Quantcast Confirmed Miley Cyrus Sweet 16, Oct 5th, Disneyland. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My question is...how do I convince Disney to let me have the Magic Kingdom for my 21st birthday and sell a limited amount of tickets for my guests to celebrate with me?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Magic Kingdom in WDW is closing at 3:00PM on October 3rd.. Rumor was it was for Miley, but with the Disneyland annoucement, guess that is out the window...
    We talked with a friend who is a cast member, he said:

Miley was planning on having her party at WDW, and she requested the holiday lights on the castle. Then she changed her mind... she's going to be at DL now. But, WDW had already started getting the lights up, so they decided to go ahead and finish the job. That's why most of the lights are already on the castle, with 2 months to go until the first MVMCP.

I don't usually trust much "rumor" info that comes from a cast member. But this would explain the lights. Anyone remember when they started going up last year?

And if this is true, sounds like Miley has Mickey wrapped around her little finger. But we probably already knew that.

K, Slater!
    I take the Ferry!
    26.08 , -77.54 , 210°, 0 kn...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    That's a pretty big jump. By that same token how much good would all the money we spend at Disney do if WE used it for other purposes? A single day in the park could probably feed an entire family for a year in some countries. I'm not going to stop spending money at Disney and I doubt you (or any of us for that matter -it's a Disney board after all) will either.

Back to the topic at hand, the Disney / Miley partnership has made both of them a lot of money. Good for her and good for Disney, I've got no problem with them celebrating that and I'd happily raise a for any and all success you have as well.
    I don't recall saying you or anyone should stop spending money at Disney. My point was, how is this an example of a night paying honor to Volunteerism? You took my post completely out of context ...

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    My question is...how do I convince Disney to let me have the Magic Kingdom for my 21st birthday and sell a limited amount of tickets for my guests to celebrate with me?

I bet if you were a driving force for The Disney Channel and were on a show that made billions and billions of dollars for The Disney Company, regardless of how your image might have been questionable Disney would jump at the chance to give you a whole park to celebrate your birthday ... it worked for Miley.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I bet if you were a driving force for The Disney Channel and were on a show that made billions and billions of dollars for The Disney Company, regardless of how your image might have been questionable Disney would jump at the chance to give you a whole park to celebrate your birthday ... it worked for Miley.
    That might work...sign me up!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally do not agree with this. I hate special celebrity treatment. Always have and always will. I feel sorry for the people planning to be in DL at that time. Especially if they already had all of their plans in place. I also find it unfair to charge $250 for an event. Talk about going away from the original concept here.
    Ashley
    DVC MEMBER
    January 1989- Contemporary
    July 2001- Grand Floridian
    September 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    September 2006- Grand Floridian
    September 2007- Contemporary
    September 2008- Polynesian
    March 2009- All Star Movies
    December 2009- Bay Lake Tower 2 bedroom MK view!

Post Thanks / Like

^I wouldn't say they're giving Miley special treatment, it more seems like they're using her to make money. It isn't like they're closing the entire park for her and her friends, they're charging for tickets. Sounds more like she'll be in work mode than party mode.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by em-n-mia's-mommy View Post
    I feel sorry for the people planning to be in DL at that time. Especially if they already had all of their plans in place.
    I'm one of them and not thrilled the park went from being open until Midnight -- to closing at 5PM.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    I'm one of them and not thrilled the park went from being open until Midnight -- to closing at 5PM.
    Ummm, yeah! I would be, too!

That's 7 hours of prime (and much needed) park time you're losing out on.

I'd be perturbed to say the least.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Disney powers that be are gonna video tape some of that party for promotional purposes. Kind of a waste of effort if they dont.
    Never underestimate the power of High School Musical!

Pop Century - Dec/2004
    Pop Century - Nov/2005
    Coronado Springs - Dec/2005
    Pop Century - Nov/2007
    Dolphin - Nov-Dec/2007
    Pop Century - Dec 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Those prices are ridiculous! I wonder who dictates that. Whether it is Disney or the Cyrus camp? Regular little girls will not be able to go.
    It was the same thing with her movie/concert thing. WAY over priced for us normal fans who don't make a million dollars a month! SHAME on Disney and Miley! Maybe it will rain!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpH/keD View Post
    ... Maybe it will rain!
    More likely than that is the possibility that it will be hot fire weather with strong Santa Ana winds.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I take the Ferry View Post
    We talked with a friend who is a cast member, he said:

Miley was planning on having her party at WDW, and she requested the holiday lights on the castle. Then she changed her mind... she's going to be at DL now. But, WDW had already started getting the lights up, so they decided to go ahead and finish the job. That's why most of the lights are already on the castle, with 2 months to go until the first MVMCP.

I don't usually trust much "rumor" info that comes from a cast member. But this would explain the lights. Anyone remember when they started going up last year?

And if this is true, sounds like Miley has Mickey wrapped around her little finger. But we probably already knew that.

K, Slater!
    I take the Ferry!
    I heard that they started to put the lights up early because they already had a crane on site and used it while it was there instead of paying to have another come out ? again it could be true and it could not be true.
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe it was ever actually planned for Walt Disney World. They have pretty strict policies against this sort of thing there, as far as I've heard. The castle lights went up in September/October last year, too.

Disneyland is a different story. They have occasionally closed down lands for celebrity parties. Liz Taylor, Michael Jackson, and more recently Lindsay Lohan have all celebrated birthdays there and had the park, or parts of it, closed to general public. This is nothing new for Disneyland. It would have been shockingly out of character (no pun intended) for Disney World.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness I'm going home that day! (Oct. 5th!)

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Share This Thread On Social Media: