - Grand Floridian
    04 - Beach Club
    05 - POP
    06 - Wilderness Lodge
    07 - Coronado Springs
    07 - All Star Music
    08 - 11 Coronado Springs
    12 - Old Key West Villa
    13 - Old Key West Villa
    13 - Coronado Springs
    14 - Old Key West Villa

Post Thanks / Like

Flying to WDW tomorrow we're so excited but a little concerned, what are the chances of Ike closing the parks if it makes landfall in Florida?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JIMINY13 View Post
    Ok, so Ike is now a cat 3 but now predicted to be a major threat to Florida. If so when and how bad do you think it will effect WDW? I say go but the Significant Other says, Maybe not HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by caryfer1733 View Post
    Flying to WDW tomorrow we're so excited but a little concerned, what are the chances of Ike closing the parks if it makes landfall in Florida?
    It's a really tough call right now. I'm about to do a full update and that will be up by 9 am this morning. Right now it looks like IF Ike impacts WDW that will come on Wednesday. Will it close the parks? Can't say right now. My gut feeling is that Ike may come inland around Miami, but I really think this upper trough will pick Ike up and sweep him NE before the impact at WDW becomes too great. He's probably going to be a major hurricane when he nears Miami, so if he does stay inland then WDW will definitely get some impact, but keep a watch on this post. I'm trying to update a couple of times a day and by Sunday we should have a better handle on any potential WDW impact.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    It's a really tough call right now. I'm about to do a full update and that will be up by 9 am this morning. Right now it looks like IF Ike impacts WDW that will come on Wednesday. Will it close the parks? Can't say right now. My gut feeling is that Ike may come inland around Miami, but I really think this upper trough will pick Ike up and sweep him NE before the impact at WDW becomes too great. He's probably going to be a major hurricane when he nears Miami, so if he does stay inland then WDW will definitely get some impact, but keep a watch on this post. I'm trying to update a couple of times a day and by Sunday we should have a better handle on any potential WDW impact.
    This makes me a little nervous because we're leaving in the morning at 5am and won't have access to the internet while we're gone (We're staying a value resort and don't want to pay $10 a day to get the internet). I guess I'm just going to have to make my parents check while I'm gone and let me know what's going on. Thanks again, Chris!
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygeek84 View Post
    This makes me a little nervous because we're leaving in the morning at 5am and won't have access to the internet while we're gone (We're staying a value resort and don't want to pay $10 a day to get the internet). I guess I'm just going to have to make my parents check while I'm gone and let me know what's going on. Thanks again, Chris!
    I hope you have a safe trip. WDW will keep you updated while you're there. They have a WDW weather feed on the TV in your room or, as you mentioned, have your parents keep a check here. I'll be updating as often as there's something to update.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Strmchsr! I'm keeping an eye on this thread and hope Ike doesn't ruin our vacation next week
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the daily updates, Strmchsr. Every morning I nervously check this thread, as our trip is slowly coming out of voodooland and into actual predictionland.

Appreciate your hard work!!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, thanks for your daily updates - we are due to fly from the UK on 18/sept and have avidly read your reports.

Fingers crossed that nothing comes in behind Ike / Josephine over the next 2 weeks......

We were there for Hurricane Jeanne and that was scary especially coming from the UK and had never experienced anything other than a few gales!! but needless to say WDW took great care of us and made us feel very safe

Thanks Chris and WDW (See you soon)
    1992 - Offsite, 1995 - Offsite, 1997 - Offsite,
    1998 - Disney All Star Sports, 2004 - Disney All Star Movies, 2005 - Disney All Star Movies, 2008 - Disney Pop Century, 2010 - Disney All Star Sports,
    2011 - Disney Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymad1998 View Post
    Fingers crossed that nothing comes in behind Ike / Josephine over the next 2 weeks......
    I hope you have a wonderful visit to the USA!!!

It is, of course, impossible to say whether we'll see anything coming behind Josephine (who has now dissipated and doesn't look to reform). However, the pulse that caused all these storms at one time has gone away and it's entirely possible that things will calm down for a while!
    Peace,
    Chris
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Hey and War Eagle/Roll Tide to you, Strmchaser! I'm just a little bit north of you in Helena, outside of Birmingham.

What do you think about this storm now? It looks like it's following very close to the path of Gustavo, most of the models keep pushing it further and further west as we go. It also looks like it's losing a little strength, which is a very good thing.

Of course, as with all hurricanes, everything is subject to change this far out.

What timeframe do you think it'll make landfall, wherever it goes?
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Roll Tide for DW's sake (though I'm a Miss State Bulldog!) I'm always glad to see another Alabama person on here, especially someone right up I-65!

You're right that Ike is right on Gustav's footsteps, which is a good thing because all the upwelling caused by Gustav will limit Ike's ability to intensify. Where he ends up is in total chaos right now, though. It all depends on this series of short-wave troughs that are developing this week. The one that was forecast to pick Ike up and take him over FL is being REALLY slow to develop and may miss Ike. If that happens then TX or LA will be the place of landfall. If the trough picks Ike up but he breaks loose, it'll be AL, and if it does get him then it'll be FL. So, it'll be Tuesday probably before we really know where he's going.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

It is, of course, impossible to say whether we'll see anything coming behind Josephine (who has now dissipated and doesn't look to reform). However, the pulse that caused all these storms at one time has gone away and it's entirely possible that things will calm down for a while!
    Peace,
    Chris
    That would be nice! My MIL and FIL were going to be in the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks beginning Aug 31 but they changed the trip to the end of Sept. Thank God they did. DR and Haiti have been hit by everything coming through lately.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I hope you have a wonderful, restful trip to the World on the 29th, with the best weather ever! Goodness knows you deserve a fun rest after all the extra work these storms have thrown at you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much!! And I hope you did well through Hannah. I know NC REALLY needed the rain as badly as we did with Fay last month.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymad1998 View Post

We were there for Hurricane Jeanne and that was scary especially coming from the UK and had never experienced anything other than a few gales!! but needless to say WDW took great care of us and made us feel very safe

Same here, hoping nothing behind Josephine. And yes, also endured Hurricane Jeanne.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Peace,
    Chris
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You so much Chris for these wonderful weather reports . I can finally calm down and start packing my things! I check your reports everyday! We leave in 10 days and its nice to see that everything is starting to calm down!!

Sept 18-28 POR Surprising my 2 sons

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much!! And I hope you did well through Hannah. I know NC REALLY needed the rain as badly as we did with Fay last month.
    Thanks. In our area (the Triangle, located in the middle of the state), we didn't have any real problems with Hannah, the wind wasn't bad, and we got 6-7 inches of rain, again, not bad. There was only minimal flooding in a few spots here. I imagine the western part of the state would like to have had the rain the eastern part got, but, as we well know - we can't control the weather!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: