Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 33

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a couple of pictures of my creative tablerunner.

Hey Pogo are you awake yet?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Jasper I have no words of wisdom to of? Would a hug help? Would some help? I'm sure you and your wife will come to the right answers for you in time.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Jasper I have no words of wisdom to of? Would a hug help? Would some help? I'm sure you and your wife will come to the right answers for you in time.
    You have hit the nail right on the head. Everyone in the family is so worn out by all of this that we don't have much left to say about it. What can you say when you have already had 3 back surgeries, 4 bouts of kidney stones, a bout with cancer, and a mild heart attack all in the last six months and now they tell you that you need yet another back surgery?

However, I do appreciate the and , none of us can ever have enough of them! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper I'm so sorry to hear this. I have an idea where you are coming from. Of course I haven't gone through the same exact thing but I have had several years of misdiagnosis, operations, blood transfusions, etc. It gets to the point where you just don't think you can take anymore. But you can, even if you feel you don't want to. I also know that somedays, even with all of the pain and other complications of my disease, that it can be harder on Bruce than me. Does that makes any sense? You are obviously strong or you wouldn't have come this far. I try to think that no matter what happens to me that it all happens for a reason. I know a lot of people use that line but I believe it. Facing the challenges that I have in my life have mad me exactly who I am today and I wouldn't change it. Sure, somedays stink, especially if I think about the fact that odds are I won't watch my grandbaby grow up. Heck, I may not even get to see my DS grow up but all of the beauty that I have seen in this world is worth going through every bit of ugliness I have faced. Eveybody has bad days, and everyone is entitled to a "poor me" day but I know from what you have already been through that you will take this in stride. You and your family have not fought to come all this way to give up now. I firmly believe that someday soon things will turn around for you. Until then, please take all of the and that you and your family need.
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Sarah continued good luck headed your way with your furbabies as well as for you and Mike as you deal with your parents and his grandmother.
    Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate them VERY much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    OK, I have now officially just about had it with my back and all its problems!
    Jasper, I'm so sorry you're going through this, seems like you've already been through so much. Here's a BIG and a HUGE dose of hoping that things get better for you!!

Mike and I went to lunch. He seems to be doing ok. He's been staying busy and trying to keep his mind off of everything. Thank goodness there are so many things going right now that we have lots to keep our minds occupied.

What did everyone have for lunch? We went to an italian buffet place which is actually really good. They have really gormet pizza which hit the spot!

Hope you all have a great afternoon!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Very pretty. How do you come up with these beautiful ideas?

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Jasper I'm so sorry to hear this. I have an idea where you are coming from. Of course I haven't gone through the same exact thing but I have had several years of misdiagnosis, operations, blood transfusions, etc. It gets to the point where you just don't think you can take anymore. But you can, even if you feel you don't want to. I also know that somedays, even with all of the pain and other complications of my disease, that it can be harder on Bruce than me. Does that makes any sense? You are obviously strong or you wouldn't have come this far. I try to think that no matter what happens to me that it all happens for a reason. I know a lot of people use that line but I believe it. Facing the challenges that I have in my life have mad me exactly who I am today and I wouldn't change it. Sure, somedays stink, especially if I think about the fact that odds are I won't watch my grandbaby grow up. Heck, I may not even get to see my DS grow up but all of the beauty that I have seen in this world is worth going through every bit of ugliness I have faced. Eveybody has bad days, and everyone is entitled to a "poor me" day but I know from what you have already been through that you will take this in stride. You and your family have not fought to come all this way to give up now. I firmly believe that someday soon things will turn around for you. Until then, please take all of the and that you and your family need.
    First of all thank you and everyone else for your thoughts, concern and prayers. And yes, you are right on track that today is without a doubt one of the worst "poor me" days I have ever had! That is why I am spending my time here at Intercot so that I don't have to dwell on my situation and can get a lift from all things Disney. I am sure that you are quite familiar on days like this how you wonder what you ever did do deserve this.

I also have to call the doctor's office later and apologize to one of the nurses. The poor guy walked in the room to do some paperwork and was just making casual conversation and when he commented about how many surgeries I have already had I unloaded on him! Thank goodness they all know me well enough in there that they will forgive me my rashness!

So what am I going to do for a question?

Post Thanks / Like

Zoooop...
    No time to read the pages of posts, so I will have to catch up later. I discovered that we have wireless for free here!
    Saturday was absolutely beautiful. We saw two weddings on the beach. Yesterday it POURED...all day. Today is another nice day, and we have done our 3 miles on the beach.

Gotta go - we are heading into town to check out the quaint little shops! Anyone want some salt water taffy?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I knew...I sit here and something pops into my head. I can be sleeping and something pops into my head...sometime remind me to post the picture of the front of a quilt that popped up in my head at 3am. It was all hand sewn except for the blocks. I called it The Awakening because it was done on my sleepless nights. It still needs to be quilted, which I'm also going to do by hand.

Jasper, we're all allowed those poor me days and I think you've had more then your share of trouble that you can have lots of those days!!

Where's the cookies? I think Jasper needs the whole plate!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I knew...I sit here and something pops into my head. I can be sleeping and something pops into my head...sometime remind me to post the picture of the front of a quilt that popped up in my head at 3am. It was all hand sewn except for the blocks. I called it The Awakening because it was done on my sleepless nights. It still needs to be quilted, which I'm also going to do by hand.

Jasper, we're all allowed those poor me days and I think you've had more then your share of trouble that you can have lots of those days!!
    Ooh, I can't wait to see it and the name sounds perfect!

Jasper, I hope my post to you didn't sound like I was saying you're not entitled to "poor me" days. I feel that not only are we entitled but it's needed sometimes just to let it out and let it go. Make sense?

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pogo are you awake yet?
    You have hit the nail right on the head. Everyone in the family is so worn out by all of this that we don't have much left to say about it. What can you say when you have already had 3 back surgeries, 4 bouts of kidney stones, a bout with cancer, and a mild heart attack all in the last six months and now they tell you that you need yet another back surgery?

However, I do appreciate the and , none of us can ever have enough of them! Thanks!

Carol, your work is beautiful.

Jasper, hang in there! WE will put you on our big time prayer list. God bless you! I didn't realize you had been through so much.

102 days out for Disney for me and a few more than that before I see some of my best friends n the world! Will someone pinch me please?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post

Carol, your work is beautiful.

Will someone pinch me please?
    Thank you, Deb.

Are you sure you want Pogo pinching you?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Traci, what a wonderful outlook you have. You are a very thoughtful and insightful person -- your family is blessed to have you, especially that cute grandbaby of yours.

Sarah, hugs to you and Mike. How nice that you have each other to lean on.

Jasper, I'm so sorry to hear of your health situation. Prayers and pixie dust sent your way!

Carol, that table runner is beautiful! You have a great eye for color. I'm starting on my cake for the fair tonight ("Teddy Bear Picnic"). Once I get some of the pieces done I'll post pics.

Well, as for me, the first day of school is always the best one. I'm well rested, optimistic, and only have to deal with meetings (no kids). Tomorrow gets a little more complicated since we have to prepare for classes on Weds and have more meetings. I announced the contest to everyone at the staff meeting, though, and had many people tell me that they had voted for my caption. It's funny, when I made the announcement I felt like I was 'coming out of the closet' as a Disney fan! A couple of people at school knew my Disney obsession before but now everyone knows...

Take care everyone --
    Kathy

PS anyone want some peach cobbler? DH made it and it's GOOD!
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm soooooo impressed. I remember looking at the Christmas stockings before I knew who any of you on JQU were.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    I'm soooooo impressed. I remember looking at the Christmas stockings before I knew who any of you on JQU were.
    Hey Marilyn.... I've got a question for you. Do you have one for me ????

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper, I think you've had your share, and am so sorry you've had more bad news. I think if somebody told me I needed another surgery, I'd react the same way. Here's a big hug for you and your DW.
    Last edited by Marilyn Michetti; 08-25-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Forgot the 'hug"
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Hey Marilyn.... I've got a question for you. Do you have one for me ????
    How come you ALWAYS catch me within ten minutes? Don't you ever eat or sleep?

There, that was two. Can I use one for credit for the next time? (Three).
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Carol, that table runner is beautiful! You have a great eye for color.

PS anyone want some peach cobbler? DH made it and it's GOOD!
    Thanks, Kathy. You know how some people have perfect pitch, it's that way for me for color. I've matched fabric sitting at home with thread at work perfectly...and Pogo, it wasn't black or white!!!

Peach cobbler sounds great, but Gilles made an apple crumble pie for dessert(okay, he warmed one up that he bought at the store!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Thanks Marilyn. I still have a few of those stockings left!!

What is everyone up to this fine evening?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

i've had a very busy day today. got home from work and my husband is sitting on the couch looking pathetic. he has the stomach bug. ok- change in plans- out to store for gatoraid, jello, crackers and soup. back home i left him on the couch and slept till 1:30pm- got up and went to home depot. got 80% of the yard work done. i need more topsoil. so i just caught up on some olympics and made him dinner. ohhhhhh, here's my question. why do men turn into 5year olds when they get sick??

ok i am off to bed. keep your fingers crossed he kept his germs to himself.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys!! We're back from our little "heaven on earth" excursion, well-rested, a little sun-burned and happy... it went by WAY too fast, but I guess that's the sign of a good vacation, right? I'm SO glad we chose to go early... it meant a late night on Thursday (we didn't get to the inn 'til almost 1am...) but it made for a great day on Friday, as we were able to roll out of bed and hit the beach pretty early. The weather was awesome... the innkeepers and pretty much everyone in town said it was the best 3-4 days of the summer! I'll try to post a few pics tomorrow... for now, I've just finished (trying) to catch up on all your pages since I've been gone, laundry's done, we're unpacked and the kids are off to bed after an evening of enjoying our house again, and now we're off to bed in a bit!

Have I got a deal for you ! If you bring back lobsters, I'll cook them for you and we can have another get together.
    I so wish we could've brought 'em... we even found a lobster pound that had them for 5.59/lb!! But we knew we wouldn't be able to cook 'em tonight, and they wouldn't have made it 'til tomorrow. Plus, tomorrow is Julia's birthday dinner out, so we opted to just buy some here soon and we'll do the same.... we used to do them all the time in our other house. When do you guys want to come out??

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Have a great time!! We are heading the opposite direction early Saturday. Say hello to the Atlantic for me, and I'll say hi to the Pacific for you!!
    Done... I hope you're having a great time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?
    Jenn!! I've missed you around here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    p.s. won't blythe be proud of me- over 400 posts
    I'm VERY proud of you!!

yes i know, we might have a chance if we kidnap her and tie up her hands for about 10years. what do you think??
    No way, no how.

We had a wonderful time at the Fair today and the weather held up for us.
    Glad to hear you had a nice day... thanks so much for checking in! It was weird to have my two favorite worlds collide!

We are planning to head to the Fair tomorrow... hopefully, the weather will cooperate!

i have big plans for my days off, wallpaper removal, prime, paint. yard work. once again it looks good on paper but to actually get it all done...
    So... did you get it done??

My point in sharing this is that I'm having a mushy day, I couldn't have been luckier than I have been in my life. I wouldn't trade the short years I had with my whole family for 100 years with another.

Maybe I'm too mushy but I kind of see you guys as family as well and have been so blessed to have such wonderful people as you all. Each and every one of you have brought something special, unique and irreplaceable into my life and I will be forever grateful. Thank you so much!
    You are so lucky to have had that.... what a wonderful blessing.

Ditto -- I am always amazed and thankful for this site and this group, it is definitely an extended family to me and such a wonderful and important part of my life now that I can't imagine not having it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    And how am I you might ask? Hanging in there, just trying to deal with my parents leaving and supporting Mike as much as I can.
    Sarah, I hope things get better for you guys... I know how tough it can be to just try to be there for someone... it's draining and a very hard job in and of itself. I hope Mike is doing okay.... I'm sure with you there, he's far better than he'd be otherwise.

Anyway, I am certainly glad I had a good weekend before coming back to this news or I don't know how I would have reacted to it. All in all, I am just absolutely sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time!
    Jasper, I am SO sorry to hear your news... I sure hope things get better and turned around for you soon. Sending loads of prayers and your way... you have an amazing spirit and attitude through this all, even when you get frustrated, which you have every right to do. I hope this week brings some better news for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I discovered that we have wireless for free here!
    Saturday was absolutely beautiful. We saw two weddings on the beach. Yesterday it POURED...all day. Today is another nice day, and we have done our 3 miles on the beach.

Gotta go - we are heading into town to check out the quaint little shops! Anyone want some salt water taffy?
    Cindy, I'm glad to hear things are going well -- your inn looks awesome! And the view... wow, just beautiful. And I'd love to try some of your taffy... would you like to try some Atlantic salt water kind, too? We've got 2 boxes of our favorite...

Ken and Mary, a belated Happy Anniversary wish... I'm glad you guys had a nice weekend!!

Okay, I've got to run... I started this post an hour ago, but had to keep pausing to turn over laundry and tuck kids in... and some snuggle time on the couch with our almost 10 year old. I can't believe that at 5:32 am, Julia will be "double-digits"... the years have just flown by. So, Dan and I snuggled with her and told her stories of her babyhood... and our big, old-man cat jumped up to share with us as he must have missed us while we were gone! So now, it's time to head off to bed and catch up on a little sleep... I was up and on the beach this morning at 6:30.

See you guys in the morning... I missed you all, and am so glad to be back here with you!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: