Quantcast dinner plus Fantasmic

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default dinner plus Fantasmic

We have resies at 5:10 at Hollywood and Vine for the dinner and Fantasmic package. The show does not start until 8. I know we will be done eating by 6 or so--do we have to sit around that whole time or can we go out in the park for an hour or so?? I don't think the kids will wait that whole time. Also, any ideas about where we will be seated or offered a seat?

Thanks!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the Fantasmic dinner package at H&V this past March. At the end of your meal, your server will give you a ticket which shows that you have priority seating. After we finished our meal we walked around a bit and then went to the show.

You will enter the theater from a side entrance. There isn't any assigned seating per person with the dinner package - it is a roped off area on the right hand side of the theater. Seating is still first come - first served, within this area. We went into the theater about 30 minutes before the show began and there were plenty of empty seats to choose from. (The seating is bleachers).

Honestly, there really isn't a "bad" seat in the whole place. The way the show is set up, I think you'd get a good view no matter where in the theater you sit. The advantage to doing the dinner package is that you don't have to wait in line for an hour or more and you are guaranteed a decent seat.

Fantasmic was great!! I hope you enjoy it!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

No, you don't have to be seated yet for Fantasmic. They give you a time frame to be at the gate for those with dinner packages and you are welcome to do what you like until that point.

My DW and I will be doing a 3:50 Fantasmic package at H&V this year due to the free dining craze. In the past, our dinner ressies have been as early as 5:30, and we would always catch a show or a couple of rides after dinner before heading to the gate.

Have fun!!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys! That helps so much!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that WDW has announced that they are going to be reducing the number of Fantasmic showings later this year or the beginning of next year. (Sorry I don't remember the date.) What that means is that the showings that do take place are likely to be more full than we have grown accustomed to which means there may be more people taking advantage of the dinner package.

The reason I bring this up is that while I agree with an earlier poster that said there really isn't a bad seat in the place some folks are rather adamant about getting a seat down front. If you are one of those folks than you may want to get your seats earlier rather than later once Disney goes to this shortened schedule.

Of course, if you do sit down front and the wind is blowing the wrong way you may get VERY wet. We were there one time and were seated about 1/4 way up from the bottom and ended up going all the way up to the handicap area to get away from the over spray! It was January and the temperature at show time that evening was in the 50's so getting wet was not our idea of a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

You are sooo right. We always go in january and the nights do get cool. We had blankets with us last year. Downright chilly!

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is strange, but I love getting our seats early. Just to watch people watch. DH says I am strange, they leave me to do other things.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I know this is strange, but I love getting our seats early. Just to watch people watch. DH says I am strange, they leave me to do other things.
    We do that as well...it is nice to relax for a while and not to be on your feet at the end of a long day. We also will hit the snack shop at the top of the theater before it starts getting too crowded.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: