Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 28

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?
    It's about time ! I've missed you. Where have you been ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    So Sorry to hear you still have to write the cheque...just think of the extra Disney luxuries you could have had on your next trip....at least they did a wonderful job!
    Well actually, I'm not writing the check for about a month. I'll put the balance on my Disney Visa Card and get the points, and then write a check to pay off the card. So I guess you'd say that putting the patio in will buy us dinner at WDW. Pretty smart, eh ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    greetings from rain-soaked Jacksonville!
    How has everyone been? I am not even going to try to catch up on the news around here..but if anyone wants to give me a quick update....
    Fay is still drenching us and I am very leery of the tree in the front yard. Had to spend the night at the hospital last nite because we are on the trauma alert team! DH is mad because I was with all of the residents...young, rich and cute!!!
    Hope everyone is well...does anyone have a canoe for me???
    If we send you will it turn to pixie mud with all the rain ??????

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, this is my fond farewell. Pogo was right I am checking in one last time. I have to work 6 more hours and then back home and up at o'dark thirty for the flight to Orlando. Keep good thoughts for the flight and the weather, don't like flying too much. But hey it's only 2.5 hours and we are there. We have changed our plans a little due to the remaining rain bands for tomorrow, not going to the Water Park but off to Downtown Disney. Will try and do the Water Park on Thursday instead. We shall see.

Everyone behave themselves okay? And I'll check in when I return. Stay safe too, okay? I'll think of you all tomorrow.

Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I guess with it being 110º, there is no such thing as fresh roadkill in Arizona...?

Breakfast sounds yummy!
    Do those comments really belong together?
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Oh yeah, anyone who's keeping score, the bio family were MIA no-call, no-show yet again this week we just got our date for the mediation and also for the pre-hearing status conference. so we'll see....
    Let their actions speak for them. Hopefully a judge will see it that way too.
    If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?
    Welcome back Jenn! We missed you!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    And if a husband says something in the forest and no human hears him, is he still wrong? (No need to answer, we already know what the JQ babes will say.)
    Smart man.
    How has everyone been? I am not even going to try to catch up on the news around here..but if anyone wants to give me a quick update....
    Fay is still drenching us and I am very leery of the tree in the front yard. Had to spend the night at the hospital last nite because we are on the trauma alert team! DH is mad because I was with all of the residents...young, rich and cute!!!
    Try to stay dry....and SAFE!

Since I'm not working today, I got to sleep in until 6! I've got lots to do, but don't have alot of motivation to get started. I just want to curl up with the kitties and veg for awhile. Everyone have a wonderful day....after all, ITS FRIDAY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny, and yes he still is!

Well, I guess I won't be doing packing today, Bruce has been bugging me to go to the Dr. early because I'm pale again and exhausted but then again I have always looked like Caspers sister.
    I figured I was hust tired from the virus but we'll see. The Dr.s office said they want to test just to be sure I don't need another transfusion right now I usually need someone to tell me to get checked because I've only had a very rapid drop once, so it just gradually happens so I don't notice. The last 2 units I got took 8 hours, not the way I want to spend a day. But at least I feel much better after. So let me just say yet again, Thanks for the blood to all who give.
    Traci for you!! Get yourself better, we need you raring to go in a few weeks, got lots to do and see!!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Okay, this is my fond farewell.
    Mary have a wonderful, SAFE trip!! Tell Mickey I said HI and I'll see him in a few weeks! Have so much fun and I can't wait to hear all about it!!

I'm super unmotivated today, wanting this Friday to be over with. I have a lot to do this weekend but it just means I'm closer to my trip!!

So I printed up some CM appreciation cards this morning and laminated them up. I'm really going to try to be better about acknowledging the CMs and the great job they do. I want them to get some praise for making our vacation so magical.

Have a good rest of the morning, what's for lunch?
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    It's about time ! I've missed you. Where have you been ??
    This is a family site.

Why didn't the bicycle cross the road?

Because it was two tired!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

pogo Guest

Still getting your jokes from Euan ????

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, chocolate chip'll get me every time. Thanks.
    to everyone in Florida who's being drenched because Fay has overstayed her welcome. We're getting a little outfall up here in the form of wind and gray skies, but we need the soaker rains we're getting.

How's Friday going for everybody?

Thanks Ken!!!! Michelle too bad neither of us have one we could canoe over to see other....although we'd probably get blown away en route. I have a new cooke recipe I want to try but I have next to nothing in my fridge. Perhaps I could swim over to Publix? No seriously we aren't flooded, we must have good drainage over here. There is a tree outside that has been a rockin' and a rollin' all day and nite so we just moved our cars to be safe. I can't wait for this to be over and done with! (although I got sent home at 10:30am from work yesterday and we're closed today and I still get paid so I'm not complaining!!!)

Everyone behave themselves okay? And I'll check in when I return. Stay safe too, okay? I'll think of you all tomorrow.

Mary have a great trip! Tomorrow should be your rainiest day of the week..... for your flight too.

This is a family site.

Too funny - nice to see you "back" Jenn!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

And if a husband says something in the forest and no human hears him, is he still wrong? (No need to answer, we already know what the JQ babes will say.)
    Smart guy! "
    Oooh, chocolate chip'll get me every time. Thanks.
    Take two, they're small!
    You know, mental abuse is about as bad as physical abuse and sometimes leaves more unseen scars. Nothing says "You're not worth my time" to a kid more than not bothering to show up for visitation. I hope the courts stop that nonsense and stop it fast. No child should have to be put through that. DW's ex had a lot of faults, but one thing he was good at was being sure he got the kids when he said he would. DW also helped him through a rough time by allowing him to pay less support for a while, but didn't mind it as much because he was actually pretty good to the kids.
    I couldn't agree more. My ex was/is not exactly a nice guy, right before I divorced him he told the kids to get ready to go, that he was running down the road for 5 minutes and when he got back he would take them to their grandparents house. He left me with no car and was gone for 5 hours, my kids wouldn't take their coats off no matter how hard I tried to get them too, they were so convinced that he'd be right home. When he finally did stumble in 5 hours later he was three sheets to the wind. I refused to let it keep happening to my children and I'm going to make for darn sure it doesn't keep happening to Carter.
    Okay, this is my fond farewell. Pogo was right I am checking in one last time.
    Be safe and have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Traci for you!! Get yourself better, we need you raring to go in a few weeks, got lots to do and see!!

I'm super unmotivated today, wanting this Friday to be over with. I have a lot to do this weekend but it just means I'm closer to my trip!!

So I printed up some CM appreciation cards this morning and laminated them up. I'm really going to try to be better about acknowledging the CMs and the great job they do. I want them to get some praise for making our vacation so magical.
    Thanks Sarah, I'll be ready, don't you worry

Hey, you being closer to your trip means I'm closer to my trip!
    BTW Guess what Sarah?

WE"RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!
    Sorry had to let that out.
    Have a great lunch with your dad, enjoy his company and remember, it's ok for Daddy's girl to be a baby about missing him, k? As I've told you before, those of us who have or have had that kind of relationship with our family are the most blessed people in the world. I lost my dad when I was 22, but I had more love in that 22 years from my dad then a lot of people have in a lfetime!

Where'd you get the cards to print? I would love to do that.

To all of our dear ones here on JQ that are dealig with that old witch Fay!
    Well, I had the blood drawn, so we'll see. Kinda funny, to see if I need blood they take it....
    Can I ask for a tiny bit of we just found out that Hailey's financial aid and student loan will be held up untill Oct. 2. She starts at U.M.A. the first week of Sept. They said they may be able to give her an emergency loan for her books through the school so if you could keep your fingers crossed for that to come through, have you seen the price of college text books??? It's frightening!
    On a very bright note, Carter took 2 steps from the couch to the coffee table!!! AND he has discovered his outdoor voice. Every time someone walks in the door he raises his little eyebrows and yells "AAAAAAHHHHHH" it's kinda like walking into Cheers.
    So Bruce is, I think, the nicest guy in the world. I have always wanted a rabbit, since childhood. Well, we were looking into getting a Flemish Giant (25 or so pounds) but on mother's day weekend we found a Lion Head, it's a new breed of rabbit, that actually isn't even recognized yet. Well, she's super cute so we got her. Well, turns out I'm allergic to her. I'm not allergic to regular rabbits but she has two types of fur, normal bunny fur and what they refer to as wool. So, I've played with her, leash trained her, litter trained her and all but the more I'm around her the more sick I get. Bruce fell in love with her, we named her Madeline Mae, those were both of my grandmothers middle names. Bruce stops on his way home to pick her clover everyday, he gives her a slice of banana every night, he just dotes (sp?) on her and she is his favorite animal. I love Maddy too but can't spend time with her.
    They have a Flemish Giant at the shelter where Hailey volunteers but there is no way we can afford another rabbit. He said last night that we can give Maddy to a good home and get the bunny that I'm not allergic too..... Of course I said no way. I can't believe how giving and special he is. Isn't it cool that every time I think about him I still get goosebumps after knowng him for 30 years?
    Anyway, I think if I keep blabbing we will have to start a new thread so have a great one all!!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, just checking in to see what is happening. Looks like it is the same old silliness here.

I don't really know much new. The swelling in my spinal cord is worse then they expected this far after the last back surgery in late June so the doctor has started me doing some physical therapy in the water again. I do enjoy getting in the water but the workout has really zapped my energy and pushed the pain levels up again so I have been pretty much going to therapy and then home to lay down. Oh well, it's just all part of the process.

Did anyone see the article that says if children grow up with pets they are more likely to be snorers as adults? The article didn't really say if the pet had to be in the house or not but I find it rather hard to believe that there could be much of a connection. Supposedly this conclusion was printed recently in a British medical journal of some kind. My other question for the people who did this study is why would you ever even think to study such a link in the first place? It almost sounds to me as if they were looking for there to be a connection.

Talk to you all later!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, this is my fond farewell. Keep good thoughts for the flight and the weather, don't like flying too much. But hey it's only 2.5 hours and we are there. We have changed our plans a little due to the remaining rain bands for tomorrow, not going to the Water Park but off to Downtown Disney. Will try and do the Water Park on Thursday instead. We shall see.
    Have a safe and wonderful trip. Hey, it's Disney, what's a little rain???

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Could I ask you all for a little pixie dust? I just got a call from Dan's aunt -- she's on her way down to Texas b/c her son is in the ICU w/ severe pancreatitis and is not doing well. Her other son is on her way to the airport to fly down w/ her, which makes me doubly nervous, as they're not ones to do that type of thing unless advised to by the dr. We aren't super close to Dan's cousin in Texas, but used to be somewhat, and of course, growing up, the kids were, well, kids and friends. So -- if you could spare a bit of the magic for him -- his name is Ed -- he's young (36) and has two small boys who, although he's divorced from their mom, come and stay with him every weekend and quite often during the week. .
    powerful pixie dust headed his way.
    I hope everyone is doing well, I'm GREAT!!!! I can share if anyone wants some happy. I made peanut butter cookies but they did't come out so well but help yourselves.
    How fair is that?
    But any-who, I try not to get too peeved about it, life is too short and if we have to eat mac-n-cheese because it's cheap then at least we're together and have food on the table.
    I remember all too well. My ex could go to Europe but didn't have the $$ for his kids.
    He gave up his rights in 95 and they haven't seen him since 94 and I've lost a lot of $$ but hey it's not worth the pain and stress. It does get better....
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    MsMin - If I ever make it out to the New Orleans area (or where ever in LA you are) can I come see your Yorkies? I think those dogs are so cute! (I want one)
    I'm 80 miles west of N.O.(Baton Rouge) but it's my home so I go there whenever... Of course you can come see the babies. They will be waiting with plenty of kisses. Have you ever thought of coming down for Mardi Gras? Kinda wild. Summer is just too hot. We could pass you around to all the intercotees even slide over to the beach by Jamie and Rob.
    Yorkies make great apt dogs.
    I have my two older kids going up to NYC in a couple weeks. My DS's old college roommate is marrying a girl from CT. So of course they have to go to Manhattan for a day. Wish I was going...

No Dole Whip Machine yet.
    My mom just got one of those Cuisinart soft serve machines... I see dole whip in the future. You and Patti will have to come down for a visit

Your Dads attitude will go along way towards recovery. Encourage him all you can.
    He does frustrate me. I know Parkinson's is a horrible disease but he often succumbs to the symptoms He hasn't even tried to feed himself and when I asked him why he said b/c his head wasn't elevated enough. He gives up too easily and it frustrates me b/c I'm selfish and want him to keep fighting.
    Patti and I designed the patio together. We have so much fun doing things together.
    do you have a twin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Anyone watch the volleyball on the Olympics tonight?
    I watched the beach volleyball both nights sad about the women's basketball. Two girls from LSU were on the team. Frustrating with gymnastics too.
    He sounds like he needs someone to play with..

My ex was in hosp admin. so we spent many nights in the hosp with Hurricanes. Not as much fun as it sounds. Stay safe and dry. I don't have a canoe but my dd made a boat out of cardboard during orientation... They even won the race but it has already sunk once... I can send the plans.. with duct tape anything is possible!

So I made it through orientation w/ my dd. Purina fed us lunch and Hill's Science Diet catered the reception after the ceremony. My other two took off of work and it was a nice family affair. We took a tour of the facility which was very interesting. I took a lot of pics. They have one of the best small animal cancer units in the country... it's amazing.
    Rachel's year will be a "Mike the Tiger" (LSU's mascot) year. The vet teams that work on the Bengal mix are only teams from even #'d years which is her year. Honestly I don't like the idea of my dd working with the tiger.
    Side note... When at the orientation I met families from all over the country as there are only 28 vet schools in the US. There was 1 student from CT. and her mother was raising a ruckus b/c she didn't want her dd staying in a state w/ such unbearable heat. Hello the building has a/c??? Sad thing was we were having a very mild day as it was only 85, sticky and humid but not the usual heat. Who acts like that???
    Speaking of Tigers... only 15 days til the start of LSU football.... where are Scott and Diane???
    Sending to all... I tried to post yesterday but AIM froze and I rebooted and lost my post..
    Just breezed through...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

That's good. I have a shirt that says, "If a man says something in the forest, and no one hears him, will he still be wrong"?

Anybody agree?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I guess with it being 110º, there is no such thing as fresh roadkill in Arizona...?

Breakfast sounds yummy!

That jazzy number in Jungle Book really cooks! Doesn't it?

Today is Friday! The day we've all been working for, right?
    Roadkill in Arizona? Even the buzzards aren't fast enough. It's dehydrated - just like Taster's Choice.

Anybody still interested in breakfast?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Roadkill in Arizona? Even the buzzards aren't fast enough. It's dehydrated - just like Taster's Choice.
    Marilyn, I just wanted to say thanks. You have brought many smiles to my face.
    Anybody want a popsicle?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, this is my fond farewell. Pogo was right I am checking in one last time.

Have a great time Mary!! Be sure to pack your poncho!
    Still getting your jokes from Euan ????
    Are ya jealous?
    I couldn't agree more. My ex was/is not exactly a nice guy, right before I divorced him he told the kids to get ready to go, that he was running down the road for 5 minutes and when he got back he would take them to their grandparents house. He left me with no car and was gone for 5 hours, my kids wouldn't take their coats off no matter how hard I tried to get them too, they were so convinced that he'd be right home. When he finally did stumble in 5 hours later he was three sheets to the wind. I refused to let it keep happening to my children and I'm going to make for darn sure it doesn't keep happening to Carter.
    Don't these guys realize that its the kids they are hurting, and not the "ex"?

Well I'm off to the grocery store. We finally convinced the in-laws to eat dinners out this time. Who wants to cook on vacation? So we just need some breakfast and lunch foods, some snacks, and of course some rum! See ya!

Post Thanks / Like

:So I printed up some CM appreciation cards this morning and laminated them up. I'm really going to try to be better about acknowledging the CMs and the great job they do. I want them to get some praise for making our vacation so magical.
    Just don't do what I did and leave the CM cards in your room. I think I still have them in my luggage in the basement, ready for the next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    So I made it through orientation w/ my dd. Purina fed us lunch and Hill's Science Diet catered the reception after the ceremony.

There was 1 student from CT. and her mother was raising a ruckus b/c she didn't want her dd staying in a state w/ such unbearable heat. Hello the building has a/c??? Sad thing was we were having a very mild day as it was only 85, sticky and humid but not the usual heat. Who acts like that???
    Sounds like a good lunch. Kibble or canned food?

Yeah, those people from CT can't take any heat. Wimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    That's good. I have a shirt that says, "If a man says something in the forest, and no one hears him, will he still be wrong"?

Anybody agree?
    Absolutely!

Hi, folks, it's been a busy day, although good busy -- picnic and playground with the girls. Only two more days of summer for me... school starts on Monday. I know, I know... I'm lucky to have time off in the summer and am thankful for it, but boy is it hard to go back. My goal this year is simple: to slow down. Our lives get so hectic during the school year and that raises my stress level so quickly. Know what I mean?

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to walk down to see you the next time you visit. Won't that be fun ????
    sure i would like that. would love to see my mom's face as i mention we met online.

He wants to know why you made them move all the way to Rochester just to stalk him.
    hey now, my parents have been there.... i turn 41 this year....almost 42 years. i must have been real smart to plan this on the inside.

its not just a if a husband speaks- its if a man speaks . i tell my husband his Y chromosome is for why ask why- its your fault.

DH is mad because I was with all of the residents...young, rich and cute!!!
    paddles on their way. rich residents- HAH. just more in debt. think they're god's gift to nurses. sorry july was a rough trasition this year. i seriously think they(the first year residents) are getting dumber each year. either that or my tolerance has reached its end.

He said last night that we can give Maddy to a good home and get the bunny that I'm not allergic too..... Of course I said no way. I can't believe how giving and special he is. Isn't it cool that every time I think about him I still get goosebumps after knowng him for 30 years?
    ahhhhhh, how sweet.

ok i am off to the showers and then the movies. did i have a question?

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    its not just a if a husband speaks- its if a man speaks . i tell my husband his Y chromosome is for why ask why- its your fault.
    So is this why my wife and daughter tell me that I am wrong even when I'm right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    So is this why my wife and daughter tell me that I am wrong even when I'm right?
    Well if they are using stats it's quite possible that they might miss the one a year your going to be allowed to get. I always ask my hubbie if he's sure he wants to use that up on whatever it is we are talking about. He normally then realizes it's likely in his best interest to change his mind.

Hugs and pixie dust to all who need them or would just like some. Any one got a cure for soreish arms and legs? It's not easy to suddenly play 4 games of softball after years of desk jobs.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Natazu Guest

Have a good rest of the morning, what's for lunch?
    hot dog and fries from Five Guys. Anybody have one of these places near them? Gotta try it.

Did anyone see the article that says if children grow up with pets they are more likely to be snorers as adults? The article didn't really say if the pet had to be in the house or not but I find it rather hard to believe that there could be much of a connection. Supposedly this conclusion was printed recently in a British medical journal of some kind. My other question for the people who did this study is why would you ever even think to study such a link in the first place? It almost sounds to me as if they were looking for there to be a connection.
    I know that children who grow up with pets are more likely to get grounded for breaking things they didn't break.

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Any one got a cure for soreish arms and legs? It's not easy to suddenly play 4 games of softball after years of desk jobs.
    Catch your thumb under the seat of your lawnmower. You'll forget your arms and legs are sore. Speaking of which, I got a new mower yesterday. Brought it home, started it up, drove it off the trailer. Today, it stalled whenever I tried to put it into gear. I called Craftsman and got (the second time) a very knowledgeable woman who told me to readjust the seat forward so the kill switch under the seat didn't get a false signal. I'd have certainly never come up with that on my own. Two thumbs up for the Sears call center.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Fay passes, sorry - no canoe I can offer you either.

Has your husband been watching too much Grey's Anatomy?

Well actually, I'm not writing the check for about a month. I'll put the balance on my Disney Visa Card and get the points, and then write a check to pay off the card. So I guess you'd say that putting the patio in will buy us dinner at WDW. Pretty smart, eh ?????
    Very smart! And you even got a Canadianism in there too,eh?!

Okay, this is my fond farewell. Pogo was right I am checking in one last time. I have to work 6 more hours and then back home and up at o'dark thirty for the flight to Orlando. Keep good thoughts for the flight and the weather, don't like flying too much. But hey it's only 2.5 hours and we are there. We have changed our plans a little due to the remaining rain bands for tomorrow, not going to the Water Park but off to Downtown Disney. Will try and do the Water Park on Thursday instead. We shall see.

Have a great trip!

Hey all, just checking in to see what is happening. Looks like it is the same old silliness here.

I don't really know much new. The swelling in my spinal cord is worse then they expected this far after the last back surgery in late June so the doctor has started me doing some physical therapy in the water again. I do enjoy getting in the water but the workout has really zapped my energy and pushed the pain levels up again so I have been pretty much going to therapy and then home to lay down. Oh well, it's just all part of the process.
    I hope the back feels better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    hot dog and fries from Five Guys. Anybody have one of these places near them? Gotta try it.
    Catch your thumb under the seat of your lawnmower. You'll forget your arms and legs are sore. Speaking of which, I got a new mower yesterday. Brought it home, started it up, drove it off the trailer. Today, it stalled whenever I tried to put it into gear. I called Craftsman and got (the second time) a very knowledgeable woman who told me to readjust the seat forward so the kill switch under the seat didn't get a false signal. I'd have certainly never come up with that on my own. Two thumbs up for the Sears call center.
    5 guys, never heard of them

Congrats on the new mower & the awesome customer service from Sears!

That is interesting about the kill switch underneath the seat causing a false signal. I wrote the other day that I had to take the van in due to a dash light - similar thing. Apparently with our van (Honda Odyssey) if there is anything in the passenger seat over 10lbs while you are driving and the item shifts, the van thinks there may be a kid crawling around and de-activates the airbag so it won't inflate and hit the kit. The crazy thing is that the only way to reset/override the signal is to take it to the dealership and have them reset it. One dealership wanted $95 and the other wanted $50. Oh well, had to pay to get it reset, and now I know - no more cases of water on the front seat, or, it could have been the baby diaper bag - those creatures do not travel light!

I guess I had better go do some dinner prep - Benjie is still napping from the water park, he's been down for 3 hours!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: