Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 35

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Has anyone seen our tube top master around? What on earth does "business casual" mean anyway? I get formal and I get casual but that one phrase leads to more odd clothes then anything else. (I'm not really confused by what to wear so much as I am confused by what people take that to mean they should wear...)
    Is that anything like "semi-formal"? What does that mean?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Semi-formal? Isn't that when you wear a belt with your bathrobe?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post

Do I really have to ask a question with that?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Great photo's. Why didn't we see any of you and Dan swimming ???? Was the water a little chilly ??
    Well, seeing as I'm the one usually carrying the camera, there aren't usually very many of me, anyway (and yes, I went in the water...) But I also have rules about pictures of me in my bathing suit, and Dan is kind enough to comply!! And no, he did not go in the water, at least not past his knees...

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I have decided one thing....I want to be a beach bum....

wow.... what a quiet day around here!! were you all at the Fair with me, or at the beach with Cindy???

We had a great day, and I think Julia had a great birthday. Her earrings look so pretty and she is so happy with them... and we had a lot of fun at the Fair, stayed later than we planned. (as usual...) My absolute favorite part to visit is the Raptor Show... the guy who runs it is an wildlife rehabilitator for falcons, hawks, eagles, owls, etc., and he has a great display and an even better show. He's from right here in NY and is amazing... he travels the country and is wonderful each & every year. I'd love to go visit his preserve or have him bring his show to the girls' schools... it's amazing to see these birds up close and what he does with them... they are gorgeous, and I can't ever get enough of them. Anyway... besides seeing him, we visited every animal barn we could, played with wee piglets, calves and ducklings... it was a full day, and that's not even counting all the food.

Now it's time to head off to bed... tomorrow's another full day of party planning and errands... I think I'm going to need another vacation after this week/weekend is over!!

I hope everyone had a great day... I'll see you all in the morning. and to everyone!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, do you know how much I love your sense of humor?

Blythe give Julia a birthday hug from me ( a bit late , I'm afraid)

Blythe & Kate, what type of BP cuff and stethoscope do you recommend? Any brand names to look for? We shop for those this weekend.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

OMG.... .... can someone pass the screen cleaner please ????
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post

Blythe & Kate, what type of BP cuff and stethoscope do you recommend? Any brand names to look for? We shop for those this weekend.
    Ain't she a nut ????

What ever you do, avoid buying the ones from DOA. They never record a BP and never detect a heart beat. Know what I mean ??

Post Thanks / Like

Do I really have to go home tomorrow?

Post Thanks / Like

i don't know about BP cuffs. but i have a littman stethoscope that is 10years old and still going strong.

What ever you do, avoid buying the ones from DOA. They never record a BP and never detect a heart beat. Know what I mean ??
    don't quit your day job.

yes.

hope everyone had a good nite. i have been a slug today. i read a book and took a nap. not a bad day . good nite all.

kate
    did i forget my question?
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Everning all, just a quick zoop. Mike's headed to Rochester tomorrow until Sunday. His uncle's funeral is Friday. This will give him some time to spend with his grandparents and the rest of his family, maybe even catch up with some friends. As much as it's going to be a finacial hardship, I think for his peace of mind it's time for him to touch base with people there, it's unfortunate it has to be in this way.

If you could send some our way so that he has a safe trip I would appreciate it. Have a great night, I'll check in tomorrow. to you all!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe give Julia a birthday hug from me ( a bit late , I'm afraid)

That was an honest question. We're a little more casual in Az. DH locked me out of the house one Sat. I'm in the pool, and the two back doors are double locked. I mean, I NEED to go inside, and the only way is to go out through the back gate and punch the code for the garage door. Only problem - I'm barefoot, and to get out the gate, I have to walk over desert landscaping. That means HOT rocks, and cactus thistles. Well, DH has a garden, so there's an old pair of his size 13 desert boots, so that's my best option. Check to see that there aren't any scorpions in them, put them on, but the laces are rotted, so I'm walking like a little kid in his daddys slippers. Anyway, I made it - only three or four cars passed by -I didn't really look, but it wasn't a pretty sight.

Now, is it easier to believe that I'm serious about the bathrobe belt?

I promise to dress a little better for breakfast in Dec., so Pogo, stop laughing already
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning JQ'ers, the coffe and hot water are on and ready for our enjoyment. Also available are juices and sodas for those who don't drink hot beverages.
    Now that last post begs a question. Do you suppose your going to live that down Marilyn?
    I don't think so
    So who's ready for Wednesday?
    Next week I'll be difficult to find because I'm training next week.
    Have a magical day
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin' All! We've made it to hump day!

Gage had his first lesson in socail behavior 101 the other day at daycare. A little girl had a toy he wanted adn would not give it to him. So he pushed her down - Then her big brother comes over and bites Gage an the arm.

I guess I am glad he is learning these lessons now.

Do you think he misses the good ole days at Grandmas?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Good morning all.......... cold here this morning. Today is another training day. Two of the agents that work with me are having problems with Medicare and I've got to help them learn it. Wish me luck.

Why don't you stay another day ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    don't quit your day job.
    No..... no....... I would never do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Everning all, just a quick zoop. Mike's headed to Rochester tomorrow until Sunday. His uncle's funeral is Friday. This will give him some time to spend with his grandparents and the rest of his family, maybe even catch up with some friends. As much as it's going to be a finacial hardship, I think for his peace of mind it's time for him to touch base with people there, it's unfortunate it has to be in this way.

If you could send some our way so that he has a safe trip I would appreciate it. Have a great night, I'll check in tomorrow.
    Here's some for Mike. Do you still have my cell number ???? If so, give it to Mike and tell him if he needs anything to call me.

That was an honest question. We're a little more casual in Az. DH locked me out of the house one Sat. I'm in the pool, and the two back doors are double locked. I mean, I NEED to go inside, and the only way is to go out through the back gate and punch the code for the garage door. Only problem - I'm barefoot, and to get out the gate, I have to walk over desert landscaping. That means HOT rocks, and cactus thistles. Well, DH has a garden, so there's an old pair of his size 13 desert boots, so that's my best option. Check to see that there aren't any scorpions in them, put them on, but the laces are rotted, so I'm walking like a little kid in his daddys slippers. Anyway, I made it - only three or four cars passed by -I didn't really look, but it wasn't a pretty sight.

Now, is it easier to believe that I'm serious about the bathrobe belt?

I promise to dress a little better for breakfast in Dec., so Pogo, stop laughing already
    I just snorted my coffee half way across the living room with this story !

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Now that last post begs a question. Do you suppose your going to live that down Marilyn?
    I don't think so
    So who's ready for Wednesday?
    I don't think Marilyn is bothered by much, do you ??

Happy training.... be sure to get it all down good before we come in December.
    Mornin' All! We've made it to hump day!

Gage had his first lesson in socail behavior 101 the other day at daycare. A little girl had a toy he wanted adn would not give it to him. So he pushed her down - Then her big brother comes over and bites Gage an the arm.

I guess I am glad he is learning these lessons now.

Do you think he misses the good ole days at Grandmas?
    I'm sure he misses you, but he's got to learn.

See you all a little later.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about BP cuffs, never had to buy one, but I ditto what Kate said about a Littman... I bought the "cheap" nursing school one first and it wasn't that great to begin with, and then it died young... but Littman's are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i i have been a slug today. i read a book and took a nap. not a bad day.
    I think even slugs are busier than that....

When do you work again? I have to go in and be "cleared" to work today, but they still don't have my lab results, so we'll see. I'm ET tonight... Saw Darcy at the Fair, she said she'd been cancelled twice! (Once even by you, you nice charge nurse!) That's amazing, for State Fair week!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Sarah, I'm sending loads of Mike's way for his trip... I hope this trip is just what he needs, even if it's on a sad note.

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    What are you training for??

Today is another training day. Two of the agents that work with me are having problems with Medicare and I've got to help them learn it. Wish me luck.
    Sending you luck and that today goes smoothly for you!

Well, today promises to be a busy one, so I'll check in when I can... I hope you all have a great day, I left some coffee and bagels on the counter!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Is that anything like "semi-formal"? What does that mean?
    No not at all like semi-formal. A semi-formal occasion would mean for men a suit and tie for sure. For ladies normally a dress at cocktail length. (time of day and season of year would dictate the fabrics and if a jacket would be needful). Business casual means you don't need a suit jacket (though a blazer with pants is just fine) and ladies could wear slacks and nice top or sweater or a day time dress if they please. Course you can always still do business suits if you want.
    Do you think I may just own a few too many clothes?

Oddly on that same topic Carol can you sew pants? I need to invest in some good material quality slacks and hate buying off the rack as my legs are too short. Is that something you can do? Or tell me what to look for in someone who does?
    Blythe you didn't leave the bagels in the coffee did you? Sandy good luck with the training.

Sarah please tell Mike from all of us that I hope he gets through this difficult time.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I think even slugs are busier than that....

When do you work again? I have to go in and be "cleared" to work today, but they still don't have my lab results, so we'll see. I'm ET tonight... Saw Darcy at the Fair, she said she'd been cancelled twice! (Once even by you, you nice charge nurse!) That's amazing, for State Fair week!
    so what is lazier than a slug?? a sloth maybe- that just makes me think of that movie Seven.

and yes i was in charge one whole night and for 4 hours the next. Darcy has the most seniority- so she got cancelled. though nancy z had her name in the book. however nicu needed her skill level so she had to work-(oh was she not happy). i however, reminded myself of all the times i get screwed because she can't go to labor and delivery. i was not upset. it was a slow weekend all alround. sunday night i went upstairs at 11 and didn't have a patient until 2am when martha went home. she was my only patient all night long- postop csection on mag. wooohooo. i almost fell asleep.

have a great day. i'm not sure what i'm doing today. my back is still iffy.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, I'm so exhausted this morning. We were up late trying to get Mike packed up and ready to go. Then this morning our computer system at work went down so I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes trying to make that work again. I started crying because that was just my limit. I have so much to do and now it's just me to take care of it. I'm supposed to go to some meeting tonight about a new medical product my boss wants to look into and I don't know how I'm going to make it. I guess I'll just put one foot in front of the other. I feel like I'm going to lose it, but then who would take care of everything?

So sorry I'm not very cheery today. I think I'll bow out of JQ for a little while until I have something good or positive to say. Thanks for listening, I'll check back in a few days to you all!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Beep.. Beep... Beep.... know what that sound is???
    The truck is backing up with lovely sand bag sand.... Everyone around here is starting to freak w/ Gustav..... Can you believe every hotel on higher land is already booked throughout the state?
    Post trauma anxiety takes years to settle and everything flairs up again w/ a storm brewing so tensions are high here. Our Gov. already posted the storm warnings b/c we are at the center of the forecast and this one looks like it could easily get to a cat 4 before landfall. Levee's are not ready for a test yet--hoping they could even take a cat 2.
    I worry most for Bret b/c he is in the lowest area. He has been real sick too. Please think of him and Sherrie, keep them in your prayers.
    My house is almost on a mountain.... a whooping 20 feet above sea level.... Really just have to worry about falling trees and tornadoes here. I guess we will be having company real soon.
    Everything is already saturated from Fay and the low pressure we had before that.
    Going out to buy batteries....
    Anyone have a spare generator?
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Its "pack 'em up an move 'em out day".

Why don't you stay another day ???
    I don't think the people who have the room next were expecting company.

Time to wash the sand from between the toes, put a little more lotion on the sunburn, pack up the beach toys and head to home.

Can you believe this trip went even faster than a Disney trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Oddly on that same topic Carol can you sew pants? I need to invest in some good material quality slacks and hate buying off the rack as my legs are too short. Is that something you can do? Or tell me what to look for in someone who does?

Sarah please tell Mike from all of us that I hope he gets through this difficult time.
    I can sew pants, but they aren't my favorite things to sew, or should I say clothes in general, unless it's a costume or tiny stuff!! My best bet for letting you know who to hire is go to a fabric store and see if they have anyone that they recommend, when you meet the person ask to see their work and some references. We have two people we send people to all the time and one is an employee. We have a lady here in town that has done alterations for years, her work is really bad so we don't even mention her. She did a couple of rolled hems for some of the belly dancers for our recital, they weren't rolled hems and it was awful, so I'm helping out next year. Or there is always hem fuser to put in a hem....you just have to iron!! Does that help?

Sarah, so sorry to hear about Mike's uncle.

Beth, to blow the storm south...we could always have Pogo blow, that might help!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ