Quantcast Must sees at Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Must sees at Epcot

I've been to disney 2 times before and love Epcot, but yet I haven't seen much of it. Esp in the world showcase. We've only did the ride in mexico, and the movie in Canada. We've also watched the street show in italy. What are some of the must sees and must trys in the world show case. We've only eaten at Le Cellier and we always get a pastry in France, that limits are food in take. I've heard about diffrent things like the candy maker & the ride in norway that I'm going to try to hit this time, but what else. Tell me your fave things to eat, see, shop and play in the world show case. Thanks
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

EPCOT, is by far my favorite theme park.

As far as things you should see, there is a movie in Canada, US, and China. I havnt seen the China one or the Canada one but the US one was pretty cool. My favorite country is prolly either China or Japan, both have real cool architecture. If you have the time and money, because it can get expensive, try to eat your way around the world. My famliy did this this past June. There are 8 of us and we ordered two things at each country(not 2 each,2 all together), it was real fulfilling and very good. The gilauto (sp, sorry) is really good, that is in Italy. There is a show in England that is amusing for the little ones, and a sports store there if you have any fans of soccer or rugby. Canadas landscape is very cool. For Illuminations try to sit outside and the English Pub, one of the greatest seats there, or as long as the wind is blowing at you eat outside at the MExican Pavillion. Germany has alot of soccer gear also.

At Epcot is wear most of my famliy got there souviners, they do have some real cool stuff.

Just a tip if you are staying more than one night and plan to go to Epcot on Extra magic nights, I would tour the world at night then. WE did this one night and there was absolutly no one there. It was real easy to see everything, how ever the future world is jam packed on Extra Magic Nights, so if you want to ride the rides there then I would get there earlier or try to ride the more popular ones during the Illuminations show if you happen to see it twice.

Post Thanks / Like

You definitely got to see The Seas With Nemo and Friends!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Maelstrom ride in Norway. Be sure to stay for the brief travelogue after the ride. A lot of people skip it by walking through the room between showings, but we were surprised how much we enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to do a counter service meal at Tangierine Cafe. Very good Moroccan food!

Post Thanks / Like

My family loved the Chinese acrobats and the Drummers in Japan!! I love the American Adventure. It makes me tear up every time (I am very proud of our country).
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Some of it depends on when you go. The shows are great. You need to at least sample:
    Off Kilter
    British Invasion
    Mariachi Cobre
    and whatever is in the American Garden Theatre

I have never managed to see Mo'Rockin. You might try it as well.

American Adventure is also great. Usually a great acapella pre-show. The show itself is a history lesson performed by animatronics figures. (Be alert...some of ny best naps were in this show.)

If you have not seen it, Maelstrom is a cute ride. Frankly, I enjoy the Mexican boat ride as well. If you manage to stay awake for the whole show at American Adventure, you can grab a nap at the French movie....with beautiful scenery as bookends to your nap.

Lots of great food...churros in Mexico, School Bread in Norway, your choice of offerings in China, Soft Pretzels in Germany....or Black Forest cake............and my very personal favorite, the Pistachio Gelato from the little wagon between Germany and Italy....My mom said I should get my greens every day!....I usually stroll back to the garden railroad while eating my PG. On to the American pavilion...usually catch at least one performance of the Fife and Drums...Funnel cake, if you have room....Japan has much to offer, including the drummers, and the candy maker....then on to Morocco....and a Tangerine slushie....France is an all attack on the senses....looks, smells, and sounds combine....Pick your favorite pastry or snack....and on to the UK....the street show, while eating something...usually fish and chips...and finally, on to Canada....my excursions differ somewhat trip to trip...sometimes I do it counter-clockwise....but I always get the Pastachio Gelato!

Tastes differ....I enjoy the meal and the entertainment at the Biergarten....you should do it at least once. I don't do much shopping...just stroll, or lurk, and soak it all in. Love the view back to Future World...O, and I forgot to mention the softserve (or Root Beer float) at the Outpost.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

American Adventure is THE must-see attraction in World Showcase. Just note that it is approximately 45 minutes long, so timing your arrival near the start of a show takes some thought. Usually we'll walk past and note the times, then go hang out in Italy or Germany until showtime.

There's also an unofficial attraction at World Showcase called "drinking around the world". A castmember friend told us about this. The idea is simple: you start at Canada or Mexico and have a drink in every pavilion until you've gone all the way around. So for example you'd have a Molson in Canada, a Bass in UK, a glass of merlot in France, etc. This will guarentee you're really hammered if you make it all around. We've never actually done it all the way around, but we like the concept of sampling SOMETHING from every pavilion. So we substitute a pastry in France, a canoli from Italy, a funnel cake from America, etc. Either way, it's a marathon of calorie consumption only partly offset by the large amount of walking. But that's what vacation is about, isn't it?
    Stan
    11/72 CR 10/73 PR 7/75 PR 7/77 PR 8/79 PR 7/81 PR 7/83 PR 7/85 PR 8/87 Grosvenor 6/89 PR 7/90 CBR 7/92 POR 8/97 POFQ 6/99 POR 9/00 BWV 1/03 OKW 6/03 POR 8/03 BCV 5/05 BWV 5/06 BCV 12/06 SSR 1/07 ASMv 8/08 BCV 1/09 BWV 8/09 PR 1/10 PC 5/11 PC 7/11 AKL&BCV 1/13 OKW 6/13 BCV&AKL 1/15 OKW 7/16 PR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karenrarintogo View Post
    I love the Maelstrom ride in Norway. Be sure to stay for the brief travelogue after the ride. A lot of people skip it by walking through the room between showings, but we were surprised how much we enjoyed it.
    This entire country is my favorite part of the World
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We never miss Mexico, TT, M:S, Figment
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Mexico Ride, Maelstorm, America Adventure Video
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Our WS Musts(we usually take a few days to visit in shorter stops, a little WS at a time):

*Gran Fiesta Tour river ride in Mexico
    *Browsing the shops
    *We usually also have a lunch at San Angel Inn, a favorite with my kids.
    *A margarita at the stand outside Mexico

*Maelstrom in Norway
    *Browsing shop
    *Schoolbread, we've found, is entirely skippable

*Browsing shop in China

*Browsing shops, getting some Gummi candy(for the teenagers), and having a winetasting (for the adults) in Germany

*Browsing the shops and wine-tasting in Italy

*Hitting the American Adventure show in the America pavilion was a must-do only once for us.

*Shopping in Japan
    *Visiting Yakitori House to split an excellent counter service meal.

*Shopping in Morocco
    *Visiting Tangierine Cafe to split an excellent counter service meal.

*Shopping and wine-tasting in France. Having a pastry at the Boulangerie Patisserie, or a crepe with ice cream.

*Shopping and spending time at the Rose & Crown pub

*Shopping in Canada, and we like to go back behind the Le Cellier area to enjoy the gardens and waterfall. Le Cellier is not a must for us-- but it is a nice place to visit.

Nice to do but not musts for us:
    Seeing the performances of WS that add to the atmosphere and catching some of the WS films in France, Canada, China. The American Adventure after our first visit.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Everything! .... at least once. The first couple of times we went to Epcot we saw everything we could. Depending on how much time you have, don't choose attractions based on the park map, try to see as much as you can. The American Adventure is one that I would say is a must-see in World Showcase. There is so much to see at all the parks, I don't understand skipping stuff when you're visiting parks for the first time.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

We never tire of Epcot. We usually do Future World one day and then World Showcase another.

We can easily make a whole day out of World Showcase and never get tired or bored of it. Something is always new.

You can also either eat or drink your way around the world...lol
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is our favorite park!

Must sees:
    The American Adventure
    The British Invasion
    The Chinese Acrobats

Must ride:
    Maelstrom
    Test Track
    Soarin'

Must try:
    Glass of Rosa Regale in Italy
    School Bread
    Churros

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is my fav park..it is so fun to drink your way around all of the Worlds, or if your not a big drinker share a drink with your partner or friend throughout all of the worlds.

Post Thanks / Like

Off-Kilter
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a ride in Mexico...the pavilions are a wonder in architectural reproductions and hidden mickeys, the shops offer special items from that country...and the food is hands down the best on DW property...CS and TS

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Being that EPCOT is our favorite stop in all of WDW...it's hard to choose only a few "must do's...but:

...Spaceship Earth is a must (even the "new and improved" version )

...a dinner in Mexico at San Angel Inn (romantic...romantic...romantic....and great margaritas!!)

...shopping in Italy and France for great new fragrances (and one of these days...my wife will get one for me!!)

....hibachi dinner in Teppan Edo (fabulous service...yummy food....gracious smiling servers and chef's)
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Off Kilter - the bag pipe rock band in Canada
    voices of liberty - American adventure
    british invasion - UK
    the drums in Japan
    the ride in Norway
    the ride in Mexico
    Test track
    Mission space
    Nemo
    Soarin'
    Figment - Journey into imagination
    Honey I shrunk the audience
    Spaceship earth
    Churros in mexico
    Margarita's in mexico
    Wine & Pastry in France
    Illuminations
    Innoventions is a great place to walk around and see the future.
    I always like looking at the appliances of the future and imagine what my house would look like if I were rich and didn't have kids
    Shopping at mousegear
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987