Quantcast Evening Extra Magic Hours Policy Change Effective 9/7/08: Updated with Report - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, who cares?

I'll be in WDW, not at work, and enjoying time away with my DH.

I'll just get us a couple lanyards (even though I hate wearing them), and we'll wear those during EMH. No biggie.

I'll reserve judgment until I see how it works for myself.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any early word yet on how it's going?
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Oh just wonderful!

Hotels off-property have been giving out wristbands saying they could be used for EMH. They don't have the words EMH written on them, but they are various colors.

It also does create problems because well, people are leaving the keys at home.

Just like I knew it would.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a message board for people who love or at least like Disney isn't it??? I sure am seeing a lot of "I am never coming to Disney again" sentiments over something fairly minor!

I am going to reserve judgement on this until I experience it. I mean, I was never too thrilled with having to trek to a wristband stand across the park in the middle of the afternoon and then stand in line, so this may be a better (if not the best solution). No matter what, there is not going to be a perfect solution, there is always going to be some inconvinience to someone in every method they try. As for it being a cost cutting measure- it may be, but lest we forget Disney is a business with stockholders and employees to pay.

I wasn't to thrilled with the Magic Your Way tickets since you had to pay for the non-experation option, but even those have started to grow on me once I realized that I could afford to add more days in the park to each vacation for a cheaper price than the old tickets. This new system may grow on us too as it gets going....

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Default EMH wristbands

Just a slight aside from an old first-timer. Is there any list of ALL the colors or the rotation? My daughter has about 30 in varying colors & says she is only missing PINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live from the Poly

Just returned to my room at the Poly after EHM at MK. The official story we heard at Splash, BTMRR, & Space was that the reason they got rid of wrist bands is because of litter, apparently people would rip them off and throw them on the ground on property. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal to show our keys, but it did slow down the process because the CMs did scrutinize them. We had to show them at every ride.

Time to rest up for more TSMM and Blizzard Beach.
    Aloha,
    Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleCiavo View Post
    Just returned to my room at the Poly after EHM at MK. The official story we heard at Splash, BTMRR, & Space was that the reason they got rid of wrist bands is because of litter, apparently people would rip them off and throw them on the ground on property. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal to show our keys, but it did slow down the process because the CMs did scrutinize them. We had to show them at every ride.
    Thanks for the 'live' report, Karen.

Hope the rest of your trip is great!

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to find out what happens when somebody loses their card on a ride. A quick resolution that doesn't require 15 or 20 minutes at City Hall is what I'm looking for here. Maybe it would never happen, but I can certainly envision the possibility of a kid on Big Thunder Mountain with no lanyard and no pockets, clutching his card, and only realizing when he tries to queue up for the next ride that he dropped it.

By the way, it is because we are heavy duty Disney fans/enthusiasts that we scrutinize these things. The average person probably doesn't care enough to have an opinion either way (or even know about it at all) until they personally encounter the issue. I would hope that Intercot isn't about rubber stamping everything Disney does and celebrating it. They might as well call it Stepfordcot if independent thought and analysis is to be discouraged/prevented.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I would love to find out what happens when somebody loses their card on a ride. A quick resolution that doesn't require 15 or 20 minutes at City Hall is what I'm looking for here. Maybe it would never happen, but I can certainly envision the possibility of a kid on Big Thunder Mountain with no lanyard and no pockets, clutching his card, and only realizing when he tries to queue up for the next ride that he dropped it.
    And yet again, I ask: How would losing a KTTW card be any different than losing anything else? Your park pass must come out of your pocket/wallet/pouch to obtain fastpasses, to enter parks, to get into your room... How are you any more likely to lose your KTTW card than any other card that comes out of your pocket for any of the various daily WDW tasks? Could not you lose your card on a bus? At a restaurant? Why on earth would anyone hold on to their card in their hand all the time? If a child is so young as to not have a way to carry the card, the parent should hold onto the card for them, or give them a way to secure the card (lanyard, belt pack, etc).

Am I crazy? Am I the only one who doesn't see some insane increase in the amount of lost cards of any kind? Speaking from personal experience, I'm constantly taking one kind of card or another out of my pocket for any number of things at WDW. This is no different. If I'm not losing cards any other way, why would this be any riskier? Has anyone here ever lost their credit card when taking it out to pay for food or souveniers at WDW? Have any of you ever lost your park ticket while pulling it out of your pocket/beltpack/wallet and then putting it back after the card never leaves your hand? If your child can't hold on to a KTTW card for EMH, what do you do with their park tickets? How do you obtain fastpasses?

By the way, it is because we are heavy duty Disney fans/enthusiasts that we scrutinize these things. The average person probably doesn't care enough to have an opinion either way (or even know about it at all) until they personally encounter the issue. I would hope that Intercot isn't about rubber stamping everything Disney does and celebrating it. They might as well call it Stepfordcot if independent thought and analysis is to be discouraged/prevented.
    Scrutiny is one thing, overreaction, panic, hyperbole, and dramatization are a whole different thing. I'm not saying you are doing any of those things, and despite how contrary I sound, I do absolutely see where you're coming from - in theory, the more "transactions" you have to make with a card of some type, the more likely you are to lose it, but that's like saying the more times you play the lottery, the more likely you are to hit the big jackpot, or the more you fly in an airplane, the more likely you are to be involved in an accident of some kind. While that's technically true, if the odds go from one in a million to TWO in a million or THREE in a million, aren't the odds still ridiculously against it happening?

My point here is that some people are making this sound like the end of the world and that there are going to be now suddenly hundreds of people losing their KTTW, children everywhere having to hold onto their cards with nowhere to put them when they previously didn't have to, etc. I just don't see how that's happening.

Get a waistpack, put your KTTW and only your KTTW into the front zippered pocket. Get a lanyard. Keep the card in your pocket. Punch a hole in it, get a keychain, attach the keychain to your belt/beltloop. Keep the card in your back pocket.

Inconvenience? Obviously yes. Major inconvenience? Please, really, think about it. You used to have to pay for E-ride nights. Yes, maybe it was better and more empty and fun back then, but now you get it for free. Go the extra mile to find a way to secure your KTTW just like you secure your park ticket, room keys, car keys, credit cards, ATM cards, and cash.

I'm constantly in my daily life taking things in and out of my pocket/wallet. I've never come close to losing something that never leaves my hand, and during EMH, your KTTW never leaves your hand. How is your risk of losing it suddenly through the roof? How are you suddenly so inconvenienced by this that you're considering never going to another EMH. Is that really the deciding factor here? That's really putting you over the top?

Sorry to ramble on so much. I'm honestly not intending to sound as harsh as I imagine I probably do, and believe me, I honestly acknowledge that this is definitely somewhat of an inconvenience in contrast to the wristbands. However, to me, this is hardly the one thing that would deter me from attending an EMH night. Personally, I kind of like the idea of not having to obtain a wristband and being able to just stay in the park. I slip out my card when the mood suits me to hop in line for an attraction, slip it back in after it's checked.
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    And yet again, I ask: How would losing a KTTW card be any different than losing anything else? Your park pass must come out of your pocket/wallet/pouch to obtain fastpasses, to enter parks, to get into your room... How are you any more likely to lose your KTTW card than any other card that comes out of your pocket for any of the various daily WDW tasks? Could not you lose your card on a bus? At a restaurant? Why on earth would anyone hold on to their card in their hand all the time? If a child is so young as to not have a way to carry the card, the parent should hold onto the card for them, or give them a way to secure the card (lanyard, belt pack, etc).

Am I crazy? Am I the only one who doesn't see some insane increase in the amount of lost cards of any kind? Speaking from personal experience, I'm constantly taking one kind of card or another out of my pocket for any number of things at WDW. This is no different. If I'm not losing cards any other way, why would this be any riskier? Has anyone here ever lost their credit card when taking it out to pay for food or souveniers at WDW? Have any of you ever lost your park ticket while pulling it out of your pocket/beltpack/wallet and then putting it back after the card never leaves your hand? If your child can't hold on to a KTTW card for EMH, what do you do with their park tickets? How do you obtain fastpasses?

Scrutiny is one thing, overreaction, panic, hyperbole, and dramatization are a whole different thing. I'm not saying you are doing any of those things, and despite how contrary I sound, I do absolutely see where you're coming from - in theory, the more "transactions" you have to make with a card of some type, the more likely you are to lose it, but that's like saying the more times you play the lottery, the more likely you are to hit the big jackpot, or the more you fly in an airplane, the more likely you are to be involved in an accident of some kind. While that's technically true, if the odds go from one in a million to TWO in a million or THREE in a million, aren't the odds still ridiculously against it happening?

My point here is that some people are making this sound like the end of the world and that there are going to be now suddenly hundreds of people losing their KTTW, children everywhere having to hold onto their cards with nowhere to put them when they previously didn't have to, etc. I just don't see how that's happening.

Get a waistpack, put your KTTW and only your KTTW into the front zippered pocket. Get a lanyard. Keep the card in your pocket. Punch a hole in it, get a keychain, attach the keychain to your belt/beltloop. Keep the card in your back pocket.

Inconvenience? Obviously yes. Major inconvenience? Please, really, think about it. You used to have to pay for E-ride nights. Yes, maybe it was better and more empty and fun back then, but now you get it for free. Go the extra mile to find a way to secure your KTTW just like you secure your park ticket, room keys, car keys, credit cards, ATM cards, and cash.

I'm constantly in my daily life taking things in and out of my pocket/wallet. I've never come close to losing something that never leaves my hand, and during EMH, your KTTW never leaves your hand. How is your risk of losing it suddenly through the roof? How are you suddenly so inconvenienced by this that you're considering never going to another EMH. Is that really the deciding factor here? That's really putting you over the top?

Sorry to ramble on so much. I'm honestly not intending to sound as harsh as I imagine I probably do, and believe me, I honestly acknowledge that this is definitely somewhat of an inconvenience in contrast to the wristbands. However, to me, this is hardly the one thing that would deter me from attending an EMH night. Personally, I kind of like the idea of not having to obtain a wristband and being able to just stay in the park. I slip out my card when the mood suits me to hop in line for an attraction, slip it back in after it's checked.
    I agree completely with you. You may well be crazy, but you're right about this.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

...If I'm not losing cards any other way, why would this be any riskier? Has anyone here ever lost their credit card when taking it out to pay for food or souveniers at WDW? Have any of you ever lost your park ticket while pulling it out of your pocket/beltpack/wallet and then putting it back after the card never leaves your hand?

...I'm constantly in my daily life taking things in and out of my pocket/wallet. I've never come close to losing something that never leaves my hand, and during EMH, your KTTW never leaves your hand. How is your risk of losing it suddenly through the roof?
    PSSSSSTTTT.... Vito, don't you know about the secret giant magnet on the Liberty Tree that quietly vacuums the KTTW card right out of your hand and into its upper leaves, never to return, and creating despondent children all over the park? This is the underhanded plan Disney has to begin to get rid of EMH nights!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said. I read most of this post last night and couldn't beleive how over dramatized this became. The only person this may be a problem for is the CM's. As a guest at WDW I use my card to enter the park, get fast passes, pay for dining, get into my room and to pay for merchandise. Using the card for fast passes strike me as a much larger opportunity to loose the card vs. flashing it to get onto a ride.

When we visit WDW in two weeks and we do an EMH and have to flash our cards is it going to make my experience any different than last year? Maybe, because now I don't have to trudge all the way across the park and wait in line to get a wrist band. For the majority of us who won't loose their cards this seems like a lot easier process.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

If off-site hotels are giving out wristbands, shouldn't Disney find out why? And maybe Disney should post a sign at the turstiles that lets off-site guests know that the wristbands can not get them entrance to EMH since EMH is still a benefit for ON-PROPERTY guests only.
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    When we visit WDW in two weeks and we do an EMH and have to flash our cards is it going to make my experience any different than last year? Maybe, because now I don't have to trudge all the way across the park and wait in line to get a wrist band. For the majority of us who won't loose their cards this seems like a lot easier process.
    Ooooh - this brings up a point that I have not seen discussed in this thread yet. We may spend slightly more time in line for the EMH rides because cast members have to check cards instead of glancing at wristbands, but we gain the time back that we used to spend traveling to the wristband distribution location and waiting in line for them. For us, we were never near the wristband location and the lines for them were always loooonnnng.

I'm not a math whiz, but I thought I remembered something from my economics classes about odds working something like this. The chance of 1 of 2 outcomes (either losing the card or not losing the card) occuring is 50/50, each time you perform the action. Therefore, the odds of actually losing the card each time are the same, but the odds of it occuring over a time period may increase. So theoretically, if you previously pulled out your card 5 times in one day to obtain 5 fastpasses and the next day, you didn't get any fastpasses but rode 5 EMH rides - your odds of losing your card each day is actually the same. True, you may still get fastpasses one day AND go for EMH nights, but theoretically this example shows that just because they are being taken out for EMH it doesn't increase the odds of losing them over taking them out to obtain a fastpass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    IBy the way, it is because we are heavy duty Disney fans/enthusiasts that we scrutinize these things. The average person probably doesn't care enough to have an opinion either way (or even know about it at all) until they personally encounter the issue. I would hope that Intercot isn't about rubber stamping everything Disney does and celebrating it. They might as well call it Stepfordcot if independent thought and analysis is to be discouraged/prevented.
    Again, scrutiny and debate is one thing. But it is apparent from some people's posts that they are not heavy duty Disney fans if they are claiming that this is the "last straw" for them - maybe they once were, but not anymore. And the OP you are referring to wasn't suggesting that we rubber stamp everything they do - merely that this has been primarily a fan board, and it is unusual to see so much negative criticism here, especially over something fairly minor.

Of course, people are generally resistent to change of any sort, so I suppose anger is to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    Oh Hotels off-property have been giving out wristbands saying they could be used for EMH. They don't have the words EMH written on them, but they are various colors.
    Can you explain this further? Other hotels are actually giving their guests conterfeit wristbands?! Are you serious? I find it hard to believe that they can legally do this. That is a sad sad commentary on the ethics of our society if major hotels are actually blatantly cheating.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Don't the KTTK cards have the date you are staying on them? So how can someone give someone else their old card? Mine always says my check in to check out dates plainly right on the front of the card.
    DVC Member since June 2005
    Bay Lake Towers; Animal Kingdom Villas; Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member Cruise on the Dream 9/18-22/11
    My most magical memory of all...Engaged at Port Orleans, November 6, 2004

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Oh yes. We found several blue ones floating around. We asked the Guests to show their KTTW card (because we knew there were no more wristbands), and when nothing came out, they were escorted to the exit and the bands removed.

Now, there are still bands for MNSSHP. There HAS to be otherwise it would be impossible to clear the park.

And while cards do have the dates on them, they are often surrounded by other info. DDP info, DVC Info, the account number (for the resort, not your card or anything), the tracking info (again, resort info). There is A LOT of little print, and I can tell you that the CM's probably don't look all that closely. I mean, even on the FPs we barely glance at them other than the time frame (tsk tsk bad CM's). But there is just too much info on to process at once in a few seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment78 View Post
    I'm not a math whiz, but I thought I remembered something from my economics classes about odds working something like this. The chance of 1 of 2 outcomes (either losing the card or not losing the card) occuring is 50/50, each time you perform the action. Therefore, the odds of actually losing the card each time are the same, but the odds of it occuring over a time period may increase. So theoretically, if you previously pulled out your card 5 times in one day to obtain 5 fastpasses and the next day, you didn't get any fastpasses but rode 5 EMH rides - your odds of losing your card each day is actually the same. True, you may still get fastpasses one day AND go for EMH nights, but theoretically this example shows that just because they are being taken out for EMH it doesn't increase the odds of losing them over taking them out to obtain a fastpass.
    I'm a math teacher, so hopefully I can clear this up a bit

The situation you're talking about (the 50/50 thing) is with regard to outcomes that are equally likely (such as flipping a coin), and when the outcomes are independent of each other.

For example, the probability of flipping heads on a coin is 1/2 (50/50, 50%, .5). The odds of flipping heads on the next toss is still 1/2 (50/50, 50%, .5). Even if you happen to flip heads 100 times in a row, as ridiculously unlikely as that is to happen, the chance of flipping heads once again on the 101st flip is STILL 50/50. The previous events (flipping heads 100 times) have no impact on what comes next, and the odds have not changed.

The probability I mentioned (losing your card) is not a case of 50/50. You're not equally likely to lose your card as you are to hold on to it. The chances of losing a card that you take out of your pocket, let's say for argument's sake, is 1 in a million. Perhaps you have to scratch your ear, you put the card down for a second, and it blows away. Something like that. Basically, the odds are really stacked against it happening if you're careful with it.

The thing is, every time you pull that card out, you're increasing your chances that you'll eventually lose it. If you take your card out twice in one day, you're more likely to lose it vs. if you took it out just once that day. Three times, and you're even more likely, and so on. The more opportunities there are for you to lose the card, the more you're "flirting with danger" of it actually happening. It's like playing a slot machine - you're eventually going to hit the jackpot if you keep playing enough.

You can kind of equate that to playing the lottery - playing once in one day gives you a 1 in 50,000,000 chance of winning (just picking a number out of the air). Playing two different sets of numbers in one day gives you 2 in 50,000,000 chance of winning, or 1 in 25,000,000. You've doubled your chances of winning by picking TWO different possible outcomes out of the 50,000,000 total possible combinations.

So every time you take a credit card, KTTW, etc out of your pocket, you're giving yourself yet one further chance to lose it. That's basically a fact. Take something out of your pocket enough times, and eventually you'll find a way to lose it, even if it takes hundreds of years.

And just to tie all this off topic stuff back into the topic, my argument in all this, is that yes, you're going to double or triple your chances of losing your KTTW if you have to keep taking it out for EMH. However, if you're careful with your important cards (like you always should be), then the odds are so ridiculously slim that you'll lose it in the first place, and in turn your odds are still ridiculously slim no matter how many times you take it out over the course of a day or during an EMH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    Oh yes. We found several blue ones floating around. We asked the Guests to show their KTTW card (because we knew there were no more wristbands), and when nothing came out, they were escorted to the exit and the bands removed.
    I'm wondering if the reports of off-property hotels giving out these wristbands isn't just in reality a case of a guest trying to pass off the blame and play innocent.

If an off-site guest or AP holder who isn't staying on property wants to try and "sneak in" to an EMH, and wasn't aware of the wristband discontinuation, I could see them making up some story about how their off-site hotel gave them the wristbands. This way they don't have to admit that they planned out the whole "crime" themselves, and can play innocent. Maybe they're hoping Disney is sympathetic that they've been wrongfully decieved by an off-site hotel, or maybe they're just hoping that Disney won't take/void their park tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

I Have Been Staying On Property for Several years now. When the EMH first started you had to pay $10.00 at your resort and get a ticket to present at a particular location at each park. No long lines it was better than now, even with having to pay the 10 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a math teacher, so hopefully I can clear this up a bit

The situation you're talking about (the 50/50 thing) is with regard to outcomes that are equally likely (such as flipping a coin), and when the outcomes are independent of each other.

For example, the probability of flipping heads on a coin is 1/2 (50/50, 50%, .5). The odds of flipping heads on the next toss is still 1/2 (50/50, 50%, .5). Even if you happen to flip heads 100 times in a row, as ridiculously unlikely as that is to happen, the chance of flipping heads once again on the 101st flip is STILL 50/50. The previous events (flipping heads 100 times) have no impact on what comes next, and the odds have not changed.

The probability I mentioned (losing your card) is not a case of 50/50. You're not equally likely to lose your card as you are to hold on to it. The chances of losing a card that you take out of your pocket, let's say for argument's sake, is 1 in a million. Perhaps you have to scratch your ear, you put the card down for a second, and it blows away. Something like that. Basically, the odds are really stacked against it happening if you're careful with it.
    This I agree with, what you say makes sense actually.
    The thing is, every time you pull that card out, you're increasing your chances that you'll eventually lose it. If you take your card out twice in one day, you're more likely to lose it vs. if you took it out just once that day. Three times, and you're even more likely, and so on. The more opportunities there are for you to lose the card, the more you're "flirting with danger" of it actually happening. It's like playing a slot machine - you're eventually going to hit the jackpot if you keep playing enough.

You can kind of equate that to playing the lottery - playing once in one day gives you a 1 in 50,000,000 chance of winning (just picking a number out of the air). Playing two different sets of numbers in one day gives you 2 in 50,000,000 chance of winning, or 1 in 25,000,000. You've doubled your chances of winning by picking TWO different possible outcomes out of the 50,000,000 total possible combinations.

So every time you take a credit card, KTTW, etc out of your pocket, you're giving yourself yet one further chance to lose it. That's basically a fact. Take something out of your pocket enough times, and eventually you'll find a way to lose it, even if it takes hundreds of years.
    But this is only true if you are considering the odds over a period of time. I still contend that each time you take the card out of your pocket is unrelated to the other times odds-wise. I do concede two exceptions. however. First, IF your behavior changes due to the fact that you are pulling your card out multiple times, then yes, your odds of losing it any particular time may increase (because you are getting lazy at being careful due to repetition) or they could decrease (because you may be more cognizant of it due to repetition).

Second, the odds of losing your card each time may vary each time due to any myriad of variables - maybe you were distracted by a character appearance, or maybe you are riding a ride by yourself this time because no one else wanted to ride. It can be better or worse, depending on the variables.

Which I guess brings me to the following conclusion...
    To say that taking your card out more times increases your odds of losing it is not as simple as more times out = more likely to lose it. Whether your odds of losing it increase or decrease is actually a matter of your personal behavior.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: